Removing warning stickers?

Thread: Removing warning stickers?

Removing warning stickers?

I have some ATTENTION stickers on my swingarm I'd like to get rid of. I believe one says the bike complies with emissions requirements and the other one says it complies with noise requirements.

Any legal risk in removing these? Any other possible reasons not to remove them? I don't think it makes any difference, nor do I think resale value would be effected, but let me know your thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: Removing warning stickers?

Strip em off...I would assume the emissions sticker is more for cali and the noise sticker as long as your bike isn't insanely loud your good. Not to mention Those are stock stickers, through on an aftermarket pipe and they're void anyway.
    "ride to your full potential or why ride at all!'

04 R6 (sold)
    07 R6

im pretty sure you can buy them from the dealer if you want to re place them on when you sell it

First thing to go off my new bike was all the warning stickers. Cars don't come with them (only the airbag ones on the visors). I kept on the ones you are asking about just for good measure on the swingarm.

I say take it off if you want, mine are there just for a reminder for me being new.
    Cheers 'n Beers,
    Haz

Pilot, Photographer, Volleyball player and now Rider...
    Current Ride: '09 Suzuki SV650SA ABS
    Free Sempire!!!!

Gone. First thing I did when I got my current bike. They were off months before I even rode the thing. (It was delivered while there was still snow and salt... talk about a long wait!)

I did however leave the stickers for the tire inflation & "gauge" for sprocket wear. They don't bother me on mine since they are black and silver on black parts. Only reason I left them was so I don't mess up inflation, sometimes us simple people get confuzzed!!!
    -1979 Honda CB650 (SOLD)
    -2006 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    -2007 25th Anniversary Honda VFR800 (+50k km)

Quote Originally Posted by shicksr6 View Post
    Strip em off...I would assume the emissions sticker is more for cali and the noise sticker as long as your bike isn't insanely loud your good. Not to mention Those are stock stickers, through on an aftermarket pipe and they're void anyway.
    "IF" you ever get hassled, he noise sticker doesnt matter because newer bikes have the EPA noise rating stamped into the stock exhaust can

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    im pretty sure you can buy them from the dealer if you want to re place them on when you sell it
    I dont hink you can. I used to work for a dealership and dont remeber seeing those stickers available with part numbers, altho i never really 'looked' into ordering them. I know the sticker that has the VIN, GVWR, GAWR CANNOT be purchased,a s it is put on the frame when manufactured ( i had to call a manufacturer about it and they advised me that it cannot be replaced)

Don't do it. The mattress police will get you.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Don't do it. The mattress police will get you.
    I knew it all along!

Thanks everyone. They're comin' off probably tomorrow =)