Plastic for sewing patches on suits?

Thread: Plastic for sewing patches on suits?

Plastic for sewing patches on suits?

Hey Im looking for the plastic covering that is used to cover patches, when sewing them onto race suits...Does anyone know were I can buy this locally?

My sister used to be seem stress so she can handle sewing them on, just isnt familiar with this plastic and where to get it...I got some Brembo,Arai, etc etc patches, and Id like to bling out my suit to look like a racer..LOL

Thanks

Re: Plastic for sewing patches on suits?

thick heat shrink plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    thick heat shrink plastic?
    I have no idea? Im just looking at my buddies suit, and all his patches are wrapped in a clear plastic before being sewed onto the suit...

The best guy to contact for this kind of info would be John Bickle as he does tons of them. John's on this site but you'll likely get a quicker response going throught his site (bickleracing.com) or calling him. (905-432-898

He's never denied me freebie advice
    SOAR Novice #113

Bic uses plastic and he will do them in minutes. Honestly the gas you will burn getting the plastic will be more than Bic charges.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Bic uses plastic and he will do them in minutes. Honestly the gas you will burn getting the plastic will be more than Bic charges.
    5.7 V8 very true!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    5.7 V8 very true!
    I hear ya. Mine has a dicey head gasket and a eighteen foot trailer behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Hey Im looking for the plastic covering that is used to cover patches, when sewing them onto race suits...Does anyone know were I can buy this locally?

My sister used to be seem stress so she can handle sewing them on, just isnt familiar with this plastic and where to get it...I got some Brembo,Arai, etc etc patches, and Id like to bling out my suit to look like a racer..LOL

Thanks
    Thinking because she sews,,doesn't mean her machine will sew it. Chances are if she says yes,,she'll move and leave no forwarding address after.

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Thinking because she sews,,doesn't mean her machine will sew it. Chances are if she says yes,,she'll move and leave no forwarding address after.
    hahaha
    f'n leathers

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    She has sewed leather already, and she has Mitsubishi industrial sewing machines....It was a profession not just a hobby, so Im sure she can handle sewing on some patches. With the right needle/machine setup...

Although I will probably just bring it to you anyways, as I want my name done too...