Here is the fix for Bill 203... - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here is the fix for Bill 203...

Re: Here is the fix for Bill 203...

send it to NOSPAMtim.toldnes@gmail.com and i'll post it up.

got it..

Last edited by caboose483; 08-08-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Banned

Apparently the above pic happened over lane changes. The cop said to both of them "your speed was fine!" Man, we have to do something about this. This is so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Take a drive up to the northern-most exit from Hwy 410, at Mayfield. With the volume and type of traffic there it's quite possible to miss the signs for the reduction in speed, especially if you pull out to make a pass at just the wrong moment. Transition zones have been a favourite fishing pond for HTA 172, whether they be rural or urban.

Thing is in the scenario that you've suggested it wouldn't much matter what you argued as you would have already lost your vehicle and license for a week, along with whatever large sum of money went with that. If you did happen to get stopped and argued the point at the roadside, then I recall seeing a statute that would result in several thousand dollars more in fines for having the temerity to do so.

Do you follow?
    I follow alright but under the circumstances I described then I wouldn't be the only one caught out.

Perhaps it's my neck of the woods but I don't see the types of transitions you're talking about near Ottawa, Kingston or Montreal or the limited times I'm up in Toronto and if there was such an epidemic of this happening then there would also be JP's, lawyers, doctors, nuns, reverands etc all caught too. I don't recollect ever hearing about such cases and I'm a news junkie.

I think that there's a lot of "could have, maybe did" with this law and very little "actually did"....the potential for RAMPANT abuse is there (which is why I've said it's not perfect), I do grant you that. I just don't see any rampant abuse at all (isolated cases, and one bad cop IS an isolated case, does not constitute rampant abuse).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    I follow alright but under the circumstances I described then I wouldn't be the only one caught out.

Perhaps it's my neck of the woods but I don't see the types of transitions you're talking about near Ottawa, Kingston or Montreal or the limited times I'm up in Toronto and if there was such an epidemic of this happening then there would also be JP's, lawyers, doctors, nuns, reverands etc all caught too. I don't recollect ever hearing about such cases and I'm a news junkie.

I think that there's a lot of "could have, maybe did" with this law and very little "actually did"....the potential for RAMPANT abuse is there (which is why I've said it's not perfect), I do grant you that. I just don't see any rampant abuse at all (isolated cases, and one bad cop IS an isolated case, does not constitute rampant abuse).
    Man, you've gone from being a pest, to a troll. Take a look at the pic above. Imagine you start out for a drive with your lady, and this is how your day ends...over "lane changes!" Somebody bounce this guy. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Code 4 View Post
    Man, you've gone from being a pest, to a troll. Take a look at the pic above. Imagine you start out for a drive with your lady, and this is how your day ends...over "lane changes!" Somebody bounce this guy. Please!
    I see Dixie towing...was this around Sauga?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Code 4 View Post
    I'm not commenting on the pic as I don't know what the entire story is. That's called reasoned judgement as opposed to kneejerk, biased reaction. There are two sides to every story.

You might want to try it sometime, it's very valuable in life, saves you looking stupid.

Interesting fantasies you have. I'm seriously not losing any sleep over this prospect and it really speaks volumes that you are. Paranoia is a powerful thing..

Even if you are not paranoid - they may still be out to get you.

The only ones not worried about this are those that are not informed.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzr View Post
    even if you are not paranoid - they may still be out to get you.

The only ones not worried about this are those that are not informed.

G.
    qed

do I smell a British accent?

tell ya what

lets you and I go for a spirited boot in my Morgan +8 and we can wave back at all the coppers waving and smiling

then we'll park the roadster and go for granny-shifting crawl in my supercharged Mustang and see if they smile and wave

wake up

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    do I smell a British accent?

tell ya what

lets you and I go for a spirited boot in my Morgan +8 and we can wave back at all the coppers waving and smiling

then we'll park the roadster and go for granny-shifting crawl in my supercharged Mustang and see if they smile and wave

wake up
    Why wouldn't they wave the same? You have a perceived problem that isn't exactly based in reality. I'm sensing some real victim mentality here.

Why wouldn't they wave the same? You have a perceived problem that isn't exactly based in reality. I'm sensing some real victim mentality here.
    you're the one living in la la land

I've debated Bill 203 on the phone with Frank Klees

I've also debated HTA172 face-to-face with my Liberal MPP David Zimmer

in both conversations I introduced myself as the owner of a heavily modified Mustang

you know how they treat you?????....David Zimmer literally asked me if I was a "street racer"....and Klees treated me like some adolescent ******

yeah....all 42 years of me...without as much as a freakin parking ticket in 20+ years

then ......and I did this to both of these pipe-smokers....I simply asked...."do you know what a Morgan is?"

well then...it became quite obvious that I'm also the owner of a Morgan +8, and not just the evil Mustang

and you know what?.....these ******-bags completely changed their tunes....now all of a sudden my opinion is more relavent....ya know...more relavent than it was 15 seconds before when I was the owner of a heavily modified Mustang

I've done my homework.....I've done it with the ones responsible for this crap law...and I've done it face-to-face

don't tell me I'm in dreamland.....I let these bozos immediately profile me face-to-face with a ringer in my pocket and watched/listened to both of them back-pedal like a cheating wife

and what makes you think some roadside cops are gonna behave any differently or better than a freakin politician?

it's a Bad law....and if you don't see it.....then you should suffer from it

wow what a long read. personally i have a morgan too, but she's 10 and a brat. It's awsome to see such passion stem from the love of riding. Myself i get more worked up about the 40% of my paycheck that ends up in government hands, when i never even see them on the job. Maybe we should all get matching jackets, and constantly break the laws, then we could be taken seriously.

I've debated Bill 203 on the phone with Frank Klees

I've also debated HTA172 face-to-face with my Liberal MPP David Zimmer

in both conversations I introduced myself as the owner of a heavily modified Mustang

you know how they treat you?????....David Zimmer literally asked me if I was a "street racer"....and Klees treated me like some adolescent ******

yeah....all 42 years of me...without as much as a freakin parking ticket in 20+ years

then ......and I did this to both of these pipe-smokers....I simply asked...."do you know what a Morgan is?"

well then...it became quite obvious that I'm also the owner of a Morgan +8, and not just the evil Mustang

and you know what?.....these ******-bags completely changed their tunes....now all of a sudden my opinion is more relavent....ya know...more relavent than it was 15 seconds before when I was the owner of a heavily modified Mustang

I've done my homework.....I've done it with the ones responsible for this crap law...and I've done it face-to-face

don't tell me I'm in dreamland.....I let these bozos immediately profile me face-to-face with a ringer in my pocket and watched/listened to both of them back-pedal like a cheating wife

and what makes you think some roadside cops are gonna behave any differently or better than a freakin politician?

Great..so the politicians profiled you, so might some random passers by. Have you been charged under this law?

Don't bother..

I eagerly await the upcoming scenario when MPP Klees is performing a semi aggressive/defensive manouever in his luxury sedan in NewMarket. And a veteran copper on the beat witnesses this maneouver. And hands him a taste of his own law.
    I'm not a religeous man ...but i pray for this many times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    I see Dixie towing...was this around Sauga?
    I think that may have been hedkandy getting impounded in Milton somewhere.

I pray for this also... lol

Have you been charged under this law?
    I have, unjustly I might add ...and it's 'cuz of *$%^$#bags who can't comprehend/understand the arguments posted in this thread that this law hasn't receieved enough public outcry to be repealed as it should be.
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face - Rage Against The Machine

Great..so the politicians profiled you, so might some random passers by. Have you been charged under this law?
    no

but you think I'm going to put my head in the sand when Queen's park is pushing a law that I feel blatantly discriminates against me?

when I read Bill 203 in the Spring of 2006 and called Klees, I told him his law wasn't going after the "true street racers" while he was telling everyone it would....and that it would bag innocent people leaving full discretion to some roadside cop with a chip on his shoulder

and he said he "could live with that"

so I basically called him an idiot for pushing a new law through that he knew would inevitably profile and punish people that weren't the real target....especially when things like the ERASE programme were already targeting this group

not to mention the audacity of this province to pass a law swiping your personal property and tossing due process out the window

I also called Klees back in the Fall of 07 to call him a blatant liar for not sharing all the details about the case he used to sell 203 to Queen's Park...and he threatened me with legal action

imo Politicians like Frank Klees should do jail time

no

but you think I'm going to put my head in the sand when Queen's park is pushing a law that I feel blatantly discriminates against me?

when I read Bill 203 in the Spring of 2006 and called Klees, I told him his law wasn't going after the "true street racers" while he was telling everyone it would....and that it would bag innocent people leaving full discretion to some roadside cop with a chip on his shoulder

and he said he "could live with that"

so I basically called him an idiot for pushing a new law through that he knew would inevitably profile and punish people that weren't the real target....especially when things like the ERASE programme were already targeting this group

not to mention the audacity of this province to pass a law swiping your personal property and tossing due process out the window

I also called Klees back in the Fall of 07 to call him a blatant liar for not sharing all the details about the case he used to sell 203 to Queen's Park...and he threatened me with legal action

imo Politicians like Frank Klees should do jail time
    So, to summarise

You haven't been charged by the police but you're scared you might be because of some profiling you perceive that hasn't actually occured.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by ungrateful_son View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...it would seem to me that you were the one having trouble comprehending the law; though I'm really curious to know what you weren't doing. Oh, one last thing - stay with me on this so you can comprehend/understand my argument - there has been no public outcry because they're (I didn't say YOU, so you wouldn't feel singled out) sitting behind the safety of their keyboards crying about an 'unjust' law. Or did you (ooops...meant to say THEY) come here to cry in the hopes someone would stand up and do your (damn, Freudian slip) fighting for you (sigh, I apologize amigo)?
    Wow..

You're way off on this one. I don't think anyone has done more work raising awareness about the problems with the racing/stunting law or done more to talk to people in positions of authority about it than Seca.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 08-09-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: removed insult

So, to summarise

You haven't been charged by the police but you're scared you might be because of some profiling you perceive that hasn't actually occured.

Hmm
    your words

my words are simple....as a born and raised Cannuck....this law IMO is a massive step backwords.....and unless you want more of the same, you plant your heels in deep on this one

we all saw, courtesy of MPP Helena Jaczek what could happen if we let the nanny-state run way off the leash

tin-foil has nothing to do with my posiition on this law....it's simple awareness that the legislators are letting irrational emotion and estrogen rule the roost, and it has to stop

Screw it. There have been more than enough insults in this thread, so it's closed.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde