16 year old girl and needs insurance on 09 250 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 16 year old girl and needs insurance on 09 250

Re: 16 year old girl and needs insurance on 09 250

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Yup, a Jevco policy is probably your best bet.
    She isn't eligible for Jevco. Need to be 20+ or have over a year's experience on the road. Not possible for a 16 year old.

Do yourself a favor and get your M2 ASAP and get insured after that. Ask for quotes with your M2, you'll find the difference might just be as much as the cost of doing the course if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    1991 was a long time ago . . . inflation alone will account for a large portion of premium increases since 1991. In order to compare apples to apples, you would have to multiply your 1991 premium by each successive annual inflation rate over the last 18 years.

Inflation on injury claims has outpaced inflation in general, so that adds to the increased costs.
    Also, Co-op doesn't write SS bikes anymore except in weird and rare circumstances. They will write a cruiser, sometimes, but everything else gets written through Jevco or turned away.

Dino
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR250

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade2099 View Post
    Don't bother calling statefarm. They won't insure you unless you have 5 years driving experience.
    State Farms SUCKS. I'm over 25, have had a G and M2 since longest time, never had a ticket or infraction, the idiots wanted a whopping $1,100/year for one-way insurance on my Yamaha dual-sport 350cc, I called Duffy Insurance they quoted me $325/year and that's how much they charged me.

Screw State Farm, I don't know why people say it's cheap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    State Farms SUCKS. I'm over 25, have had a G and M2 since longest time, never had a ticket or infraction, the idiots wanted a whopping $1,100/year for one-way insurance on my Yamaha dual-sport 350cc, I called Duffy Insurance they quoted me $325/year and that's how much they charged me.

b/c it is when insuring sportbikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post

State Farm for non-SS = EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO COMPETITORS

State Farm for SS Bikes = RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP COMPARED TO COMPETITORS
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)