SAE 2-pin to cigarette lighter adapter

Thread: SAE 2-pin to cigarette lighter adapter

SAE 2-pin to cigarette lighter adapter

I have a battery tender 2-pin plug attached and strapped to the side of the bike. I also have this cheapo air compressor from the Tire that runs off the cigarette lighter in cars. I usually take it with me on long trips but so far my plan has been that if my tire pressure drops I'll flag down a car so I can use the compressor - not the most comprehensive plan.

I'm wondering if there's a store that sells an adapter that'll let me run this compressor from the bike, using the 2-pin plug. Specifically, the leftmost item in the picture on this page.

It doesn't look too complicated so I can probably hack it together myself, or just order it from the ebay page, but if there's a store in Toronto that sells it for not very much it'll make things easy.

Re: SAE 2-pin to cigarette lighter adapter

Get a cig lighter with cap from CT and hook it to your battery.

I have one in my KLR, its a 12V pickup bed power outlet.

I used velcro and then added 2 tiewraps
    2008 KLR650, blue 21 aka Thumper.
    2010 Can-Am RT aka Bomur.

Re: SAE 2-pin to cigarette lighter adapter

Sayal has this connector. They call it a "2 pin trailer hitch", comes with both the male and female ends connected with a single wire, for about $2.50. You cut the middle of the wire and use whichever end you want. I bought one when I needed an extra battery hookup for a Battery Tender.

Sayal has a store in Mississauga, which may be the closest to you.