tire warmers + generator?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tire warmers + generator?

tire warmers + generator?

Looking for 2 sets of warmers and a generator that can handle them and an track side espresso maker....Any recommendations? Tire warmer brand and model? Where to buy them locally? And what size generator Id need to run them?

Im not a fan of Honda motorcycles, but I think I can live with a Honda Generator, as I hear they are top notch....

Re: tire warmers + generator?

hahah... You're gonna have one of the most popular tents in the paddock if you get the espresso maker.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Hey JP. All I can recommend to get is:

Bickle Warmers @ Bluestreakracing or you can order them direct from John Bickle on his website @ www.Bickleracing.com. I would get the programmable one so you can set your warmers at the temperature that you want it at.

Honda EU2000i. It's an invertor type generator and one of the quietest out in the market with a 59db rating. It's alittle pricey but I'm sure you are willing to spend an extra few bucks on some quality stuff. They uaully run for about $1500before tax(new). I bought one used for 1g and it's one of the best investment I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    hahah... You're gonna have one of the most popular tents in the paddock if you get the espresso maker.
    I have one of those Bosch Tassimo machines, that makes coffee, tea, lattes, cappuccino, etc etc..Its $150 but makes espresso's that taste just like the ones in cafe's on College st.....

The car inverter was struggling to pump out enough juice to make them....

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGSX View Post
    Hey JP. All I can recommend to get is:

Bickle Warmers @ Bluestreakracing or you can order them direct from John Bickle on his website @ www.Bickleracing.com. I would get the programmable one so you can set your warmers at the temperature that you want it at.

Honda EU2000i. It's an invertor type generator and one of the quietest out in the market with a 59db rating. It's alittle pricey but I'm sure you are willing to spend an extra few bucks on some quality stuff. They uaully run for about $1500before tax(new). I bought one used for 1g and it's one of the best investment I've made.
    Hummm Tony seems to have everything I need! Thats where I bought the tires and %80 of the parts on my bike...

Tony's a great guy! Bought a few things from him this year, pricing is great and delivery is pretty fast! Just wished I knew he was at the gtam trackday so I could've met him in person and said hi lolz. I pitted on the other side near the cafe and didn't really walk around much

I can't speak from experience but rather from lurking through the Track Day forums... Bickle is the way to go. I don't think anyone has even tried to dispute Bickle's superior quality. John Bickle is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I have one of those Bosch Tassimo machines, that makes coffee, tea, lattes, cappuccino, etc etc..Its $150 but makes espresso's that taste just like the ones in cafe's on College st.....

The car inverter was struggling to pump out enough juice to make them....
    lol... I will have to hit you up for a taste tester next time I run into ya
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    I can't speak from experience but rather from lurking through the Track Day forums... Bickle is the way to go. I don't think anyone has even tried to dispute Bickle's superior quality. John Bickle is the man.
    +1 on the Bickles, I have the Standard ones and they work great.

Plus John is at all the SOAR rounds in case there's a problem..

If you get to the States, Camping World always has the best prices on Honda Generators.. They don't publish the prices unless your a presidents club member.
    http://www.campingworld.com/

Bic is the only answer.
    You will need bigger than 2000 watts for two sets. Let alone the coffee.
    1800 per set plus esspresso.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Looking for 2 sets of warmers and a generator that can handle them and an track side espresso maker....Any recommendations? Tire warmer brand and model? Where to buy them locally? And what size generator Id need to run them?

Im not a fan of Honda motorcycles, but I think I can live with a Honda Generator, as I hear they are top notch....
    Bickle Warmers....go direct to John,(bickleracing.com) himself. A honda EU2000 will do both sets. The Yamaha generator is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spinto View Post
    Bickle Warmers....go direct to John,(bickleracing.com) himself. A honda EU2000 will do both sets. The Yamaha generator is good as well.
    Bic himself told me that his warmers require 1800 watts to operate properly. 1800 x 2 = 3600 watts so I dont think a 2000 is gonna feed them well enough if both sets run at once. Might get hot , but hot enough?

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Bic himself told me that his warmers require 1800 watts to operate properly. 1800 x 2 = 3600 watts so I dont think a 2000 is gonna feed them well enough if both sets run at once. Might get hot , but hot enough?
    John would know what works best for his product. But i would check with him again.

that's 800w not 1800w Ken.

I've been running 2 sets all day long on an EU2000i for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    that's 800w not 1800w Ken.

I've been running 2 sets all day long on an EU2000i for several years.
    Could be right guys. I thought he said 1800 but I could be wrong
    Hey you need the on board stuff soon?

We're leaving for VIR tonight.

I knew you were busy the past couple of weeks after the last round, didn't want to be a pain in the @$$.

We don't have any delusions of winning a 6h endurance event, I don't think radios are going to be the deciding factor.

If I can keep the thing upright during my stints, I'll be happy.

The 6 hour is on Friday this week, if I make it back in time, I'll be at TMP for sunday.

We're leaving for VIR tonight.

I knew you were busy the past couple of weeks after the last round, didn't want to be a pain in the @$$.

We don't have any delusions of winning a 6h endurance event, I don't think radios are going to be the deciding factor.

If I can keep the thing upright during my stints, I'll be happy.

The 6 hour is on Friday this week, if I make it back in time, I'll be at TMP for sunday.
    Good luck, VIR is a awesome track. We did a Moto-ST round there in 08

Good luck, VIR is a awesome track. We did a Moto-ST round there in 08
    VIR is a top notch facility indeed. Just don't leave it solely up to your gps to get you there though. Plan a route ahead of time. Garmin took us through some pretty scary mountain passes on the way down. The 35 foot motorhome struggled with the 16 ft trailer on some of those ups and downs. Tom tom was a little nicer to us on the way home though.

Good luck at VIR. Hope to see you sunday!

Bic is the only answer.
    You will need bigger than 2000 watts for two sets. Let alone the coffee.
    1800 per set plus esspresso.
    A Honda EU2000 will run 2 sets of BICKLES no problem. She will run at about 85%, but it is no issue for the genny.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.