New "girl" rider in Ottawa - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New "girl" rider in Ottawa

Re: New "girl" rider in Ottawa

welcome to the site, middens!

welcome!

lookup http://www.gstwin.com for any GS500 issues/concerns
    I’d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

Welcome.

welcome
    $DRAGON$
    (((((Founder)))))

www.powerofmotorcycles.com
    Pics,Vids, and all aspects of motorcycling
    in the GTA and beyond.........

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 3M_TA3 View Post
    welcome!

lookup http://www.gstwin.com for any GS500 issues/concerns
    Great site!! I am loving the wiki too. Although I love the way she looks, a few small modifications might be in order

Hi Middens, here is a link to an Ottawa based forum. Not as much going on as the GTA forum but at least it's local.

http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/index.php?action=forum

I was looking as far as Ottawa for my bike (I'm in Kingston). I was looking for 500cc bikes too either Ninjas or Suzuki GS. Found plenty of Ninjas but not too many GS500's. There were a couple here at James Braden Ford in really nice condition, nearly got one of them but settled on the Ninja as it has slightly better components (check the reviews). The Suzuki does look sweet though and there's not much in it.

I've been to all the dealers in Ottawa that you mentioned as I'm there often, and their gear is hideously overpriced IMO. Buy it all online and save a bundle. Check the forums for the sites or you can shoot me a PM but RidersDiscount (free shipping to Canada) and NewEnough.com are two of the best.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

you could possible also check out Montreal area as well...its not that far of a drive for you...and probably more bikes to pick from as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HunGJaI View Post
    you could possible also check out Montreal area as well...its not that far of a drive for you...and probably more bikes to pick from as well.
    I've actually found myself a bike about an hour and a half northwest of Ottawa. A local shop will be picking it up for me tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    I was looking as far as Ottawa for my bike (I'm in Kingston). I was looking for 500cc bikes too either Ninjas or Suzuki GS. Found plenty of Ninjas but not too many GS500's. There were a couple here at James Braden Ford in really nice condition, nearly got one of them but settled on the Ninja as it has slightly better components (check the reviews). The Suzuki does look sweet though and there's not much in it.

I've been to all the dealers in Ottawa that you mentioned as I'm there often, and their gear is hideously overpriced IMO. Buy it all online and save a bundle. Check the forums for the sites or you can shoot me a PM but RidersDiscount (free shipping to Canada) and NewEnough.com are two of the best.
    I have found they are quite overpriced too. I keep my eye out on the used sites and I've also checked out those two websites. The trouble is it's really hard to tell sizes from those measurements. I've read a lot of reviews that say they don't fit to size! I ended up finding myself a clearout Teknic leather jacket for a decent price so I'm pretty well set now Perhaps a textile in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by middens View Post
    I've actually found myself a bike about an hour and a half northwest of Ottawa. A local shop will be picking it up for me tomorrow
    What did you get? By the way, NewEnough is very accurate with the sizing information that they give and I found the best way to buy online stuff without trying it on first was to read a ton of user reviews on sizing comparing street clothes with the actual items. There's a good deal on some Michael Jordan stuff on NewEnough right now and with the humid weather you might want to look at a mesh jacket. I have one and love it.

Banned

hah. it's more like... technically speaking I am a girl, though I'd like to disassociate myself from some of the assumptions that are made about being a "girl rider". I'm just a new rider... perhaps just a smaller sized one.
    Welcome!

I am a "guy", technically speaking though I'd like to disassociate myself from some of the assumptions that are made about being a "guy"and would like to just be referred to as a robot. not made of metal, and can't transform or anything. but just because I would have rather been a robot..

you know..

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sempire View Post
    Welcome!

I am a "guy", technically speaking though I'd like to disassociate myself from some of the assumptions that are made about being a "guy"and would like to just be referred to as a robot. not made of metal, and can't transform or anything. but just because I would have rather been a robot..

you know..
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.
    Cheers 'n Beers,
    Haz

Pilot, Photographer, Volleyball player and now Rider...
    Current Ride: '09 Suzuki SV650SA ABS
    Free Sempire!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pilothaz View Post
    Welcome.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Well you know.. I am amused...

you are something, but you would rather not seen as that because you don't want to be associated with what you are.

doesn't that sound kinda dumb?

i'm a girl but i don't want to be thought of as a girl.. ok.. you can be a giraffe..

Well you know.. I am amused...

you are something, but you would rather not seen as that because you don't want to be associated with what you are.

doesn't that sound kinda dumb?
    When you put it that way, yes. When you read her reply, no.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    When you put it that way, yes. When you read her reply, no.

no..

her reply still sounds dumb..

Banned

hah. it's more like... technically speaking I am a girl, though I'd like to disassociate myself from some of the assumptions that are made about being a "girl rider". I'm just a new rider... perhaps just a smaller sized one.
    still a girl rider until the operation. nothing can change that.

no..

her reply still sounds dumb..
    Nice welcome to a new member of the forum....

As my mother once said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything...

Howdy! New here and to the sport also...

Once you get a bike, I'm in Muskoka. Just on the other side of the park, we should meet in the middle some time and go for a ride!