Scarborough ride 2.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Lawrence and Brimley

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scarborough ride 2.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Lawrence and Brimley

Scarborough ride 2.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Lawrence and Brimley

Well folks. Here is the official Scarborough ride 2.0 thread!

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7207235&ref=nf

The old one can be found here (if you are a paid supporting member)

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=83079

The ride starts at the timmies at Lawrence and Brimley. We try and meet up around 1:30 and roll out around 2:15. The ride takes about 3.5 hours and is about 200km total round trip.

The ride is NOOB and M1 friendly. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

We try and ride fast people up front, slow people in the back. We wait up for the slow group at every stop, turn, etc.

After heading out from timmies we do a double run on Twyn Rivers and Old Finch. Then take Hwy #7 east to Brooklin. Stop at timmies there for fuel and food.

Then it's North to Uxbridge. Some amazingly scenic roads on this part, DON'T MISS IT AND BOOK OUT EARLY!

We usually stop for a group shot by a little lake:

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there a ride going on THIS Sunday???
    A: Yes. Weather permitting. Check this site and this site for weather radar. Don't believe the weather report anywhere else.

Q: Can I come?
    A: Yes dammit. Just come. Don't ask. Doesn't matter what you ride (no under 100cc scooters please) or your experience level, GET OUT HERE!

Q: I'm a wimp and only want to do the Scarborough part of the ride, can I do that?
    A: Yes. You can book out after Old Finch / Twyn Rivers or keep with us all the way to Brooklin then head home from there.

Q: I live in Brooklin/Port Perry/Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering/Bowmanville/Courtice and just want to do the Durham part of the route. How do I do that?
    A: Meet us at the Timmies in Brooklin (the real brooklin, not the fake one), corner of Hwy #7 and Hwy #12 (that's Baldwin St. and Winchester Rd.) around 3:45.

Q: I'm a girl and I'm shy about rolling up to that group by myself.
    A: PM me and we'll meet at STC or something and roll in together.

Q: Can I please have a google route map of the Scarb and Durham routes?
    A: Send me a PM and I'll give em to ya.

Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).

Can't wait to see ya out on the ride.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 07-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Re: Scarborough ride 2.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Lawrence and Brimley

Someone with access to the old thread should add all of the pictures people took to the facebook group

didnt even know there was a group

Quote Originally Posted by Demonaz View Post
    Someone with access to the old thread should add all of the pictures people took to the facebook group
    Good idea. I'll do that later on today.

Please keep the chatter about the old thread to a minimum, and keep on topic to this group ride coming up next Sunday please.

Don't need this one in the trash too.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

R.I.P Old thread.

Probably wont see you guys for a while on this ride... I'm doing a Westend Ride next weekend and also my weekends are filling up.

BTW - was last weekend the largest group on this ride?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vrus View Post
    didnt even know there was a group
    Can you believe that..!!! i didnt know either...

If it's noob friendly, I think i'll join you guys next sunday if the weather is good!
    "A Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins with a Single Rev" - Confucius (Edited )

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    R.I.P Old thread.

Probably wont see you guys for a while on this ride... I'm doing a Westend Ride next weekend and also my weekends are filling up.

BTW - was last weekend the largest group on this ride?
    nope we had 42 about month ago but this one ranked up there

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    If it's noob friendly, I think i'll join you guys next sunday if the weather is good!
    yep, my advice is to just stay at the back till you get comfortable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vrus View Post
    yep, my advice is to just stay at the back till you get comfortable enough.
    Right on, appreciate the tip!
    "A Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins with a Single Rev" - Confucius (Edited )

That photo is awesome. Lots of riders. I've been planning to go out but family stuff comes up.

Do you have any ride rules, other than fast riders up front, slow in the back (I'll be in the back)? Staggered riding, for example? Tail gunner?

bye bye old thread...... Welcome new one....hope you get to 100 pages soon on this one guys.
    $DRAGON$
    (((((Founder)))))

www.powerofmotorcycles.com
    Pics,Vids, and all aspects of motorcycling
    in the GTA and beyond.........

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBoy View Post
    That photo is awesome. Lots of riders. I've been planning to go out but family stuff comes up.

Do you have any ride rules, other than fast riders up front, slow in the back (I'll be in the back)? Staggered riding, for example? Tail gunner?
    yeah, that seemed to be it. Make sure you read up on the Group Riding Sticky.

Last ride was my first ride with the group. I hope I can join you next Sunday.

Cheers

Whoo Hooo...
    New thread, bye bye old one. Hope this time we'll have some new luck! Hopefully no more riders going down! See you all this sunday.
    no.one.on.the.corner.has.swagger.like.us.

All pics have been posted on FaceBook group. Get on there peeps!

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by decepticon_R6 View Post
    Hopefully no more riders going down!
    ??? ... we didn't have anyone down for the last 2 months i think... anyways... we can talk at AYCE tomorrow..!!!

the last ride was my first time, and i loved it
    people are great and friendly
    im sure to come back next weekend
    and the sweeper were perfect, they helped alot to keep the group together

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by speedster118 View Post
    the last ride was my first time, and i loved it
    people are great and friendly
    im sure to come back next weekend
    and the sweeper were perfect, they helped alot to keep the group together

and is getting better, better and better...!!!

how about that... (for those who thought scarborough thread go down)...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    All pics have been posted on FaceBook group. Get on there peeps!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough Rides Facebook page Top Secret ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.