1 Year Free Subscription for MAXIM Mag. - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Year Free Subscription for MAXIM Mag.

Re: 1 Year Free Subscription for MAXIM Mag.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I wanted to check if any one of you guys got an email saying you got a shipment from flytexpress.com and a tracking link. The e-mail came with my name and address and googling the site comes up with links in Chinese. While I do have an order from China that I'm waiting for, I wanted to make sure this wasn't a phishing scam.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I wanted to check if any one of you guys got an email saying you got a shipment from flytexpress.com and a tracking link. The e-mail came with my name and address and googling the site comes up with links in Chinese. While I do have an order from China that I'm waiting for, I wanted to make sure this wasn't a phishing scam.
    Hmmm, never got any of that kind of email before...maybe your just being paranoid

Well its been 2 weeks...another 2 and I will know if this is for real or not...

phishing scam.
    What's a phishing scam?
    *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Sprocket View Post
    What's a phishing scam?
    google > you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
    1995 F3 - Sold
    Gods dont kill people. People with Gods kill people.
    – David Viaen

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    So sign up for it? What do you think is going to happen, they are going to send a hitman to your house?
    Two Ninja's tried to jump me last night, and not the Kawasaki kind, I blame this thread!!!!
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Sprocket View Post
    What's a phishing scam?
    http://tiny.cc/d9g2M

I love it and using it all the time when people ask questions...
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

I just remembered I had 2 more orders from China, so it's probably related to one of them. Gotta love paranoia
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx135 View Post
    http://tiny.cc/d9g2M

I love it and using it all the time when people ask questions...
    Thanks guys,

Looks like pretty serious stuff, eh?
    I hope noone got 'phished.'

In the field of computer security, phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT Administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging,[1] and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one.
    *gasp*

Yes i got that same link, i'm expecting a package from HK

Quote Originally Posted by dahotboy View Post
    Yes i got that same link, i'm expecting a package from HK
    Thanks for the confirmation

I really hope this works ... I signed up my sister (who absolutely HATES these types of magazines) ... the name I used: LES BIAN

It will be funny to hear her ask where the hell it came from

Quote Originally Posted by sinic View Post
    I really hope this works ... I signed up my sister (who absolutely HATES these types of magazines) ... the name I used: LES BIAN

It will be funny to hear her ask where the hell it came from
    lol.

4 weeks this friday!!!

anyone get a issue yet?????

Quote Originally Posted by anth1414 View Post
    4 weeks this friday!!!

anyone get a issue yet?????
    I'm 4 weeks today and nothing yet.

Same

but nothing yet...Well its 4-6 weeks..soo we will see..(I signed up July 2 I think)

Quote Originally Posted by sinic View Post
    i really hope this works ... I signed up my sister (who absolutely hates these types of magazines) ... The name i used: Les bian

it will be funny to hear her ask where the hell it came from
    flawless!
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

**********************UPDATE********************** ***

Ok Boy and Girls...

Maxim tried to pull a fast one on us all, I just found out they have "cancelled" all of the free subscription on everyone (RFD)

So you have to login into the account that you have created at the bottom of the MAXIM website (click on renew subscription) to check your status...if it has...

"Our records show that your Maxim subscription was cancelled on Jul. 16, 2009. "

There is a line under that stating "*To check the status of your gift subscriptions, please click -HERE- to send a message to our Subscriber Services department."

Click on that and send them an e-mail and ask them to reactive your account again...I would ask them nicely about it...and you should receive an e-mail back in 2-3 business day (I got mine like 6 hours later)

Something on along these lines:

Dear Mr. Hung,
    We apologize for any confusion. We reactivated your subscription and your first issue will arrive in 8-10 weeks. Please allow 7-10 business days for this to update in your account online.
    Thank you for subscribing to Maxim.

So unfortunately we need to wait another 8 - 10 weeks...I believe Maxim received an overwhelming response to these free subscription they want to weed out the people who really don't care.

But since I love you guys soo much I just wanted to give you guys a head's up and WE WANT OUR FREE MAG!!!! ENJOY!!!!

Thanks,
    Hung.
    Last edited by HunGJaI; 07-31-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Well that sucks ...

Both me and Les Bian will be inquiring if the deal is still on

Thanks for the heads up

hmmmm or is it just some spammers that want to validate your email address. Can you confirm for the free subscription by going direct to the Maxim site yourself, i.e. without clicking on the link they provide?
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    hmmmm or is it just some spammers that want to validate your email address. Can you confirm for the free subscription by going direct to the Maxim site yourself, i.e. without clicking on the link they provide?
    When you go to the maxim site, you can click the renew subscription link, fill in your email address and postal code, it will show you your name, and say that the account was cancelled.