Crashed my bike - motorcycle salvage shops?

Thread: Crashed my bike - motorcycle salvage shops?

Unhappy Crashed my bike - motorcycle salvage shops?

Hi guys, I crashed my bike this afternoon in Caledon. The engine and rear are okay. the front forks are badly bent, front rims dented, fairings broken. Are there any bike salvage shops near by that will tow it away for free / cheap? If not anyone know of any cheap towing companies that'll tow it to a scrap yard of some sort for cheap? Right now the bike is sitting sideways on a very nice lady's property and I'd like to get it out of there asap. Thanks!

Re: Crashed my bike - motorcycle salvage shops?

I don't know of any tow companies that are cheap. Your best bet would be to contact someone the board that does hauling and see if they'll do it, as long as its not leaking it shouldn't be a problem
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

whats the bike?

you getting rid of it or taking it to be fixed?
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Are you okay?

Quote Originally Posted by ra9e View Post
    Hi guys, I crashed my bike this afternoon in Caledon. The engine and rear are okay. the front forks are badly bent, front rims dented, fairings broken. Are there any bike salvage shops near by that will tow it away for free / cheap? If not anyone know of any cheap towing companies that'll tow it to a scrap yard of some sort for cheap? Right now the bike is sitting sideways on a very nice lady's property and I'd like to get it out of there asap. Thanks!
    www.ontariocyclesalvage.com

Gs 500 ?

2008 Honda VTX 1300 C, Cobra Speedster Shorts, Kuryakyn Skull Ram Air, Kuryakyn Ergo Guards, Ultimate Seat. Flame thrower, don't stay too close.

I'm not sure if he deals with wrecks, but talk to http://www.thetoyhauler.ca/ He is infernobuster on this site and people have nothing but good things to say about him. He is normally very affordable and any cycle yard should give you more than enough money to cover whatever he charges. Hope you aren't too banged up. Good luck.

I hope you are OK.

Any pics???

And give us the whole story man. Some of us might learn from your mistake!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I'm not sure if he deals with wrecks, but talk to http://www.thetoyhauler.ca/ He is infernobuster on this site and people have nothing but good things to say about him. He is normally very affordable and any cycle yard should give you more than enough money to cover whatever he charges. Hope you aren't too banged up. Good luck.
    +1 .. Thanks.

Yep, if you send me the info/location etc i can certainly take it to any place you want it to go.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Thanks everyone for your replies and PMs. I'm okay and walking (with a limp) I'll keep the board posted.

Well you are able to Post so that's a good sign. I hope you're okay otherwise. Can you roll it up a ramp? If so maybe a friend with a pickup could help you.
    R.I.P : William Joseph "Joey" Dunlop, Feb. 25th 1952 - July 2nd 2000.“KING OF THE ROADS” Sadly Missed, Never Forgotten.

www.roadawareness.ca

iv'e got a truck. were do you need to go.