2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77 - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77

Re: 2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Aren't you a registered SOAR racer with the Rookie Cup? If so, what race times are you running... apparently I can run my R1 in the rookie cup as well, but if I place well others may appeal?

BTW I saw you getting in trouble... I guess you stuffed the wrong guy, lmao... best line of the day:
    "ARE YOU ****ING WINNING!?"

I have raced in one Rookie cup race, but only on a no points, no contingency basis. Just really track time for me.Trust me at TMP an R1 is a liability not an asset. lol

Mine is really just a steet bike (I commute with it everyday), and I don't have near the experience as some of the guys racing in Open Class, although I am running in there this weekend. I ran a 1:28 in my last rookie cup race and that was about mid pack.

I don't think I saw another R1 out there on monday. What year is your's? What group were you in?

BTW: I didn't stuff anyone and I made sure the whole time I rode I didn't . Hell I don't even do that when I race. I'm probably the most passive racer out there.

I just outbraked before the chicanes. And then I passed some people coming out of the carousel by picking up the bike and getting on the gas sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    You mean a lecture like this?

You got me really confused man, you were not going as fast as me from the sounds of it. Yet you get bumped up after I asked to be bumped up running 1:20's early in the morning...How does that work you came after lunch, I should have been bumped before you from what your telling me?

You can ask anyone, my friends might exaggerate my times, but I know for damn sure I was going fast enough for it....And you cant really miss me out there
    My lecture looked to be a lot more animated and vocal than the one you got.
    I really don't know why i got bumped up man. Unless I have managed to shave 7seconds off my bike by running headlights and blinkers on it I don't think I would be running faster than you. I really wish I had gotten my ID tag put on the bike now.

Whatever the case, just get out to SOAR ASAP!

Wish I can race this weekend....
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

Quote Originally Posted by dvu3 View Post
    Wish I can race this weekend....
    Dave!!!!!

How are you feeling man?
    You have a Mini-Moto with your little bro this weekend right?
    Do you think you will be able to stop by?

Quote Originally Posted by Fawaz View Post
    I have raced in one Rookie cup race, but only on a no points, no contingency basis. Just really track time for me.Trust me at TMP an R1 is a liability not an asset. lol

Mine is really just a steet bike (I commute with it everyday), and I don't have near the experience as some of the guys racing in Open Class, although I am running in there this weekend. I ran a 1:28 in my last rookie cup race and that was about mid pack.

I don't think I saw another R1 out there on monday. What year is your's? What group were you in?

Ahh I see, that makes perfect sense... I'd only join in for fun anyway, but I'll prob wait until next season after getting a proper bike, do it right.

I've got the same bike Y2K, also a street/track bike, but I wasn't riding on Monday.

Ahh I see, that makes perfect sense... I'd only join in for fun anyway, but I'll prob wait until next season after getting a proper bike, do it right.

I've got the same bike Y2K, also a street/track bike, but I wasn't riding on Monday.
    This may sound odd but do you have a GF that rides a black Ninja 250R?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    Hi guys,
    A little clarification about the guy on the 125. He's not Emerson Connor (although he idolizes Emerson). His name is Eden and he's my son. He's a fair bit younger than Emerson.The GWB guys have been really great with him- allowing him on the track to practice on the RS. The reason I've been keeping him in the beginner class is just because of his age and his size- he's so little that I'm afraid that if he is involved in a crash with a rider 100+ pounds heavier than him, he'll take the worst of it. As a rule, the beginner class is far more cautious than the intermediate (as demonstrated on Monday) and he has the opportunity to work on skills development. Kevin has been great letting him be first out of the gate each session so he can get a lap or two in before coming up on traffic. He was very upset with himself for making what he thought was a shi**y pass on another rider, and sought that rider out and apologized. If anyone else got spooked, I'd like to apologize on his behalf. To be honest, I'd feel more comfortable if he ran hot-shoe as the fast guys are usually far more disciplined riders and would be able to watch out for the little guy better (in my opinion) than the intermediates.
    Chris was pacing him for a few laps in the afternoon. I'll discuss with him the appropriate class for Eden to run in at the next event. You'll see him out there- the name on the back of his leathers read's ' SpeEden'
    Thanks to everyone for their patience with him.

Tonto, for #999 Eden O'Shell
    How old is your son? And when can he start racing?....I think I saw him trying some wheelies in the pits....Tell him I can help him with those, if he can help me around the track....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    This may sound odd but do you have a GF that rides a black Ninja 250R?
    Nope.

Nope.
    Fair game for Moreno then I guess...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Johnny at TMP anything 1:26 or faster is the hot shoe group... Don't worry they won't let you into anything other than hot shoe again, believe me i've tried. (Cherry picking is fun once in a while )

1:19's will put you at the front of the pack in the rookie cup for SOAR.
    1:26 is hotshoe???? Wow.... My last track days there, 2 seasons ago, my 1:18-1:19's left me as a mid-pack to slower hotshoe rider at TMP.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

How old is your son? And when can he start racing?....I think I saw him trying some wheelies in the pits....Tell him I can help him with those, if he can help me around the track....LOL
    I doubt Eden is more than 12,, but don't let that fool you, The kid is already a Champion in a number of series

Racing Titles:
    -5th place, OPBRL winter Points Series, Rookie 2.5 class
    -Champion, OMMRA 2007 Summer Points Series Junior 2.5
    -Champion, Parry Sound Sport Bike rally MMRAC Invitational Junior class
    -Champion, 2008 GRC Canadian Cup, Junior Open, Expert 14/40 Class
    -Champion, round 3, AMRA Canadian Nationals, Junior 50cc Class
    -Champion, 2008 OMMRA Interprovincial Invitational, Junior Open Air Class
    -2nd place, Junior Production Class, Can Am Challenge
    -2nd place, Junior Super Production Class, CanAm Challenge
    -3rd place, Expert Open Air Class, GPMQ/OMMRA Invitational
    -Champion, OMMRA 2008 Summer Points Series Junior Open Air
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 08-06-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    1:26 is hotshoe???? Wow.... My last track days there, 2 seasons ago, my 1:18-1:19's left me as a mid-pack to slower hotshoe rider at TMP.
    Thats what makes choosing your group so confusing, everyone seems to have a different opinion on what times land you in what group....

If you race you should be in Hot thou right? Slow or fast racer

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    I doubt Eden is more than 12,, but don't let that fool you, The kid is already a Champion in a number of series
    Thats awesome! I always thought you had to be a min age to race, like 14 or something

Fair game for Moreno then I guess...LOL
    Not what I meant! (not that theres anything wrong with that) There was a dude that I was talking to about lines and braking markers who had an R1 that didnt get to ride on Monday...I thought it was the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    You had to register there and get a little sticker to put on your bike that contains a little chip or something.
    Did that cost anything, or is this service free. You just have to sign up for it?

Did that cost anything, or is this service free. You just have to sign up for it?
    was free last time I went, you just give them your name and they associate it with a little copper colored RFID tag. System seemed about 5 seconds off tho.

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    was free last time I went, you just give them your name and they associate it with a little copper colored RFID tag. System seemed about 5 seconds off tho.
    5 seconds! Thats pretty much useless then.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    5 seconds! Thats pretty much useless then.
    probably just an error that day, but several people thought it was off by about that much.

And it wouldnt be useless...a track day is not a race so as long as it was consistent you can use it to measure your improvement if not actual times.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Thats awesome! I always thought you had to be a min age to race, like 14 or something
    There has been special permission granted in the past for kids who show a exceptional amount of talent and maturity. I believe Jodi Christie, Emerson Conner and a few others have been granted permission to race underage.

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    probably just an error that day, but several people thought it was off by about that much.

And it wouldnt be useless...a track day is not a race so as long as it was consistent you can use it to measure your improvement if not actual times.
    we use te same system with SOAR. We also manually score each race as a back up. The system has never been anywhere near 5 seconds off.