Envy rides is finished - Page 16

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Envy rides is finished

Re: Envy rides is finished

They seem ok, some customers and staff appear finished...

I'll say this again, the west end needs a "good" motorcycle shop.
    I sure hope envy gets their sheet together
    1st gen ZX10R
    "It's not a race!"

this thread needs to end

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    this thread needs to end
    Why?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by warp speed View Post
    I'll say this again, the west end needs a "good" motorcycle shop.
    I sure hope envy gets their sheet together
    Depends on what you mean by "west end". Pro6 and Parker Bros are both in Etobicoke, located within a block of each other, and both are 100% trustworthy.

Rider's Choice is on the border of Etobicoke & Mississauga, and although it has its good and bad days, I'd still consider it a good shop. I'm not sure about the consistency of quality of pricing and customer service, but the work is top notch.

--- D

My one service experience with Envy was lousy - that's enough to never take a bike back again. Let's just say another bike shop had to fix the problem they created, and forced me to shell out twice the original amount of money. It's too bad because they're relatively close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Why?
    It's the same over and over. The fact that this thread start of being someone's personal agenda against envy did sit too right with me either.

I'd rather there be separate threads where people talked about their experiences and it was taken for that thread alone.

This posting has got the most views in the reviews section. So there must be something to it. I wouldn't kill the post yet, besides the way I view it is live by the sword die by the sword. Envy rides has always tried to be the it thing! trying to win over the younger riders. Facebook, twitter, and of course who can forget there own web site where they originally had a haters section for negative comments to be displayed. Does anybody remember the cartoon icon which greeted potential customers to that section. A cartoon icon of a small boy with street baggy gear on proudly displaying his middle finger to all. ONCE AGAIN I'LL SAY "LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD!" envy rides gambled on being tech savy, but failed miserably. Sure there are lots of other shops in the gta that do good and bad but none have opened there legs to this type of criticism. If you open your legs to every tom, dick and harry your bound to catch something!. This is turning into a pass time which I enjoy watching. If this was a t.v. show it would be called "how not to run a business only at envvvy rides!"

One more..my buddy bought a bottle of Blue Job to polish his chrome headers..when he got home and opened the bottle, it had already been opened and used. I suggested he take it back but they'd probably charge him a restocking fee.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I think the thread should continue.

If there is 31 pages (so far) of generally negative comments, from a variety of different sources and former customers, then this area of the forum is doing its job - its reviewing a dealer for their service and sales.

More specifically... there is 31 pages of negative comments.... What is Envy not apparently doing right? (rhetorical question)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ducati_Babe~ View Post
    Sorry, let me rephrase that and say exactly what I meant, Envy hired him knowing he didn't have a license, and even when he owned his own shop he wasn't license, he claims to have his license, but then again the story changes with the weather. But to group the other tech and say that he claims to have his license as well is ignorant. Its not cool when you are throwing someone's rep on the line on a reputable website stating he only 'claims' to have his license, when someone works hard to obtain and acheive their goal, they don't need a disgruntled former employee who he barely knows trying to make him sound just as bad as some of the others. Everyday I hear a new story about Mr. Shop Foreman and his license. Which is why I said originally he is apparently licensed, as he claims. I personally feel they chose the wrong tech to be laid off but that's an Envy move for ya. Just watch who you're trying to throw under the bus.

WTF is that drivel? You're either licensed or you're not, and if you are, your certificate is required by law to be displayed somewhere in the service area. There is no grey area here. If someone asks if you're licensed, no reply is needed other than to point to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki_girl View Post
    WOW.. I just seen this thread and had to come on and post my 2cents!

ENVY was the only Bike Dealer/Shop that I seen show up @ Shopsy's Fundraiser tonight! They try to help out with community events as much as they can. I can name a only a few shops that will help out with these events with NO hesitation, and ENVY RIDES is one of them!

I also worked at Envy Rides, only for 2 months, but when I quit they told me the choice I was making was for better career opportunities, supported me fully and still treat me like an employee whenever I go to the store, so yes I do consider Envy like a little family to me, even though I don't even work there anymore. I can say "They do TRY to make it like a family atmosphere" but like most families, not everyone can get along or agree!
    Customer service and satisfaction has very little to do with their charity work. They may be the most charitable organization ever, if they are incapable of competently servicing my motorcycle I would not give them my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki_girl View Post
    Envy Rides got an award of one of Suzuki's TOP 25 stores... the FIRST year they were open! That must say something positive about them!

I have never had BAD service, nor did I ever hear many complaints when I called customers on "FOLLOW UP SERVICE CALLS" (I am not sure if they still do this) I heard some negative but I also heard ALOT of positive about times they went above & beyond.

I have come to realize you can't believe what you read about shops on forums, you have to form your own opinion. We're all human, and we all make mistakes! I agree the HATER page isn't a good Customer Service tool, but it does bring alot of talk about the website, and makes you take a look and become curious about the shop!
    I am sure in the first year they were open they got all kinds of awards. It was a different shop back then. When I first came there (a month after it opened) I had 2 sales people approach me asking me if I needed help, I got instant service at the gear section and they were extremely accommodating. So much so that after about 6 months of shopping around I bought a bike from them. But with every month that the store was open it went downhill more and more.

The deal when I bought my bike was 1/2 off my first service and I was supposed to get my tank replaced because it had scratches on it when the bike was delivered. Well I never got my 1/2 off on the first service and the tank still had scratches on it when I got the bike back. I just wanted to ride so I didn't bother arguing, but to me that was the end of my business with Envy.

Since then I've visited the store many times and it is impossible to get any kind of decent service. I've also been very suspicious about the service that was done on my bike, but it hasn't fallen apart since then and on my subsequent services the other mechanic never said that some idiot put my bike together wrong. I guess that's sort of a vote of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ducati_Babe~ View Post
    And apprentices are only allowed to perform certain jobs alone, etc. If your bike is being serviced and a person who isn't yet qualified to do that task or job yet,(aka an apprentice) performs a job and causes your bike to loose a tire, etc, the SHOP is the one you'd have to sue anyways, and in most cases the company insurance would be the one to cover any damages.
    Nothing personal, but this just lacks all common sense. If a person says that Envy engages is illegal practices when performing service on a bike (charging for one type of oil and putting in another for example) why would one assume that they would also follow the rules about apprentices? Who is there to enforce that rule or to prove who did what work? The part about losing a tire just made no sense. Yes, the shop will be liable for the poor service no matter what, but the goal is not to experience that poor service. And if it came to that, does anyone truly believe that any shop will admit to breaking the law and being negligent?

Quote Originally Posted by phucyall View Post
    The deal when I bought my bike was 1/2 off my first service and I was supposed to get my tank replaced because it had scratches on it when the bike was delivered. Well I never got my 1/2 off on the first service and the tank still had scratches on it when I got the bike back. I just wanted to ride so I didn't bother arguing, but to me that was the end of my business with Envy.

Since then I've visited the store many times and it is impossible to get any kind of decent service. I've also been very suspicious about the service that was done on my bike, but it hasn't fallen apart since then and on my subsequent services the other mechanic never said that some idiot put my bike together wrong. I guess that's sort of a vote of confidence.
    that warrants a call to the head office and speaking to a manager.... asking why you bought a suzuki and how is suzuki protecting you. If they put the bike together wrong creating a dangerous situation, it should've been documented and reported. I hate to imagine how many others could've had the same thing done to them.... I hate to see a poser's bike fall apart while posing at the local Tims

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    that warrants a call to the head office and speaking to a manager.... asking why you bought a suzuki and how is suzuki protecting you. If they put the bike together wrong creating a dangerous situation, it should've been documented and reported. I hate to imagine how many others could've had the same thing done to them.... I hate to see a poser's bike fall apart while posing at the local Tims

Are we even talking about the same thing here? What head office? What is there to document and report? Are you sure that's what you meant to quote? I am lost...

Quote Originally Posted by phucyall View Post

Are we even talking about the same thing here? What head office? What is there to document and report? Are you sure that's what you meant to quote? I am lost...
    sorry, I read that wrong... I didn't the "never" and read it as 'the other mechanic said some idiot put my bike together wrong'

my bad lol.

EDIT BY ADMIN - Note to everyone: Please start a new review for Envy. This thread is closed. Please keep your reviews about the business and service without getting personal. Thanks Paul.
    Last edited by Paul; 10-04-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Closed Thread