Caribana weekend!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribana weekend!!!

Re: Caribana weekend!!!

Carabana is August 1st but the friday night before Yonge st is packed with people just getting out.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Banned

Really. If enough people are down to go, Ill come by to check it out and sit in traffic watching my bike overheat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by needabike View Post
    well when is it? Im in kitchener but id be down to check it out
    for those who do not know
    check this

the big day is sat aug 1st, there is usually a parade that runs on lakeshore in the morning from like 9 till 2-3pm (correct me if im wrong), with all types of human beings, it dont matter what race and colour you are, everybody is welcome, big trucks with people partying around them, playing music down the street, ok.
    now people start to pour in from all parts of this earth, from like thursday, but mainly friday all day, friday night the most, since some have a long drive from texas, california, florida, georgia, philly, new jersey, montreal, ottawa, kitchener, NEW YORK, just to name a few, and then the islands.
    so all these people migrate to downtown T.O. (Yonge St) all night friday till the sun comes out and the police form a big barrier and tell people to go home now, so now its saturday morning and im tired and went home to sleep and always miss the parade, but i plan to be there this time(so i go home like 3am this time), anyways people drive and ride up and down yonge st between bloor and front st all day and night friday and saturday, pull over grab a drink and try to make friends, if you know what i mean, not to mention there will be a lot of artists and actors and sports players joining the fun in town this weekend walking freely. music would be reggae, hip hop, soca, r&b,chutney, all types of music, plus they perform on the trucks in the parade and they appear in clubs and concerts all weekend, so use google to the best of your knowledge.
    hotels are gonna be booked mostly full, so enjoy.
    to be continued.......

Banned

Sounds good. Too bad my friends dont have bikes

Banned

there is usually tons of police, i mean police from everywhere, at least 80% of toronto police, brampton, miss, oakville, st catherines, hamilton,oshawa, undercovers in the crowd, so watch out.
    to be continued.........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by needabike View Post
    Sounds good. Too bad my friends dont have bikes

they could come in their car, im going with my bike and my car(wife drive and park) car have whatever i need. bring your peeps.
    to be continued.........

Banned

give more info...
    still waiting on location

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=84007314737

DE BIKER BOYZ BLOCKO 6
    The 6th Annual TORONTO-LIME.com & Mr PlayHouse Appreciation & Pre-CARIBANA Block Party

ADMISSION IS FREE!

featuring...
    * Hundreds of Motorcyclists from the GTA
    * Bikini Bike Wash
    * Stunt Show
    * Toronto's Tuffest DJ Line-Up
    * Food & Drinks on Sale
    * Raffles and Giveaways
    * All hosted by MR PLAYHOUSE

Toronto's Best SOCA, REGGAE & HIP-HOP DJ's carded for this event include...
    - Dr JAY (3-Time Int'l Soca DJ of the Year, FLOW 93.5FM Sundays 6-9pm)
    - JESTER (2009 Stylus Soca DJ of the Year, Worldwide 89.5FM Thursdays 6-9am)
    - SOCA SWEETNESS (Canada's Most Requested)
    - DJ CHIEF (The Chief Rocker, Worldwide Thursdays 6-9am)
    - D'BANDIT (Carnival Nationz, Redemption)
    - MARXMAN (X Marks the Spot, from the KOS)- RENEGADE SQUAD (Reggae Cafe, Blueberry Bashment)
    - B.A.S.S. (Island Breeze 89.5FM Fridays 6-8pm)
    - D.O.C. (Island Explosion 105.5FM)
    - D'ENFORCAS (Nostalgia)
    - KOLD FUSION
    - DJ REVZ (Toronto's Finest Female DJ)
    - SIR PHILLIPS (from the KOS)

MC's include...
    - S.K.F. (The Undisputed Champ)
    - DIRTY DEZ (from the KOS)

Proceed go to assisting the Carnival Nationz Mas Camp for their 2009 CARIBANA presentation.
    Last edited by dumbdrinker; 07-22-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Banned

use these 2 links to find out what party you wanna attend, i prefer fetenet.com

http://www.toronto-lime.com/index.htm

check page 1 2 3
    http://www.fetenet.com/newsevents1.t...x=20&startAt=1

i copied and paste some info i found below, or just check caribana.com

• Every summer, Toronto (Canada) blazes with the excitement of calypso, steel pan and elaborate masquerade costumes during the annual Toronto Caribbean Carnival (Caribana) Festival.
      Toronto Caribbean Carnival (Caribana), celebrates its 42nd anniversary in 2009, it is the largest Caribbean festival in North America. Presented by the Festival Management Committee, the three-week Festival attracts over a million participants annually, including hundreds of thousands of American tourists.
      Among the highlights is the Parade, one of the largest in North America. Thousands of brilliantly costumed masqueraders and dozens of trucks carrying live soca, calypso, steel pan, reggae and salsa artists jam the 1.5 km parade route all day, to the delight of hundreds of thousands of onlookers.
      Caribana was created in 1967 as a community heritage project for Canada's Centennial year. Based on Trinidad Carnival, the Festival now also includes the music, dance, food and costumes of Jamaica, Guyana, the Bahamas, Brazil and other cultures represented in Toronto - the world's most culturally diverse city.

to be continued.........
    Last edited by dumbdrinker; 07-21-2009 at 01:48 PM.

finally the biker blocko is here last week i went to jamal magloire mass camp on my bike n everyone was asking me when is the bike blocko i will be there.

i want to go to yonge street the friday night i find the friday is better then the sat n i want to go to the parade the sat morning i never missed the parade yet since i moved from ny so im on a hot streak right now...and last year i found the saturday night to be pretty boring so if i have enough energy by sat night i will probably go out there again...last year i had a hotel downtown which was really good, got alot of rest in between all the events i attended to

Banned

What is this biker blocko?

Banned

Dude looks sick. Ill probably ride down for that, that food looks good

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    but I'm enjoying myself less and less each year because the girls keep getting younger and stupider.
    Ever think you are getting older and smarter?

I was at club tobago last week, as my warm up for the caribana jams... I felt the same way.

Hope this strike ends so they can clean up that garbage on lakeshore...

Quote Originally Posted by ZcGold View Post
    That video is jokes

yeah i was dying lol

Quote Originally Posted by stank killa View Post
    Ever think you are getting older and smarter?

I was at club tobago last week, as my warm up for the caribana jams... I felt the same way.

Hope this strike ends so they can clean up that garbage on lakeshore...

yeah 2 years ago we brought out score cards n was judging girls as we walked up n down the yonge strip...2 years ago wasn't a long time ago but i would never do that again n i member the cops wanted to take our score cards away from us lol..

You guys should end the ride at J'ouvert, so you watch the crowd get sprayed with a tanker. Cross your fingers for the white tees. Bring lots of paint and powder too loll.

Quote Originally Posted by NP6000 View Post
    You guys should end the ride at J'ouvert, so you watch the crowd get sprayed with a tanker. Cross your fingers for the white tees. Bring lots of paint and powder too loll.
    that was at plazzo last year right? where is it this year??

Yeah palazzo last yeat. Its at embers this year which is much smaller. Hopefully its not as packed. There also a ton of other stuff going on downtown, but i have a feeling its gonna be real stink in the core...

Quote Originally Posted by NP6000 View Post
    Yeah palazzo last yeat. Its at embers this year which is much smaller. Hopefully its not as packed. There also a ton of other stuff going on downtown, but i have a feeling its gonna be real stink in the core...
    yeah embers parking lot is small but i only seen it rammed with cars so maybe when its empty it will be big enough the inside is pretty big though never seen it fully packed only half way but it gets really hot and nasty in that place but it should still be good
    Last edited by OUTLAW; 07-22-2009 at 12:43 PM.