Got busted today :( - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Got busted today :(

Re: Got busted today :(

There are services like this one
    http://blacklogic.com/faq.php

I am sure they can always get information when it is important
    even if it is across borders, and they should be able to,
    they will just have to prove it is important before they get it.
    As long as they have proper search warrant they can just
    knock on the door and take computers. Encryption in this
    case would not help because search warrant compels you to
    hand over the keys... And again that is fine and should be so.
    But for Rogers to hand over my email history to police just
    because they got polite letter, that is plain wrong....

As for me I have servers online that I administer.
    I can setup VPN there and not log anything...

Re: Got busted today :(

Seems you lucked out with a decent cop, Glad to see there is at least one out there. You have been open and honest with your post and I truly feel you wish to do the right thing. From your comments I really feel you have remorse and are seriously kicking yourself and are having a difficult time with this decision. So, what is the right move.?

"Do the right thing " suck it up and Pay the whole fine and the insurance rate increase .[if you can find an insurer]

Deal with your inner turmoil, then Go to court, talk with the officer and prosecutor, I am sure your genuine remorse and explanation/apology will help reduce your fine.
    Hire redline and have them fight it all the way, who knows you may get off completely. [scumbag lawyers, lol]

Only you really know the answer to your decision and the commentors for the yay and nay are not really helping you. Look in the mirror take a deep breath and decide.

N.B. Also look for guidance from your peers who have also been in much worse doo doo than you. Lets see, there is Mulroney,[his defence only cost us billions] Jaffer [totally innocent] John Givelas the Durham cop [ yeh he is admitting his guilt, fessing up suuuuuuuuuure]. And on and on and on .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I am missing someone............ oh yeh, Fatino[no its not a typo.!!!!!!]

Wait, I'm sorry, you are just an average Joe who actually has remorse.
    Last edited by 50 over; 05-19-2010 at 07:08 AM. Reason: coz its my right.