moto trials? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moto trials?

Re: moto trials?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    So yes the trails skills would help him become a great stunt rider, but thats not what you said...You said he would "put to shame 99.9% of "stunters"......Thats quite different then what your saying now.....Its a bold statement, that I dont think holds any weight without seeing this guy ride a sportbike....
    yea i said that because i think that most stunters or at least people that try to stunt are not very skilled and im not talking about you or your crew

ive been to a few stunt shows and it's mostly wheelie, stoppie, drift and all over again

i watched some videos of AC at the world championship he is very good indeed, plus you said it yourself he went from trials to stunting and achieved success. do you know anyone that has gone and done it in reverse?
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgY View Post
    yea i said that because i think that most stunters or at least people that try to stunt are not very skilled and im not talking about you or your crew

ive been to a few stunt shows and it's mostly wheelie, stoppie, drift and all over again

i watched some videos of AC at the world championship he is very good indeed, plus you said it yourself he went from trials to stunting and achieved success. do you know anyone that has gone and done it in reverse?
    Ive been to a few road races and all I see it lap after lap

Ive been to MX races and freestyle and its jump after jump

blah blah blah its the same in every sport, if you dont do it yourself then you probably wont appreciate what its really all about...Id be bored watching it too, but guess what its alot more fun when your doing it.....LOL

I dont really understand what it matters if anyone has gone from stunting to trails?

You really seem to be trying to put stunt riding down, why dont you just not do it? And enjoy whatever kind of riding it is that you like...You cant win in a debate about different kinds of riding, you do what you like and thats all....No point in trying to convince people that what you like is the be all end all of riding....Different people enjoy doing different things, the lucky ones get to do a few of them....Im starting to track ride myself......Would love to do MX or trails but thats a whole new $$$$$ pit in itself...And I just cant afford to do them all...

You will find posers in every sport....

Alot of people used to tell me I should try the track, I was just as fast or faster then some of those people on my first time out....I just never put myself on the proper machine, and in the right environment to ride like that...I surprized myself....

Basically I think if I put the time, money, and effort into MX, racing, trails, whatever..... Id be pretty good at all of them......So would almost anyone with the same effort/investment....

Those aren't real stunters though, the guy on a GSXR 1000 bouncing his **** up on the 401 isn't a real stunter.

I think I'd quite like to watch a few sportsbikes do some jumps or balance on an industrial air-con unit 8 feet up in the air myself. It's very entertaining stuff actually but I think it's a little more versatile because of the lighter bikes. I've seen some ridiculous things done on trials bikes like 180 turns in a space about 3ft wide with walls on three sides...nuts. And if you can go from BMX to a trials bike I don't see how skilled people couldn't deal with another upgrade to sports bikes but because of the limitations with no jumps etc I see why they might not do that, the trials bikes are just more nimble.

well correct me if i'm wrong, but stunting is all about control (throtle, brake, etc.) and balance/spacial awareness (mostly at lower speed), isn't it?

trails riders got those two things down to a science it seems to me

sure they would have to adjust to the weight of the bike, but look at the crap that they pull off..wheelies, stoppies, jumps

don't forget that most of them have been at it for 20+ years. Dougie Lampkin for example has been doing it since before he was a teenager and on top of that he was born into a family of trails riders (father and uncle who were also champions btw). when do most guys start to stunt? late teens? 20s? it's just too late imo to become trully "natural" unless you are very, very gifted to begin with

why he isn't doing stunting? i don't know..trials could be considered more prestigious and probably a lot better paid. stunting is also a very cultural thing

motogp is completely different, you know this Johnny

im not trying to start a fight over here, but i'm just saying that the skills that trial riders have are on a whole different level
    And stunt riders dont have those things down to a science???

You would think that a sport bike stunt rider wouldn't have much trouble changing over to a bike that was designed to do these things.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    And stunt riders dont have those things down to a science???

You would think that a sport bike stunt rider wouldn't have much trouble changing over to a bike that was designed to do these things.
    I guess it depends, cause I had half the people thinking I would do really well on the track, and then I had other people thinking Id suck...

I adapted to it very fast, all I needed was to actually try it...I have the skills, just never used them.....

I think I would do well in any form of riding if I put in the time/effort, because I simply love to ride the **** out of any bike...

I guess it depends, cause I had half the people thinking I would do really well on the track, and then I had other people thinking Id suck...

I adapted to it very fast, all I needed was to actually try it...I have the skills, just never used them.....

I think I would do well in any form of riding if I put in the time/effort, because I simply love to ride the **** out of any bike...
    You seem to have throttle + brake control down as well as balance on a big bike.

I don't see any reason that you couldn't do the same thing on a bike better suited to your riding style.
    I guarantee you could throw a trials bike around on the flat stuff after 20 min like you had been riding it for years. The high stuff would take you a while......but your still ahead of the game over most people.

I think a lot of it is confidence. I used to throw around a light trials bike like anything when I was younger and thought my bones were made of rubber. Stood on the seat while the bike was moving, made ramps and jumped the thing, skidded it around sand and gravel, dropped it, fell off it...didn't care.

Now I'm older and Advil is my best friend and I have to actually get up for work in the morning I think long and hard before doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    I think a lot of it is confidence. I used to throw around a light trials bike like anything when I was younger and thought my bones were made of rubber. Stood on the seat while the bike was moving, made ramps and jumped the thing, skidded it around sand and gravel, dropped it, fell off it...didn't care.

Now I'm older and Advil is my best friend and I have to actually get up for work in the morning I think long and hard before doing things.
    Im 27 but still havent grown up....LOL Im generally more aggressive then others when it comes to riding...I take chances other people arent willing to take, or like you say I just do something then think about it later...

Im 27 but still havent grown up....LOL Im generally more aggressive then others when it comes to riding...I take chances other people arent willing to take, or like you say I just do something then think about it later...
    I'm a little bit older than 27...still a big kid...and I still want to do the things I said...I just have to think a bit harder about it now. I've actually bust more bones than I should have because of it. Oh to be younger again.

I've actually been thinking about getting a dirt bike...but that's going to be a harder sell to the wifey as opposed to "I need a sportbike as a commuter because we can't afford a second car".