tire warmers + generator? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tire warmers + generator?

Re: tire warmers + generator?

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    right now, I'm considering a Generac GP3250, as a replacement to my RV generator that died last time I tried to use it...anyone have any info or experience with the generac? Any idea how loud/quiet they are?

Not looking to spend 1000+ on a genny right now.
    I've heard the Generacs are not quiet.

WalMart has the Hyundai 2000W generators for $550. They're not as quiet as the Honda or Yamaha units but they're much better than most ordinary generators. A friend of mine has the Hyundai unit, I'd have a hard time shelling out more than 2x the $$ for a Honda.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    right now, I'm considering a Generac GP3250, as a replacement to my RV generator that died last time I tried to use it...anyone have any info or experience with the generac? Any idea how loud/quiet they are?

Not looking to spend 1000+ on a genny right now.
    You've been to my pits when my genny is running, Mine is a Gencerac 4000EXL, It's a older industrial one before they got bought out by Briggs & Stratton. It's definitely much louder than a inverter type Honda or Yamaha but not as loud as one of the cheap coleman ones.. Mine has a large square muffler about 6"X8".. Inside the trailer you can barely hear it when the muffler is pointed away from the trailer.. I wouldn't run it all night if anyone is near.

I have the Generac 3250 I'm using for my toyhauler and warmers. It works great, not as quiet as the honda or hyundai clones but runs forever on a tank of gas. It doesn't have a 30 amp circuit for trailers but both sides are breakered at 15 amps ... 1 y-adapter later and it works great.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Loud generators can be annoying. The people who have the loud ones don't think so because they run the 100 foot cord right next to your pit area! Totally uncool but it happens and usually mentioning this to the offender fixes the situation. Sometimes I can't even hear my EU2000 if a loud one is running near by.

And if camping out, don't event think about running a genny at night.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports