I will never park at pacific mall again! *pic* *rant* - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I will never park at pacific mall again! *pic* *rant*

Re: I will never park at pacific mall again! *pic* *rant*

Quote Originally Posted by djbordie View Post
    def should have stuck around, not sure about damaging others property thats a bit much, maybe cameras and such...

streetfighter? pwn noobs? lets fight? if your on 360 sidechimp is my tag, always looking for a challenge
    ooh, not SF4, I don't play that, I don't like it, I play third strike.

edit: WOW 3 pages worth of replies in less than 1h, this community is super active! <3
    that new guy - gamer, motorcyclist, cyclist, cager, transit user, pedestrian, delivery xpert, student, RFD-er, anime desu-desu otaku kawaii ^_^v and so much more!

this season(2011): 300 kms~
    ^ Yeah I know, haven't been riding much

Quote Originally Posted by that_new_guy View Post
    yeah! I was thinking about doing that, but wasn't sure if that was legal or not. I saw a thread about parking at pacific mall on GTAM recently, I just didn't really get around to reading it, I will look there

thanks for the replies guys, next time I know what to do!
    Do you have gloves with carbon fiber on them.

I would have totaly smashed his Mirror. Left a note saying, dont move peoples ****. *******.

Sorry OP but you don't have my sympathy. That mall is crazy and people fight for those spaces. You parked a vehicle not much bigger than a scooter in spot that could be used by vehicle carrying an entire family. You should've tucked your bike somewhere out of the way. I'm surprised someone didn't rage on you and rolled your bike into the grass. At least your bike was moved with caution. Again, another fine example of me first attitude. You're new to this motorcycle thing, you've got some learning ahead.
    Last edited by RetroGrouch; 07-14-2009 at 04:45 PM.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

It's easy to pull the valve stem cores, which won't permanently damage the vehicle, but will send the right message to the twat. Maybe I should put one of these into the toolkit http://cgi.ebay.com/VALVE-STEM-CORE-...%3A1|294%3A200
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Sorry OP but you don't have my sympathy. That mall is crazy and people fight for those spaces. You parked a vehicle not much bigger than a scooter in spot that could be used by vehicle carrying an entire family.
    So what? He parked his vehicle in a designated spot. Are you saying that if he drove his car by himself and parked there, it would be ok because his vehicle was bigger?
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

LOL...I actually saw this happen!!!

I didn't make anything of it though...because i just thought one of the guys owned the bike.

This is why I have an alarm. It won't prevent theft, but I think it might help prevent people from climbing on the bike or attempting to move it.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    So what? He parked his vehicle in a designated spot. Are you saying that if he drove his car by himself and parked there, it would be ok because his vehicle was bigger?
    Well he didn't drive his car did he? That's not what we're discussing. Go ahead everyone, protest Pacific Mall by riding your bikes there and park 1 bike in a spot on a busy day and see what happens. Somehow these days, people confuse personal right with common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by that_new_guy View Post
    I had steering lock on, he must have had a whole family or something! cause to move it, the bike had to be lifted!
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually lifted it and put it aside. Glad it's okay!

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say to a fellow rider.
    So what now, he has to worry about whether his bike is 'big enough' to be allowed to park in a parking space?

Sorry OP but you don't have my sympathy. That mall is crazy and people fight for those spaces. You parked a vehicle not much bigger than a scooter in spot that could be used by vehicle carrying an entire family. You should've tucked your bike somewhere out of the way. I'm surprised someone didn't rage on you and rolled your bike into the grass. At least your bike was moved with caution. Again, another fine example of me first attitude. You're new to this motorcycle thing, you've got some learning ahead.

Well he didn't drive his car did he? That's not what we're discussing. Go ahead everyone, protest Pacific Mall by riding your bikes there and park 1 bike in a spot on a busy day and see what happens. Somehow these days, people confuse personal right with common courtesy.
    My bike is a vehicle. It has the rights of all other vehicles, whether on the roads, or in a parking lot. I would have left him a note as a friendly reminder....carved into his door!

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

Need to carry some sugar with I guess.

I little sugar in the gas tank would suit the mini van driver nicely.

=p
    Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

Do that then just hang around near the bikes. But really common courtesy is dont take up the space. but its also dont move other peoples property.

I would have probably hit the car. and said oops you parked in my spot. Also take a picture of you parking b4 you park.

Imagine getting a ticket for parkign between a car and ****.

Quote Originally Posted by moonjo View Post
    That's a pretty ignorant thing to say to a fellow rider.
    So what now, he has to worry about whether his bike is 'big enough' to be allowed to park in a parking space?
    Not if there were lots of spots available. I have no issues with taking up a parking spot with 1 bike if the lot is not busy. But as we all know, PacMall is a zoo and you take your chances. That's why I say if your going there with your bike, park it out of the way. It's in your best interest to do so. What's that old saying? A good preventative is your best cure.

Finding a smaller spot is a courtesy. Parking a bike in a free parking spot on a publicly available parking lot is not.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

I don't mind sharing a parking space with them if they promise not to hit my bike, as long as they let me split the road with them and I promise not to hit them. Since it's all about common courtesy right?
    Premium dude......PREEEMMIIIUMMMMM!!!!

I agree with you 100&#37;. On a similar note, it pisses me off when I see owners of SMART cars parked in a spot all by themselves when CLEARLY they should be doubling up (according to their website, two will fit in the avg parking spot) in order to preserve spots for families.
    Last edited by mma01; 07-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Well it looks like I stand alone on this issue. So I will continue to park my little bike in out of the way spots and not take up spaces available for larger vehicles. And in turn, my bike remains untouched by strangers.

You parked a vehicle not much bigger than a scooter in spot that could be used by vehicle carrying an entire family. You should've tucked your bike somewhere out of the way.
    +1.
    Chinese families are huge. They probably stuffed 10 people in that van when it only seats 7. You're parking in one of the most high traffic and frustating parking lots in Toronto.
    At the end of the day, its wrong for the person to touch your bike. But think of an alternative way to get there to avoid the "rant".

At first I thought your post was a joke and I was laughing.... because it's absolutely ridiculous!

He's entitled to a parking spot regardless of the size or nature of the vehicle he was utilizing. What do you mean by out of the way? by the bicycle rack and get it towed or ticketted? Or perhaps down the street because his vehicle is smaller than others and god forbid we don't cater to a minivan family.

He pays for his method of transportation, he pays for his insurance, he pays for his gas and he's a patron of Pacific Mall, WHY IS HE NOT ENTITLTED TO A PARKING SPOT?

The person/family who moved his vehicle violated his property rights AND are no better than car thiefs in my opinion.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.