RACERS ....I mean..... STUNTERS INC. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RACERS ....I mean..... STUNTERS INC.

Re: RACERS ....I mean..... STUNTERS INC.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    That's certainly possible. I ran a 1:17.9 there on my 3rd trackday period.
    Jeezuz, I am jealous, some of you guys are way to blessed!!! I am in the low 1:20s after 3 tries at tmp. Fugg my buddy runs hotshoe and his best lap thus far is a 1:17 somethin'. Damn you ultra fast dudes, damn you! LOL
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    Jeezuz, I am jealous, some of you guys are way to blessed!!! I am in the low 1:20s after 3 tries at tmp. Fugg my buddy runs hotshoe and his best lap thus far is a 1:17 somethin'. Damn you ultra fast dudes, damn you! LOL
    I think i crashed the session after i ran that 1:17... ahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I think i crashed the session after i ran that 1:17... ahahahaha
    Great I was just about to post that it will also be my 3rd ever track day tomorrow at TMP, so I was gonna shoot for a 1:17. Now I think I'll stick to 1:19+

Quote Originally Posted by milty View Post
    Hey Boose remember my first time at the track... I was dragging side fairing and exhaust on my 954. It was quite the ride.
    David, first of all...I have a thing for bigger boys, so don't take this the wrong way...but I think the suspension squatted that bike right down, causing you to scrape everything When's your next track day? Common, take that TLR out and show James how it's done!
    *~Maggie~*

im thinking one lap means mothing as you are learning and if you can average your goal time over 5 or 10 laps you are in a better position....am I way off base or on the right track?

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    im thinking one lap means mothing as you are learning and if you can average your goal time over 5 or 10 laps you are in a better position....am I way off base or on the right track?
    I wouldnt say one lap means nothing! Your best lap is exactly that! I do agree it's all about consistency, so all in all your lap times should be very close in times(keep in mind consistency comes with experience, which=lotsa tracktime). For newer track riders or people who are working on a certain aspect of their riding or a part of the track their lap times may fluctuate severly until it all clicks and you get that one magical lap!

After purchasing a laptimer I've been logging my progress or lack there of. LOL I find that my two best sessions of the day are my last session before lunch and my first session after lunch. For me the first couple morning sessions are a good warm up and by days end I am fading physically and mentally, maybe it's time to get fit. hahahaha
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    I wouldnt say one lap means nothing! Your best lap is exactly that! I do agree it's all about consistency, so all in all your lap times should be very close in times(keep in mind consistency comes with experience, which=lotsa tracktime). For newer track riders or people who are working on a certain aspect of their riding or a part of the track their lap times may fluctuate severly until it all clicks and you get that one magical lap!

After purchasing a laptimer I've been logging my progress or lack there of. LOL I find that my two best sessions of the day are my last session before lunch and my first session after lunch. For me the first couple morning sessions are a good warm up and by days end I am fading physically and mentally, maybe it's time to get fit. hahahaha

this is one of the biggest problems with trackdays.

riders doing endless laps because they feel they are supposed to.

Those sessions you're slowing down, you are burning tire and fuel to learn nothing.

try using the morning to get warmed up, and work on turns/sections you are not completely comfortable with, forget about the lap times, work on sections of the track and check up slightly in other sections so you can prepare for the portions you plan to work on.

Then used the 2 sessions you know you are going to be sorted to put down several fast laps.

Once you've done this, pack it in for the day, you've gone as fast as you're going to go, save the tires, fuel, bike and yourself for another day.

one of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given was to do less laps, but more "GOOD" laps.

If you're not going faster, park it, evaluate the day and figure out what you need to work on the next time.

great advice
    there is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    this is one of the biggest problems with trackdays.

riders doing endless laps because they feel they are supposed to.

Those sessions you're slowing down, you are burning tire and fuel to learn nothing.

try using the morning to get warmed up, and work on turns/sections you are not completely comfortable with, forget about the lap times, work on sections of the track and check up slightly in other sections so you can prepare for the portions you plan to work on.

Then used the 2 sessions you know you are going to be sorted to put down several fast laps.

Once you've done this, pack it in for the day, you've gone as fast as you're going to go, save the tires, fuel, bike and yourself for another day.

one of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given was to do less laps, but more "GOOD" laps.

If you're not going faster, park it, evaluate the day and figure out what you need to work on the next time.
    IM sure it will eventually turn like this, but right now Im having so much fun going round and round all day...Yesterday was 20 min on 20min off from 9-6 with only an hour break and I only missed one session....Then they took a break at 6 and it was open track from 7pm-9pm.....I did lap after lap after lap untill it got dark and they made us stop....

Im sure that will wear off soon, but right now just like any other kind of riding I do I just love to ride hard untill I cant ride anymore...I dont think I improved my times so much, but what I did do is get consistant...Untill my other friends showed up at 6pm no one could catch me, and even when they did I would reel them in and eventually keep infornt after that.....What I needed more then anything IMO was someone faster then me to chase and follow their lines...

so you spent all that time doing lap after lap learning nothing?

This is a waste of resources.

Have you figured out where you're having trouble?

stop and evaluate this and figure out why you have issues in this section and come up with a plan of action that can potentially solve the issue.

Implement that plan, if it works, move on to the next one, if it doesn't try another solution.

Think if it this way.

When you're at work and a customer asks you to manufacture a component.

you do a mockup and test it.

If that mockup doesn't work, do you make 30-40 of them just because its fun to do or do you scrap that idea, make changes until you get what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    so you spent all that time doing lap after lap learning nothing?

This is a waste of resources.

Have you figured out where you're having trouble?

stop and evaluate this and figure out why you have issues in this section and come up with a plan of action that can potentially solve the issue.

Implement that plan, if it works, move on to the next one, if it doesn't try another solution.

Think if it this way.

When you're at work and a customer asks you to manufacture a component.

you do a mockup and test it.

If that mockup doesn't work, do you make 30-40 of them just because its fun to do or do you scrap that idea, make changes until you get what you are looking for?
    Like I said maybe one day it will become business, but right now its still just fun...I know where I need to improve, and I'll work on that but the pace when up when my friends arrived with new energy...Thats whats important to me right now, having fun with my friends...Its just like stunting, we hang out ride, BBQ, ride some more, laugh.....Just at the track not at the spot

However you want to look at it I having fun, and Im not racing yet so I have alot of time to learn.....And alot to learn....

Now for some real business I need to go for a ride down town for an espresso...

damn i miss the track
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    David, first of all...I have a thing for bigger boys, so don't take this the wrong way...but I think the suspension squatted that bike right down, causing you to scrape everything When's your next track day? Common, take that TLR out and show James how it's done!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about 70 pounds lighter than..... But again OUCH. LOL I'm looking at fairings now, I bought some but the guy now doesnt want to ship.

P.S OUCH