04 636 stunt

Thread: 04 636 stunt

04 636 stunt setup

hey guys... how's it goin? looking for some input on the setup. this is what I'm considering at the moment

Hohey 636 triple
    Vortex Clipons
    Tygershark apex stunt cage
    Powers Sub Cage
    Powers 12 Bar
    Sprocket & Chain(need recommendations)

-Is it worth spending the extra money for the dual caliper handbrake setup??

Hohey offers a good package on there website for a magura 13mm 190 with stainless line, dual caliper adapter for the stock 636 caliper or can go to a 4 piston bracket for about $40 more(requireing F4i, 929, or 954 caliper). I hear alot of guys say this is a way better setup then going with the brembo. I also need to get into a sprocket setup so anyone that has recommendations I would appreciate that. I want to get into the technical stunts(slow). The bike will be stunt only and trailered to the spot.
    Last edited by RecKLeSS 600; 07-19-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Re: 04 636 stunt

First off you don't need the first two tthings..... You turn and flip the stock clip ons...... They feel like **** for the first time but once you get used to it they are the ****..... The vortex ones bend easy that what i was told by J.P....... I have 20 up in the back... takes a while to get used too.... You don't need a handbrake to start stunting. Start with basic stuff and add the bling when needed....

Yeah what he said, buy what you need first not the extras.....Unless your loaded then buy everything an some spares...

Personally Id get a TS cage, SI subcage and round bar, HoHey rear set brackets, ESD stunt pegs F/R, and some sprockets...

You might want to add a MSR Raptor Pro clutch lever (or something simular).
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

If you are going full fairingna j.p stay. Buy that instead of the triple........ without that **** all the nice stuff won't look so nice.

hey, thanks for the suggestions guys... I was thinking that more is better at first, but it sounds like that's not the way to do it. SI subcage looks pretty sweet and it's quite a bit cheaper then the powers. Definitly the way to go. I'm going to fork out the money for the TS cage, but why the round bar over the 12 bar, any reason other then preference for that. If I go to a 60 sprocket what chain size do I need? thanks again