My buddy was rear ended on the QEW - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My buddy was rear ended on the QEW

Re: My buddy was rear ended on the QEW

Sorry to hear the news. It's good to hear that your friend is ok. That kinda sucks. Thanks for posting it and the pics.

Sorry to hear about the accident and glad to see your friend is fine.. Lucky did not have a passenger in the back seat! Hope the BMW girl get charge....
    Ride On
    http://www.onmotorcycle.com

Yours to discover the ride...

Good luck to your friend and his trauma (mindset). I hope he does come back to 2 wheels in the future if not now.

[QUOTE=hedkandy;977676]
    Quote Originally Posted by IXFe View Post
    A friend of mine was pulled over last week for texting while driving .... got a careless ticket and 6 points. I think she just learnt a valuable lesson

Everyone on a cell while driving should get a careless charge since they are far from in care and control of the vehicle.

Everytime I come along side someone talkin on their cell... I always feel I should drop it down a few gears and drone along with the pipes singing their tune drowning out the call...

Glad he is ok, and hope he is able to get back on the bike soon.

Hopefully the dumb fcuk driver gets what is coming to her, along with all the other idiots that are in they're cars.

I'm glad your buddy was alright -- those are some insane pictures!

Btw -- was it a US driver? I don't see a plate on the front of the car...

good to hear your buddy is ok.

as for the driver, need to petition the prosecutor to up the charges from careless to dangerous.
    x

Glad to hear your friend survived. Honestly I am so paranoid about people behind me I probably spend the same amount of time looking back as I do looking forward. And wtf is it with these chicks in BMW's, they are ALWAYS so aggressive.
    Night Rod Special

wow!

glad your friend is ok! and thanks for the reminder, i have been really bad lately for sitting in neutral at stops (riding with more experienced riders and picking up their bad habits!)

i'd be up for a ride, and for showing support at that woman's court date!

lucky2balive

Hello hello everybody, I am responding to all the people wishing me well, and supporting me. I am the driver of the motorcycle that day on the QEW, and am lucky to have walked away with no injuries, the gear really helped, and I must say, I was freeeking lucky tooo. Just like to give a shout out to all of you who have shown support, and thank you all !!!!
    Drive safe and stay alert !!!!!
    Cheers.

you should go out and buy some lottery tickets

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
    Hello hello everybody, I am responding to all the people wishing me well, and supporting me. I am the driver of the motorcycle that day on the QEW, and am lucky to have walked away with no injuries, the gear really helped, and I must say, I was freeeking lucky tooo. Just like to give a shout out to all of you who have shown support, and thank you all !!!!
    Cheers.

So are you really giving up riding?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
    Cheers.

Re: My buddy was rear ended on the QEW w/pics

First I'm glad your friend is ok.

I'm really glad you posted the last paragraph. Many if not all the responders seemed to have missed it. Although the car driver was totally responsible for this crash it was also quite avoidable. Like your friend I learned this lesson while being punted by a car. I really trained myself afterwards to make sure to watch what is behind me in any kind of situation where I'm slowing,turning or stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by hedkandy View Post
    We were riding west on the QEW just east of South Kingsway in stop and go traffic on Tuesday night around 7:30pm and came to a stop ..... just as I stop I hear a screatching of tires, so look in my mirror and see my buddy looking behind him ..... and then WHAM .... a BMW slams into him and I see him flying forward over his bike and landing in the middle lane directly in front of a moving vehicle ..... some how, that vehicle swerves a bit and comes to a stop in order to avoid running my buddy over. He was so scared, he crawled back to the passing lane and then flopped on his back .... this all happened in a matter of maybe 3 seconds, but it was like it was happening in slow motion! ..... I was thinking OMG .... he's gotta be in bad shape, so I get off my bike right away and run over to him, grab his hand and ask him if he is ok ..... all he said was "I'm so f*#*#ing lucky" ..... HE WAS! This could have been so much worse!!
    The lady in the BMW must have been on the phone, cuz we were only going a few hundred feet before stopping for the past few kilometres.
    My buddy is very sore and his bike is a right off, but he's alive and he's thankful to be able to walk away from this, but WTF is it going to take for people to realize they are driving machines that can kill people? Is that text message or phone call really that important? Can you not get a head piece and call handsfree?
    Every day I see people looking down while texting or reading a newspaper or doing something else they should not be doing while driving and I keep thinking " he/she is going to kill someone"
    I'm happy my bud made it through, but the police said if she hit him 6" to the right or left his bike would have most likely pinned him and then she would have driven over him and crushed him ..... could you imagine a guy enjoying his bike and riding safely gets killed because some one made a phone call or texted someone? ..... well it happens all the time and people need to smarten up and concentrate on driving when driving and leave the text and phone calls for a time when they are not operating a huge machine like an automobile!
    My bud just got back on the bike after a 10 year absence and was loving every ride he took! He has been riding for 2 weeks and couldn't stop talking about how much he missed riding and how happy he was to be back on the bike, but after the accident, he's thinking he won't return to the bike. He's afraid of people like her! I think he needs to do what feels right for him, so if he doesn't feel safe on the bike any longer, then he needs to let it go. It just sucks that he can no longer do something he loves because of this lady's decision that a phone was more important than the road ahead of her ... it's a shame!

If we can learn anything from this, please keep your bike in 1st gear and hand on the clutch when you are stopped and the car behind you is still moving and keep your eye on your mirror and make sure you give yourself a route of escape, until the car comes to a complete stop. This way if they do not stop, you can move forward and get out of the way, before they get to close!

Ride safe everyone!!
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

Quote Originally Posted by joyinc View Post
    wow!

glad your friend is ok! and thanks for the reminder, i have been really bad lately for sitting in neutral at stops (riding with more experienced riders and picking up their bad habits!)

i would acctually be interested in that, unless it falls in the winter... they gotta make examples of drivers like that..honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
    Everytime I come along side someone talkin on their cell... I always feel I should drop it down a few gears and drone along with the pipes singing their tune drowning out the call...
    I think I will start doing this from now on

Quote Originally Posted by usdm_b18 View Post
    Btw -- was it a US driver? I don't see a plate on the front of the car...
    Ontario plates ..... hers just came off with the impact!

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    good to hear your buddy is ok.

as for the driver, need to petition the prosecutor to up the charges from careless to dangerous.
    Can they do that, even though she already has been charged? If so, I think it would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbobee View Post
    Glad to hear your friend survived. Honestly I am so paranoid about people behind me I probably spend the same amount of time looking back as I do looking forward. And wtf is it with these chicks in BMW's, they are ALWAYS so aggressive.
    With all these drivers doing things in their cars while driving, it is definitely something we need to watch for, but believe me, men and women the same are causing these accidents!

Quote Originally Posted by joyinc View Post
    wow!

Do them a favour and tell them to keep the bike in gear and then tell them why? New rider or not, you can teach them a few things as well
    As for the ride, as soon as I get word as to when and where, I will let all of you know, so we can get a good turn out!

Quote Originally Posted by usdm_b18 View Post
    you should go out and buy some lottery tickets
    I told him that .... I also said I want half

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    First I'm glad your friend is ok.

I'm really glad you posted the last paragraph. Many if not all the responders seemed to have missed it. Although the car driver was totally responsible for this crash it was also quite avoidable. Like your friend I learned this lesson while being punted by a car. I really trained myself afterwards to make sure to watch what is behind me in any kind of situation where I'm slowing,turning or stopping.
    You hit the nail on the head! Even if they are at fault, it is up to us to be aware and do our best to get ourselves out of trouble (if possible) ..... actions like these can save our lives!!

Quote Originally Posted by w33z11 View Post
    i would acctually be interested in that, unless it falls in the winter... they gotta make examples of drivers like that..honestly
    As soon as I know the dates,we will form a new post and let all of you know!

Once we have a date for the ride, it will be appreciated if all of you recruit all of your friends, so we can make a positive statement!

Thanks for reading everyone!!

"It is as hard to see one's self as to look backwards without turning around"

Glad your ok!!!
    ~~I rather be riding my bike & thinkin of GOD than sitting in Gurdwara thinkin of my bike!!

03 SV1000s
    02 SV650s
    02 SV650s project - LF: any parts. PM pls. Thnx!
    Sold 2001 Ninja 500r

OP, i hope your buddy is filing a civil lawsuit against that bmw driver. she should have a 2 million dollar liability policy. have your bud sue whatever he can out of that 2 mil. any smart lawyer should take the case with little or no retainer fee. with all the witnesses and pictures the case is a guaranteed win!.

I was in Ireland last week and on the hwy bikes go where they can fit, traffic or not... Fcuk stopping on the highway.. Straight down the middle of where you can fit, Dumb whore driver..... Light slap on the wrist and let go... Makes me mad