2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77

2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77

Howdy all,

After my previous post (First Track Day: I'm Hooked) I returned the following weekend with my track crew for more adventures on the track, all the comments from the week prior had my spirits lifted to ride harder and lean further than before.

Without much effort I had noticed on my time sheet I had already beat my previous track day record of 1:31:XX on my second lap of the day With that under my belt, The rest of the day was set aside for technique and simply going faster.

By the time the end of the day rolled around I had knocked 6 seconds off my personal best and managed to squeeze a 1:25:77 (feeling about 10ft tall). With an average lapping time of about 1:26-1:27. Just thought I'd share as my track experiences have given me a pile more confidence on the road and on my bike. Offering the opportunity to meet new peeps and chill with fond friends.

Looking forward to my next track experience to go faster and meet new people.

Ride Safe, Take Care All.
    Matt.

Re: 2nd TrackDay @ Cayuga I hit 1:25:77

Quote Originally Posted by jiggatwist View Post
    Howdy all,

After my previous post (First Track Day: I'm Hooked) I returned the following weekend with my track crew for more adventures on the track, all the comments from the week prior had my spirits lifted to ride harder and lean further than before.

Without much effort I had noticed on my time sheet I had already beat my previous track day record of 1:31:XX on my second lap of the day With that under my belt, The rest of the day was set aside for technique and simply going faster.

By the time the end of the day rolled around I had knocked 6 seconds off my personal best and managed to squeeze a 1:25:77 (feeling about 10ft tall). With an average lapping time of about 1:26-1:27. Just thought I'd share as my track experiences have given me a pile more confidence on the road and on my bike. Offering the opportunity to meet new peeps and chill with fond friends.

Matt.
    Good stuff man! Im doing better then I expected, and it feels great...

I feel super-fast! Glad to hear your killin' it too.

I feel super-fast! Glad to hear your killin' it too.
    I dont feel like Im going fast on the bike, but when I stood at the wall and watched the bikes zoom zoom zoom by...I was like holy **** were moving that fast out there...

joined the 1.25 club on my 2nd day too, now to get smoother and faster Doesnt take much to change your whole perspective on riding

I hate you all
    *~Maggie~*

Wow that is really impressive man!
    What bike/number were you on? What group were you running in?

Howdy all,

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    I hate you all

I've got a lot to learn from you about smoothness and patience. I'm sure I made a few passes that were *almost* offside just because I had the adrenaline going full steam and couldnt wait. And my lap times were up and down - I really gotta even that out.

Hyperness leads to mistakes, and that leads to bad things.

The most important thing you can do at this stage of the game is to relax a little and build ability before you get in over your head.

It is a very hard thing to do, but a calm and collected rider will usually come out on top.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Great advice eastcoast..."a calm and collected rider will usually come out on top."

To fawaz, I was riding in Intermediate, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Hyperness leads to mistakes, and that leads to bad things.

The most important thing you can do at this stage of the game is to relax a little and build ability before you get in over your head.

It is a very hard thing to do, but a calm and collected rider will usually come out on top.
    spot on. I need to focus on the session, not the lap.

I wish they would post your laptimes on the site like they said they would!

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    I wish they would post your laptimes on the site like they said they would!
    Kellen, you can get them from the trailer that's in the pits...near corner 1, at the end of the day...did you know that?
    *~Maggie~*

Kellen, you can get them from the trailer that's in the pits...near corner 1, at the end of the day...did you know that?
    Yeah I did, but the ambulance wouldn't stop to pick them up for me. lol.

You must have to deal with a lot of traffic at your pace and you must have some great passing skills to be able to run a 1:25 in that group.

I think I was running a 1:30 or so (seat of the pants timer/ street trim/ had to still ride my bike home) and it was just a parking lot in intermediate.
    I found even at the slow pace of 1:30ish hot shoe was a much more comfortable group to be in.

Once again to all of you that were running that fast, Great Job!

Great advice eastcoast..."a calm and collected rider will usually come out on top."

To fawaz, I was riding in Intermediate, whatever that means.
    Last edited by Fawaz; 08-05-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Howdy all,

Matt.
    Which bike were you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Fawaz View Post
    You must have to deal with a lot of traffic at your pace and you must have some great passing skills to be able to run a 1:25 in that group.

I think I was running a 1:30 or so (seat of the pants timer/ street trim/ had to still ride my bike home) and it was just a parking lot in intermediate.
    I found even at the slow pace of 1:30ish hot shoe was a much more comfortable group to be in.

Once again to all of you that were running that fast, Great Job!
    Try running a 1:19 in intermediate, and I wanted to go faster....But how are you supposed to know where you belong when its only your 2nd time on a track day, and last time you were only doing 1:22-1:24's...

how do they know who did what times? Is someone actually keeping track of every rider?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    how do they know who did what times? Is someone actually keeping track of every rider?
    You had to register there and get a little sticker to put on your bike that contains a little chip or something.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Yeah I did, but the ambulance wouldn't stop to pick them up for me. lol.
    How dare they, you should have told them....I'm paying for this damn ambulance now stop for me to get my laptimes!