Thoughts on this trailer?

Thread: Thoughts on this trailer?

Thoughts on this trailer?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to pick up a trailer for getting my steed to the track. Can I get some opinions on the SnowBear 4.5' x 6' Utility Trailer here: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...s/Trailers.jsp

My apologies if this post is in the wrong section, I really wanted the opinion of people that actually use trailers and figured this section was the best for that.

Thanks in advance.
    Annu
    Last edited by adawar; 07-29-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: fixing url
    there is no spoon

Re: Thoughts on this trailer?

just fixed
    there is no spoon

This doesn't answer your question (sorry), but did you know it's only $16.xx (tax in) a day to rent a 4x7 U-haul trailer?

Might be a better way to go; don't have to deal w/ storage, maintenance etc.

Just M2C

edit: check out http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehi...-W0QQCatIdZ172 and search for "4 x" (or "5 x", "6 x"), there are a few deals there WAY cheaper than the crappy tire route...found this one in 2 secs...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ145296369

...offer him $350
    Last edited by ungrateful_son; 07-29-2009 at 11:14 AM.
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

I hear ya. In my case, storage isn't a problem and I want to be able to pick and go to the track on a moments notice.... renting requires advanced planning.
    there is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by adawar View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to pick up a trailer for getting my steed to the track. Can I get some opinions on the SnowBear 4.5' x 6' Utility Trailer here: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...s/Trailers.jsp

My apologies if this post is in the wrong section, I really wanted the opinion of people that actually use trailers and figured this section was the best for that.

Thanks in advance.
    Annu
    I just bought a 4 x 6 Snowbear from Canadian Trucks and Trailers last week.

Review Thread: http://gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=93756

Canadian tires sells them for wayy too much! I bought mine new for $350.

My only suggestion would be get a bigger one. The only reason I went for a 4x6 is because of storage space. for a R6, the wheels sit close to the edge front and back.

Because the rear is so close the edge, I had problems squeezing a 2x8 under the tire when unloading. an aluminium loading ramp would probably fix this. Also I would get bigger tires.

Other than that, it works just fine.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Great thread, thanks guy!
    there is no spoon

You will find that the overall length of your bike is more than 6 feet. Next size bigger will work a whole lot better.

I had one. Purchased at Home Depot about 6 years ago. Awesome trailer, just need to keep it clean and expect to switch the wood out after awhile, mine rotted out from the studs in my sled always scraping it. Mine had tilt, extended tongue, move axel forward or back. All in all a good trailer, just keep up with regular bearing maintenance and other crap. I also witched out the cotter pins used to hold the back gate on, the ones that came with it fell out on the way home. If it's the same style mine was the front gate could also be laid down and secured for another foot or so of room. I used mine for everything, 3 dirt bikes, my 4 wheeler fit perfect, moving, soil, gravel, half a car....lol. I paid 700$ for it. All in all solid little trailer good for almost anything!

D

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

If you're looking for advice on trailers, my suggestion would be to get a fold up trailer from Harbour Freight. On sale, they're $200US and just requires assembly.

The fold up option allows you to store it away and retain the space for other things in the garage. It's a serious benefit.

The only issues may be bringing it across the border, you have to be careful in saying that they are trailer parts only and that it does NOT represent a full vehicle that you'll be putting on the road. You are ONLY using the parts to build a home built trailer, which can be plated for $35Cdn.

Good luck.
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo