TMP Cayuga track day questions? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TMP Cayuga track day questions?

Re: TMP Cayuga track day questions?

Fat chicks typically have IN's.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoul Man View Post
    A tip for getting the suit off. Where a Nike Dri Fit/Under Armor/ P.U.G. shirt underneath your leathers. If you thought it was tough getting the suit off when you were dry, wait till your all sweaty. Pain in the ***. It'll make it alot easier.
    Go to Play-It-Again Sports and you can buy a 1 piece undergarmet (meant for hockey) but works great with suits, I just started using it.. $19.99, the PUG and Nike/UnderArmour brands are hella expensive.

the only downside is its longsleeve and only 1 piece available, but some alteration can be made to the sleeves at least if you really want to.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Seoul Man View Post
    A tip for getting the suit off. Where a Nike Dri Fit/Under Armor/ P.U.G. shirt underneath your leathers. If you thought it was tough getting the suit off when you were dry, wait till your all sweaty. Pain in the ***. It'll make it alot easier.
    Or just get the Athletic Works ones at Wally Mart for $12 , Works just as good as the Under Armour ones for $50 less.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Better then borrowed boots that are slightly too big...LOL.....I just have to wear them all day and night, and even to sleep untill Friday to break them in
    Compared to my last boots/skate shoes that I normally wear, it initially took a bit more work to get my foot under the shifter. It has gotten better with a few rides in them though.

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    Compared to my last boots/skate shoes that I normally wear, it initially took a bit more work to get my foot under the shifter. It has gotten better with a few rides in them though.
    Yup that feels weird, and its hard for me to shift right now....Back brake control isnt as bad as I thought....

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    I heart GP-Shift . I can just flip the shift rod/joint on my R6, takes a couple minutes to do so. Not really a necessary switch for the street, but it made me much more comfortable (and quicker) shifting up and down on the track.

But yeah, the change from shoes to riding boots takes a bit of practice to get used to the thickness/shape of the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    I heart GP-Shift . I can just flip the shift rod/joint on my R6, takes a couple minutes to do so. Not really a necessary switch for the street, but it made me much more comfortable (and quicker) shifting up and down on the track.

But yeah, the change from shoes to riding boots takes a bit of practice to get used to the thickness/shape of the boot.
    Ive been meaning to try it on my R1 as well but apparently there is a bit more work to convert to GP shift on my bike since the rod goes through a hole in the frame.... Ive seen ppl use spacers on the rear sets so that the shift arm goes on the outside of the frame to do the conversion.

That's right - some models require a little more modification. I'd definitely recommend it if you go to the track regularly. I've never heard of someone returning to the stock config after trying the GP shift.

OK...I'm officially pumped for this saturday at Cayuga!

Just thought I'd share, thanks for all the great info.