Name of place in Mississauga that carries wire twister and safetey wire?

Thread: Name of place in Mississauga that carries wire twister and safetey wire?

Name of place in Mississauga that carries wire twister and safetey wire?

I asked a while ago and forgot where to go...LOL I think I remember someone mentioning a aviation supply near me in Mississauga

I bought Princess auto twisters but they suck....So I want to buy a high quality wire twister and some wire...

Appreciate if someone could tell me somewhere in Mississauga, that carries both in stock?

Also I had some thicker wire, and I noticed while working on my bike in the pit alot of scrap wire that had been twisted and cut off and tossed on the ground. And it was much much smaller then my wire size....So what size should I be looking for....

And lastly if I want to cover the some of the twisted wire with clear hose, so it doesnt scratch my calipers and fancy bits...Where can I find really really small clear tubing for this? C-Tire? Home depot?

Thanks guys

Re: Name of place in Mississauga that carries wire twister and safetey wire?

I got my wire from Leavens http://www.leavensaviation.com/ . just north of the airport on Derry. I'm assuming they have pliers as well. Princess auto ones suck, i'm about ready to chuck mine. Ebay seems to have a good assortment of quality ones from time to time, so I'll probably go that route. I got 0.022" wire, don't like the heavy stuff, and the thin stuff just breaks on me all the time. 22 thou is a good balance.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    I got my wire from Leavens http://www.leavensaviation.com/ . just north of the airport on Derry. I'm assuming they have pliers as well. Princess auto ones suck, i'm about ready to chuck mine. Ebay seems to have a good assortment of quality ones from time to time, so I'll probably go that route. I got 0.022" wire, don't like the heavy stuff, and the thin stuff just breaks on me all the time. 22 thou is a good balance.
    Thanks man they have one wire twister in stock for $35, and tons of wire options...So Ima check em out in a bit...

if you want quality ones then get the snap on pliers. they are also reversable.
    life's not short, it's just that you're dead for so long
    www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by dextasy View Post
    if you want quality ones then get the snap on pliers. they are also reversable.
    I got screwed and ended up with a reversible Gray brand one for $140

The aviation place said they have them in stock on the phone, but when I went there they only had one on display that wasnt for sale. I didnt want it anyways because it looked exactly like the POS princess auto one I want to replace....Cisco had the Gray one...

And they dont carry .022 wire, they had .020 and .025 so I bought a spool of each

Still looking for very small clear tubing!

$140 for pliers? I have some tubing for, um, $68.
    You want pneumatic urethane tubing - try Wainbee.

Craig 57

Quote Originally Posted by fzrcraig View Post
    $140 for pliers? I have some tubing for, um, $68.
    You want pneumatic urethane tubing - try Wainbee.

Craig 57
    Not pliers but wire twisters, exact same quality and design as the Snap-ons
    I dont mind spending good money on a good tool, that Im going to be using often

The tubing Im looking for would be flexable clear nylon tubing. Pretty much every store Ive been too has it, just not as small as Id like...The smallest most stores carry is 1/8" ID which is 1/4" OD...Id like something 1/16" ID so the OD is really small aswell

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyp636 View Post

the tubing im looking for would be flexable clear nylon tubing. Pretty much every store ive been too has it, just not as small as id like...the smallest most stores carry is 1/8" id which is 1/4" od...id like something 1/16" id so the od is really small aswell
    try albatross they might have somthing for ya

S.O.A.R. #691

Or even hobby hobby in streetsville

S.O.A.R. #691

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotmikeyboy View Post
    Or even hobby hobby in streetsville
    I think thats the best idea so far, I have a good feeling they will have it!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    as a last resort: McMaster Carr has it too. I believe they do next business day delivery.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

***Love you Dotty, with us always***

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    That tool is worthless, its the same one they sell at Princess auto....I bought it for like $20, but I'll give it away for free after using it

Just a shot in the dark but try a pet store. The air lines for aquariums is pretty small and might work well. Just a thought.......

clear shrink wrap tubing.....

That tool is worthless, its the same one they sell at Princess auto....I bought it for like $20, but I'll give it away for free after using it
    hahahah... If you use it correctly it works quite nicley.....
    ***Love you Dotty, with us always***

Rider's Choice carries safety wire. They don't carry the twisters though.

JohnnyP, I use fish tank air hose for mine. Perfect sizing. Any pet store.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    hahahah... If you use it correctly it works quite nicley.....
    Your right I must just be incompetent, but if youd see the bike Im working on youd realize I dont cheap out and like quality stuff

Thanks guys Hobby hobby had the perfect stuff for me..
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 08-07-2009 at 07:23 PM.