Ted at Rosey Toes :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted at Rosey Toes :)

Ted at Rosey Toes :)

Since I lowered my bike, my kickstand was too high. And last week my kickstand couldn't hold my bike and my clutch lever broke.
    I went to a welder who was able to bend my kickstand but I didn't know that Rosey Toes was just a couple of shops down. I didn't make an appointment and wasn't sure if they would have a clutch lever that would fit (87 CBR 250).

I was really tired and heat exhausted so they let me sit down for a bit in their shop and drink iced tea from the vending machine. Ted was really nice and joked around. I also helped out too (once I felt better) and asked a lot of questions. I was lucky that he had a part that was a close match. He nicknamed me "ninja girl" cause of my back protector it made me look like a ninja turtle. Ha ha ha I was very comfortable there.

He did a lot more than just fix my clutch lever...he checked my tires, straightened my steering, checked oil, lubed the chain, adjusted my idle...there's probably more that I'm forgetting. And this was all at a very low price (IMO).

This is his address:
    Rosey Toes Motorcycles INC.
    131 Wendell Ave.
    Unit #1
    416-241-2523

It's good to call ahead if you plan to go in the morning...cause I heard that he shows up when he wants to.
    Last edited by Saitou^.~; 07-18-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Re: Ted at Rosey Toes :)

Ted's a real character and a great guy to deal with.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

What, youre too good for the couch in the laneway? haha.

Anyway, teds great, i went there for a cert and he went above and beyond (as usual). My bike was running like crap when i brought it there, so he proceeds to go to town tuning it up... and then does the cert. All while changing a tire, doing an oil change, talking on the phone, and doing some paper work.. A true multitasker

In the end too he only charged me for the cert even though i offered to pay him for all the extra stuff.

awesome shop.
    $DRAGON$
    (((((Founder)))))

www.powerofmotorcycles.com
    Pics,Vids, and all aspects of motorcycling
    in the GTA and beyond.........

Fantastic shop, must agree with all the posts above! Ted is an honest, straightforward and trustworthy mechanic. A tough find these days!

Ted is a Legend.

I have had numerous jobs done by him over the years, I wish I lived closer so I could have done more, always a great experience!

He will be my only mechanic from now on. I just got my bike back from getting a safety at another shop (which took two weeks) and then I accidentally ran down the brand new battery by leaving the key in the wrong position.... Anyways, couldnt start it no matter how long it sat on the charge....

I call Ted and he says to bring it by and they can take a look.... One crank of the engine they know exactly what the problem is. They proceed to tear it down and before you know it, the bike is up and running....

Big thumbs up for Rosey Toes....

i don't know, i called him up and he quoted me 1.5 hours for changing spark plugs. At the 60/hour rate i chose to do it myself. I was done in an hour (no experience etc..).

I guess simple jobs are expensive, but still...

Ted is just awesome. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to him that when I mess up my bike from trying to fix it myself, I just push it 5 mins down the street to his shop.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkey View Post
    i don't know, i called him up and he quoted me 1.5 hours for changing spark plugs. At the 60/hour rate i chose to do it myself. I was done in an hour (no experience etc..).

I guess simple jobs are expensive, but still...

I doubt he would charge you more than its worth. And sometimes his times are just how long he needs to get it done, not how long the job takes.

Since he does a million things at once a simple job sometimes takes a while epecially with walk ins like the OP. He'll stop working on a dropped off bike to help someone who pulls in if he thinks he can do it quick. Even if you just need advice he'll stop to tell you all you need to know.

I live about 70 kms away from him. I use him to change my tires, chain and spockets. (with almost 80,000 km in the last three years I'm on my 5th rear tire and third front, and third chain and sprocket set.)

It always blows me away that I can pull up with my bike and he'll pull whatever is on the hoist off and take care of me right away.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

Another vote for Ted.

Pulled in with my ninja this spring, it was my first ride of the year and I needed it certified. He did a pretty thorough job lubing adjusting my chain, setting tire pressure. He found one signal wasnt working so he lent me tools and I fixed it out in the lane and then he cert'd it with no extra charge.

He also certified my WR450 quickly and pain-lessly when my local shop wanted to report it to the MTO and get my plate revoked.

Kevin

+1 for Ted. Althought the shop is a bit run down he knows bikes. He also did a few extras on my bike aside from safety. Very fair prices. Although I'd like to see him take a bit more time changing tires. No one likes their rims scratched. All in all he's great. And the jokes and farts are endless. hahahaha

A+.

Had him do my cert, great experiance.

Ted is like the "Wheelers" of Toronto.

Ted gets my thumbs up.. burp!!
    Welcome to Squid city.. the Poserland, home of chickenstrip riders... TEE-DOT!!
    We Lean Low. while you pose straight. GOT IT? GOOD!!

Was heading out for a ride and my bike wouldn't start, was making wierd noises. Tried couple times, called some friends and they recommended I call Rosey Toes since I live 5 mins from his shop. Called at 8pm, website said shop hours was until 7 only. Ted picked up right away; I told him the situation and the bike I had, he asked where I lived and said he would come to my house to have a look at it. Ted showed up, battery died, got cables and he pushed it for a bit and somehow got it running!

He also noticed I was low on gas and that my tail light wasn't working so he told me to grab my stuff and follow him to the gas station and he'll follow me back home, asked me if I could drop by the shop in the morning so he can fix my light, didnt want me out too late since it was dangerous. I couldn't because I work full time, so he said follow him to the shop and he'll fix it right away. Ted even filled up my gas tank for me and told me to only use premium (which I already knew), reset my trip odometer so I keep an eye out when to change it and started my bike while I went to pay.

Followed him to the shop, got the tail light fixed, he checked everything as well to make sure the bike was in good condition and reassured me everything was perfect. We left the shop, he followed me for a bit to make sure everything was ok, gave me some pointers about riding (I'm still pretty new) and then both rode our separate ways.

Ted is AWESOME!!! Told him I would see him for my maintance check again and he said to drop by, no appt needed, no phone call in advance required. I will def only go to him from now on and recommend him to anyone who lives in the area.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
    "Live each day as if it were your last, and then some day you'll be right."

Ted Rocks!!!
    I called him last week to see if he had a replacement part - he did not have it but sent me on the right track to a company who welds aluminum. Thank godness for people like Ted

He is an awesome guy.
    I went to his shop lots of time.
    He had lots of parts for old bikes.
    Highly recommended
    1983 CB750SC Nighthawk
    1984 CB750SC Nighthawk
    1985 GoldWing

Went to get a safety inspection done by Ted today. Awesome guy. Great service - answered all my questions about the bike and even lubed the chain for me.

Recommended.