Ted at Rosey Toes :) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ted at Rosey Toes :)

Re: Ted at Rosey Toes :)

Ted's no crook, take that back. You should be able to look over your own bike and know if the lights work or not. A safety is just a piece of paper to let you transfer the bike, it has little to do with whether it is safe or not.

+1 for Ted.

The safety system here is flawed as hell. One of the cars that I bought passed safety even though it had a gas tank leak as I found out as soon as I filled it up past the seam. That's why I don't lay much hope in that piece of paper.
    With that being said, Ted looked over my bike pretty well and after giving me the paper he also told me that I'd certainly need to replace the rear tire within 2000km, the pads were on their way out but that they should last me the season and that the chain won't last me more than half the season. He was dead on, on all 3 counts. The only safety issue that he didn't catch was the brake pedal light switch that died on me 2 seasons later, but I don't think it would be fair to blame him for that
    In all his other dealings with me he has been honest to the point of generosity. The community will be a lot poorer once he retires, jumps on that old BMW and rides off into the Florida sunset.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    The safety system here is flawed as hell. One of the cars that I bought passed safety even though it had a gas tank leak as I found out as soon as I filled it up past the seam. That's why I don't lay much hope in that piece of paper.
    Not sure but in all the safety I've had done,I can't for the life of me remember a Gas tank section.

But you're right,It's flawed
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    Am I the lone person who thinks Ted is a crook? He safetied a bike that I bought even though lights didn't work etc. When I brought it to him and pointed out the obvious problems with the bike, he shrugged his shoulders.

IMO he sells safety certificates as he didn't even bother to check the bike over completely.

He is the last person in Toronto I would trust my bike to for repairs.
    Yep youre the only one. Did he mention it to you at all? Or was it saftied by the previous owner before you got it? Because my bike has switchable headlights, and he noticed it right off. If the previous owner got it saftied, he probably lied to Ted and said he was keeping the bike... If you got it saftied, i have no idea. He went over my bike really well, even synced my carbs right there before the saftey, for free, and pointed out other areas that might be a problem in the future.

*edit* and i think for car safties, one of the items includes gas tank pressurization. So if the gas tank had a hole in it, it wouldnt pass that part. It might be for emissions though, but im pretty sure its also part of the safety cert.

I had my bike safety done there and I told Ted my situation that I needed it done so I could get the ownership switched over and plates issued. Once I got that done I was able to get the work done that was borderline. Ted could have turned me down and told me to fix it but he took sympathy on me and made my life much, much, easier.

I'm still +1 for Ted
    ~Get busy living or get busy dying~

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Quote Originally Posted by aircav View Post
    Gixxers tend to get grumpy and go on a work to rule program.
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    what if your a Blind dyslexic ?

and do they have braille in different languages, or is it universal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    Not sure but in all the safety I've had done,I can't for the life of me remember a Gas tank section.

But you're right,It's flawed
    (11) The fuel system shall have,
    (a) all required mountings and attachments secured;
    (b) all required filler caps secured;
    (c) no leakage; and
    (d) fuel lines properly routed so as to not pose a potential safety hazard.

http://www.search.e-laws.gov.on.ca/e...ame-body/#BK10
    STIG 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORE View Post
    +1 Ted... I went there for a safety.
    Stand up guy honest and great prices... Can't find that anywhere in toronto.
    +1!!!! He is so kind to explain things to me as a fairly new female rider & his work is thorough!!