This... Is... Street racing! - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This... Is... Street racing!

Re: This... Is... Street racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    There are many other professions that require certification of a minimum standard of education. Engineering was mentioned. It's hardly a cash grab to make sure that people meet our educational criteria. Universities do it all the time, when determining if someone from another jurisdiction has the necessary education to proceed with education.

Give me a few weeks and a couple of thousand dollars, and I could be a civil engineer. Would you want me building bridges that you would have to use?
    If someone is saving lives being a doctor in UK, why is not a straight as a line to be a doctor here? What about nurses? Do you think that to take care of patients is that dramatically different elsewhere than here, that it would require an expensive long term school studies.

The couple of thousands of dollars is exactly what most immigrants with engineering degrees don't have (and especially the time without a job ...). Plus you picked a bridge builder. But what about the thousands of factory engineering jobs ..... the list is long I am sure and while most shouldn't require a complicated degree re qualifications, I am sure there are exceptions where they do and should do (as mentioned in your case ...).

A lot of times the money grabbing machines are rather the colleges. Whether it's a college of teachers, doctors or engineers, you choose ....

Anyways, never mind ... getting off the topic here.

Re: This... Is... Street racing!

He's a grown man and mom and dad should've let him face it all on his own!!Most people learn right and wrong before they're 10, at twenty one it's far to late, destination f****** loserville!!

Driver caught going 130 kph over limit

210 kph in an 80 zone. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Star, Precious Yutangco
    A man has been charged with stunt driving after he was apparently caught going 130 kilometres over the speed limit in Brampton overnight. Ontario Provincial Police first spotted the Mitsubishi Lancer speeding on Hwy. 10 in Caledon. They followed him to Brampton and finally pulled him over near Mayfield Rd. around 2 a.m., said Const. Julia McCuaig.

Police allege that he was going 210 kilometres-per-hour in an 80-kilometre zone - almost three times the legal limit.
    Under the stunt driving law, his car has been impounded and his license suspended for seven days.
    Toronto Star