moto trials?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moto trials?

moto trials?

anybody do this in GTA? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd4zta30zNw&NR=1 looks insane!

Re: moto trials?

I doubt there are trialers in Ontario with "those" skills.But there are lots of world class riders as good as the rider in the vid.Trials is prolly the best way to learn total motorcycle control.
    If you liked that vid,you'll love this one of Dougie Lampkin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDi13...eature=channel
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

ride downtown toronto in gridlock...just ride over cars.

Jordon Szoke is a pretty good trials rider... he competes in the Expert class when he has free time.

Best rider I've seen in Ontario is Dan Johnson. But he disappeared from trials a few years ago.

My brother can pretty much match the first video.. though he is a former canadian trials champion.

There is some old trials stuff in his stunt reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPuFwMfjlBQ

I cant even get past how he just stands on the bike without falling over when he is stopped.. thats crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by HERBXX View Post
    My brother can pretty much match the first video.. though he is a former canadian trials champion.

There is some old trials stuff in his stunt reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPuFwMfjlBQ
    haha nice i like the 180, i can barley get a 360 on a bmx.

Quote Originally Posted by Snotrocket View Post
    I cant even get past how he just stands on the bike without falling over when he is stopped.. thats crazy....

He used to stall the bike on purpose up on top of those pyramids , then flick the kick starter out with one hand and then restart it , feet still on the pegs.

Last edited by skip; 07-18-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

what size motor and how much fuel is in those trial dirt bikes? they look so compact!!! haha if you got the skills you can stunt anywhere in GTA and the cops can't catch you LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
    what size motor and how much fuel is in those trial dirt bikes? they look so compact!!! haha if you got the skills you can stunt anywhere in GTA and the cops can't catch you LOL.
    They are mostly 250cc,about 165lb and carry about 2l of premix.The most fun you can have on two wheels!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

trail tours does lessons,if you're interested.
    I know I would be with more experience & a bit of money to spend.

http://www.trailtour.com/need_to_know.html#tours

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
    anybody do this in GTA? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd4zta30zNw&NR=1 looks insane!
    i think this guy would put to shame 99.9% of "stunters" out there
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgY View Post
    i think this guy would put to shame 99.9% of "stunters" out there
    Dont think so bud, just cause you can ride one discipline doesnt make you an instant stunt rider....He can probably learn faster then your average, but I doubt he would be pulling off the tricks that have take us years to learn in minutes, just because hes an amazing trials rider...

Or maybe Im wrong and that guy can ride better then anyone in any form of riding, he just doenst want to win Moto GP, AMA, StuntWars, The X games, etc etc...

BTW a sportbike stunter is working with a 500lb+ machine, not a 200lb trials bike....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 07-27-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Dont think so bud, just cause you can ride one discipline doesnt make you an instant stunt rider....He can probably learn faster then your average, but I doubt he would be pulling off the tricks that have take us years to learn in minutes, just because hes an amazing trials rider...

Or maybe Im wrong and that guy can ride better then anyone in any form of riding, he just doenst want to win Moto GP, AMA, StuntWars, The X games, etc etc...

BTW a sportbike stunter is working with a 500lb+ machine, not a 200lb trials bike....
    well correct me if i'm wrong, but stunting is all about control (throtle, brake, etc.) and balance/spacial awareness (mostly at lower speed), isn't it?

trails riders got those two things down to a science it seems to me

sure they would have to adjust to the weight of the bike, but look at the crap that they pull off..wheelies, stoppies, jumps

don't forget that most of them have been at it for 20+ years. Dougie Lampkin for example has been doing it since before he was a teenager and on top of that he was born into a family of trails riders (father and uncle who were also champions btw). when do most guys start to stunt? late teens? 20s? it's just too late imo to become trully "natural" unless you are very, very gifted to begin with

why he isn't doing stunting? i don't know..trials could be considered more prestigious and probably a lot better paid. stunting is also a very cultural thing

motogp is completely different, you know this Johnny

im not trying to start a fight over here, but i'm just saying that the skills that trial riders have are on a whole different level
    Last edited by georgy; 07-27-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

this is pretty amazing as well:
    http://vimeo.com/3610861

didn't even know people on bicycles could do that
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

well correct me if i'm wrong, but stunting is all about control (throtle, brake, etc.) and balance/spacial awareness (mostly at lower speed), isn't it?

trails riders got those two things down to a science it seems to me

sure they would have to adjust to the weight of the bike, but look at the crap that they pull off..wheelies, stoppies, jumps

don't forget that most of them have been at it for 20+ years. Dougie Lampkin for example has been doing it since before he was a teenager and on top of that he was born into a family of trails riders (father and uncle who were also champions btw). when do most guys start to stunt? late teens? 20s? it's just too late imo to become trully "natural" unless you are very, very gifted to begin with

im not trying to start a fight over here, but i'm just saying that the skills that trial riders have are on a whole different level
    LOL Think whatever you want, I know the difference between different bikes and what it takes to get used to them....Like I said he would probably learn alot faster then your average and be really good at it with practice, because he has amazing trials skills...However theres a big difference between doing wheelies and stoppies on a sport bike then trials bike, and you cant just do wahtever you want on any bike because you can ride the **** out of your own bike....

his skills are on a whole different level, but they are also different skills! Now if he can hop on any 500lb sport bike setup for stunting, and rock the same moves he is on that 200lb trails bike...Then I'll STFU.....

What makes me laugh is you probably think that he can do what we can easily because hes a trails rider, but we cant do what he can right? Cause were stunters, and stunters stunt because thats all they can do...And its always the people that have never even tried stunting, that think its soo easy...LOL......

Look at people like AC Farias and Christian Phifer, who were professional trials riders but now stunt ride for a living....Im sure if you asked them, they will tell you its quite different....Both of them have busted out the trails bike during thier stunt shows, and the style is different between the 2 bikes...Their just different!

Would trials skills help in stunting, for sure! But it wont make you an instant stunter....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 07-27-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    LOL Think whatever you want, I know the difference between different bikes and what it takes to get used to them....Like I said he would probably learn alot faster then your average and be really good at it with practice, because he has amazing trials skills...However theres a big difference between doing wheelies and stoppies on a sport bike then trials bike, and you cant just do wahtever you want on any bike because you can ride the **** out of your own bike....

his skills are on a whole different level, but they are also different skills! Now if he can hop on any 500lb sport bike setup for stunting, and rock the same moves he is on that 200lb trails bike...Then I'll STFU.....

What makes me laugh is you probably think that he can do what we can easily because hes a trails rider, but we cant do what he can right? Cause were stunters, and stunters stunt because thats all they can do...And its always the people that have never even tried stunting, that think its soo easy...LOL......

Look at people like AC Farias and Christian Phifer, who were professional trials riders but now stunt ride for a living....Im sure if you asked them, they will tell you its quite different....Both of them have busted out the trails bike during thier stunt shows, and the style is different between the 2 bikes...Their just different!

Would trials skills help in stunting, for sure! But it wont make you an instant stunter....
    no need to get angry
    i have my opinion and you have yours. all that i'm saying is that i think you can apply trials riding to stunting very easily, but i'm yet to hear of anyone going the reverse way. have you?

obviously he can't just hop on a whole different type of bike and be an instant star..but think about it like going from GP125 to GP250 to MotoGP
    it's a natural progression that most racers who start as kids take

i know how hard stunting is from my limited personal experience and i've never tried a trials bike. i don't want to take anything away from you at all..there is also the other 0.01% of stunters
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

no need to get angry
    i have my opinion and you have yours. all that i'm saying is that i think you can apply trials riding to stunting very easily, but i'm yet to hear of anyone going the reverse way. have you?

obviously he can't just hop on a whole different type of bike and be an instant star..but think about it like going from GP125 to GP250 to MotoGP
    it's a natural progression that most racers who start as kids take

i know how hard stunting is from my limited personal experience and i've never tried a trials bike. i don't want to take anything away from you at all
    Angry? lol means laughing out loud not angry....Your making me laugh not get angry...

How many people actually make it to MotoGP from 125 and 250 racing? Its not a natural progression for everyone, and just because your good at one type of riding does not make all types natural for you...Some really good racers make it to MOTOGP and fail, they just cant ride those bikes as well as others....There are already people out there that were trails riders, and now stunt for a living...Like I said check out CP and AC.....

I am also not trying to take anything away from trails riding, I think its amazing and would love to get into it some day...I also think my stunting skills will help with trails riding alot, like you said brake, balance, and throttle control.....However I think its the same looking at it from either side, the skills you have will help...But just being a trails rider does not make stunting easy and vice versa...Everything you can do on a trails bike, you would need to learn how to do on a much heavier and more powerful bike....

So yes the trails skills would help him become a great stunt rider, but thats not what you said...You said he would "put to shame 99.9% of "stunters"......Thats quite different then what your saying now.....Its a bold statement, that I dont think holds any weight without seeing this guy ride a sportbike....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 07-27-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Here are a few RMZ wheelies from easter. I wear gear but this was just for a photo op. Didnt read the whole thread but my mx bike is alot easier to wheelie than my cbr with stock gearing. What is a decent street ratio for a 600? -1 + 4 teeth? Thanks

cbr 600 f2, 08 Suzuki RMZ450, 05 CRF450R, Pitster Pro X4