What's Up With The Moderators On Here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Up With The Moderators On Here?

Banned

What's Up With The Moderators On Here?

I feel like I'm being treated like a 12 year old on this site sometimes? Anyone else?

They move "Post Of The Year" to a belittling category named "Romper Room." A gem of a post from BlackCrow on how to download a free police scanner to your Blackberry! If this isn't general motorcycle discussion, I don't know what is, as it's the talk of every Timmies right now that I've visited since it was posted!

Yet they leave " Ohh the 70's how I envy thee" in "General Motorcycle Discussion" for two weeks now!? I don't hear any talk about the 70's out on the open road!

So, this extremely valuable post, to every rider, is moved to a belittling category called "Romper Room" from General Discussion where it belongs? Yet, talk about the 70's remains in General Discussion for two weeks now?

I swear this site is out to p*ss off its users, and subsequently, the people that buy from the sponsors. I've heard out in my travels, that they ban at will on here. I've also heard there's a boycott of Suzuki of Newmarket in place for supporting this site which degrades SS bike riders. That's not a sign of good website to end-user relations. And doesn't bode well for Suzuki of Newmarket.

I buy a new GSXR 1000 from Suzuki of Newmarket every year. Go ahead and ban me, or move this post, I dare you. You'll see that sponsor pulled as I pull my $16,000.00 sale they make off of me every year and take it to another dealership.

Paul, your moderators are need of some serious education on how to "moderate!" Start treating your users like men and women, not children that need to be scolded. And a suggestion for off-topic motorcycle discussion, well, instead of berating your users with "Romper Room", why don't you re-name the category "Off Topic?"

Would hate to become a member of the "Boycott Suzuki Of Newmarket" club, but I will. Once the word is out there, the momentum is hard to stop.
    Last edited by Stereo Mic; 07-21-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Re: What's Up With The Moderators On Here?

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo Mic View Post

Would hate to become a member of the "Boycott Suzuki Of Newmarket" club, but I will. Once the word is out there, the momentum is hard to stop.
    I know. SON sucks.

oops too late.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

You need to calm down man. You find "Romper Room" belittleing?

Seems a little over the top to me man. Think of it more like an endearing term.

General Motorcycle Discussion. Got beefs about the site? Don't post here!!
    I feel like I'm being treated like a 12 year old
    Go ahead and ban me, or move this post, I dare you.
    Post moved to Support forum.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

wow... first, I find it hard to believe that you buy a brand new bike every year... second... even if you do, to pull business from a dealer that sponsors this site because a topic was put in the "romper room"... talk about throwing a tantrum... kinda like when a 12 year old holds their breath when they don't get what they want...

aaand even if all that is true and you pull your business from that dealership... i think all in all that makes you look like the fool. Nobody is forcing you to be on the site... so if you don't like the way it's moderated or how the site works then don't come visit it. That choice is yours... but to be making demands about how to run the site... well, I'm sorry to say, but that choice is NOT yours
    1987 Honda CBX 250 - retired
    1984 Suzuki GS450 - retired
    1993 Yamaha XJ600SE - retired
    1999 ZX6R - currently riding

Banned

Wow. Post number 109 was a biggie!!!!

I find the mods are a bit heavy handed, but the issue for them is "to reduce belittling comments" made by grown adults to other grown adults. Oh...and taunting. They dont like taunting....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Post moved to Support forum.
    Hahaha! At least he can still read the thread now
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I kind of agree with the OP that there were some recent threads moved that should not have been in my opinion.

Its Too bad.

I've also heard there's a boycott of Suzuki of Newmarket in place for supporting this site which degrades SS bike riders. That's not a sign of good website to end-user relations. And doesn't bode well for Suzuki of Newmarket.
    I'm pretty sure that the so-called "boycott" you refer to is actually just because they've had nothing but bad reviews. If I hear a hundred people tell me they had a terrible experience at a shop, guess where I'm not going to be taking my business...
    Mikey-D - Ottawa

"And yes, this is a site for people who ride bikes. But we don't ride bikes on this site. You can't ride a bike on the internet. On this site, we WRITE and READ about motorcycles." --Duster929

I don't focus on the PO-lice when I'm riding
    and I don't focus on the moderators when I post.

I'm sure this site, or another suzuki specific site shoud be able to fulfill your online motorcycle needs.

To nit-pick, related to the PO-lice scanner being the topic of conversation in all the Timmies that you visit;
    the moral of the story should be:
    "it's the talk of every Timmies right now that I've visited since it was posted!"
    ~~Stop visiting so many Timmies'!!!

"berating your users with "Romper Room"
    Really, it's free, what's the problem.

Do you have stock options in the website, get over it?!

I don't think your post or the minor changes you suggested do much to change the current outlook of what it is, and my reply is even more useless. Summary: we all suck, and you're a complainer, which sucks the most.
    *gasp*

I've been here for a while. About the only thing to bother me here is some of the newer users who come here and do nothing but ***** & moan about how the run. Wah Wah Wah, it's too communist, boo i got an infraction, i was banned, watch what you say, I don't like the name of the fourms. Wah, Wah, Wah. The rest of us don't seem to have issue as we continue to use & enjoy what has been provided. I'll admit though I do get a laugh out of some of the newer people posts & the responses that ensue.

- read the rules & obey.
    - don't like it, stop reading it.
    - use the ignore function.
    - get over yourself.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

Let's mutiny!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm being treated like a 12 year old on this site sometimes? ....

I buy a new GSXR 1000 from Suzuki of Newmarket every year. Go ahead and ban me, or move this post, I dare you.....

Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. Act like a child, get treated like a child.

Sometimes I get cranky too, so no offence intended..

"The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

I buy a new GSXR 1000 from Suzuki of Newmarket every year.
    That's odd.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    I've been here for a while. About the only thing to bother me here is some of the newer users who come here and do nothing but ***** & moan about how the run. Wah Wah Wah, it's too communist, boo i got an infraction, i was banned, watch what you say, I don't like the name of the fourms. Wah, Wah, Wah. The rest of us don't seem to have issue as we continue to use & enjoy what has been provided. I'll admit though I do get a laugh out of some of the newer people posts & the responses that ensue.

- read the rules & obey.
    - don't like it, stop reading it.
    - use the ignore function.
    - get over yourself.

+ lots

We all did just fine on this site before you, and we'll all do just fine when you're gone.

You are leaving right? You can't stay now that you threatened ooops promised to leave... us little children don't like being lied to.

Buh Bye!!
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

I got an infraction too once....no big deal.

My thread was moved two days ago even though it shouldn't have been IMO....no big deal.

Maybe the whole police scanner issue falls along the lines with the plate flipper......it's a little too taboo?

OMG! A guy who has been here for two months doesn't like stuff?!?!

BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO ACCOMODATE!

I swear this site is out to p*ss off its users, and subsequently, the people that buy from the sponsors. I've heard out in my travels, that they ban at will on here. I've also heard there's a boycott of Suzuki of Newmarket in place for supporting this site which degrades SS bike riders. That's not a sign of good website to end-user relations. And doesn't bode well for Suzuki of Newmarket.

I buy a new GSXR 1000 from Suzuki of Newmarket every year. Go ahead and ban me, or move this post, I dare you. You'll see that sponsor pulled as I pull my $16,000.00 sale they make off of me every year and take it to another dealership.
    Last I heard, S.O.N is the highest volume Suzuki M/C dealer in Ontario, if not the country. Likely S.O.N would miss you just about as much as we would.

I hate to break it to you, but here it is: At Speedy you're a Somebody, but around here, you're **** All!!!!
    Last edited by Paul; 07-21-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: language
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!

[QUOTE=Recidivist;983671]Last I heard, S.O.N is the highest volume Suzuki M/C dealer in Ontario, if not the country. Likely S.O.N would miss you just about as much as we would.

I hate to break it to you, but here it is: At Speedy you're a Somebody, but around here, you're **** All!!!![/QUOTE]

lmao............

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    The rest of us don't seem to have issue as we continue to use & enjoy what has been provided.
    That's right, now sit down and eat your grogg or you'll go straight to your room mister!!