Scooter Down @ Church and Wellesley

Thread: Scooter Down @ Church and Wellesley

Scooter Down @ Church and Wellesley

On my way to school this afternoon when I see a guy on a scooter... with a cup of coffee in his clutch hand. I didn't think much of it and continued to focus on traffic when I heard a thud... Dude dropped his scooter, but managed to keep his coffee safe. I wanted to get off help but I was in traffic and had to keep it movin'. I asked if he was ok and he confirmed, he looked more embarrassed than hurt and his bike looked fine, he was moving at slow speed, but the moral of the story is: Literally, don't drink n ride, you'll f***in crash.

This should proly be moved to the general discussion room.
    Last edited by ariesmars; 08-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Re: Scooter Down @ Church and Wellesley

was it a vintage looking Vespa or Lambretta? Otherwise that would be the rear brake hand. Can't imagine riding a scooter with coffee in one hand that's mad skill and an invitation to high side.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    was it a vintage looking Vespa or Lambretta? Otherwise that would be the rear brake hand. Can't imagine riding a scooter with coffee in one hand that's mad skill and an invitation to high side.
    In this case it appears there were no skills involved, let alone skills of the mad type.

coffee and a bike? I've had the thoughts, but nah...

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

cupholder on bikes!!!!! +1

Quote Originally Posted by HunGJaI View Post
    cupholder on bikes!!!!! +1
    PERFECT! Build in a shock absorber and everything... that would just fly off the self.
    Vivere est vincere

I've seen everything on scooters, coffee is nothing !!

I've seen dogs, gituars, many passengers, last week in the beaches I seen a scooter carrying 3 lawn chairs, one over his neck and one on each shoulder. I've seen furniture, i've seen cases of beer, so not at all surprised of a coffee.

2008 Honda VTX 1300 C, Cobra Speedster Shorts, Kuryakyn Skull Ram Air, Kuryakyn Ergo Guards, Ultimate Seat. Flame thrower, don't stay too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Acuratech View Post

I've seen dogs, gituars, many passengers, last week in the beaches I seen a scooter carrying 3 lawn chairs, one over his neck and one on each shoulder. I've seen furniture, i've seen cases of beer, so not at all surprised of a coffee.
    Beaches?
    You mean Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by Acuratech View Post

carrying things on scooters is not a problem. I've carried a six foot box bayonet style from Guelph to Toronto. Should have seen all my camping gears I brought with me to Ride for Sight. My friend hauls a 6 foot tree on the back of his scoot every Christmas home in the snow lol.

But having one hand unoccupied on a scooter that doesn't have rear foot brake is tricky. Hell waving on a scooter is hard enough. I kid lol.