indianapolis GP, whos been? need info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: indianapolis GP, whos been? need info.

indianapolis GP, whos been? need info.

It looks like we may go see motogp at IMS in August. Just wondering who went last year and what tickets they think are good or bad? There are like 10 different packages you can get, from penthouse paddock to general admin. Post up or pm any helpful info if you have been there, thanks.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Re: indianapolis GP, whos been? need info.

PM sent

I went last year, just bought the Gen admission tickets and I think they were a great deal for the money. Get parking as well!

With the general admission you aren't in the covered grandstands but you can go wherever you like except reserved seating, moving around as the day progresses if you like. I noticed they have changed things abit this year. Where we sat last year is no longer a general admission grandstand. We were right up at the top in the 'spotters area' what would be turn 4 for the Indy Cars, even during the damn hurricane....

I imagine probably even with reserved seating you could go wherever you like and have even more freddom though.

$75 for 3 days for general admin to me is a sweet deal.

Went last year also, general admission was fine, good vantage points and good value. I got grandstand seats once for the F1 race there and the seats sucked (on the front straight). Couldn't see the cars behind the chain link fence at any angle so they just blasted by in a flash and that's it. Boooo.

Nice facility and good organization though.
    There is no planet B.

We went last year. Pack your rain gear. We sat in Turn 1 and had a sweet view of 1,2,3,4. Even with the rain it was a great show.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    Even with the rain it was a great show.
    MORE THEN GREAT QUALIFYING IS REALLY FUN TO WATCH AS WELL.

I THINK THE MOST POPULAR WERE THE J SECTION AND THE SCTION BY THE END OF THE 1ST STRAIGHT. IF YOU LOOK UP INDIANAPOLIS ON YOU TUBE YOU CAN SEE WHERE I WAS SITTING AT THE MOST PART.....WELL AT THE HALF WAY POINT AND NEAR THE END (THATS WHERE I WAS SITTING .....SECTION J)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV5WIxe-EqM

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT

S.O.A.R. #691

Thanks for the replies and pms thus far. Any hotel yays or nays? There are many to choose from online.
    It is what it is...

Last year we stayed downtown (more stuff to do down there in the evenings). All the hotels are standard affair.

And I agree with the previous posters, get a General Admission ticket. Best bang for the buck as you can move around and choose your spot.

The grand stands on the front straight sucked for the view BUT since it was a monsoon, we were covered which was nice...

adawar
    there is no spoon

I went last year, not sure about the 'best' seats, but I would say go, the whole thing is amazing!!!! Just to hear the bikes in person will give you perma grin!!!!!
    If you can go then go for it!!!!
    " Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul "

I want to go this year aswell so any advice is awesome, is there places to camp there?
    Chris

there is always time to play........

current: 05 Yamaha R6 Raven black

next : ?

I went last year. I was at Penthouse A, right across form Rossi's garage!! I could see the bikes just fine on the straight and in turn 1. I liked how there was cover above my head to protect me from the sun/hurricane.

Hotel = too expensive. I was at the Marriot Downtown.
    Booze = too cheap lol.
    the sound of the bikes in person = priceless!!

Cheers
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

I was also in penthouse A and the view was great. My seat gave a good view of the start/finish and turn #1 and the pits. We could also see a large video screen that showed what was happening on the rest of the track along with announcer commentary. Bring some extra cash, the vendor alley was great with really good prices. We stayed about 15 min from the track and the rooms were about $70? I agree with duv3, drinks + food is cheap as hell. One night I had steak, appetizer & a few drinks for under $45.

BRING EARPLUGS!!! Seriously you will not believe how loud an 800cc engine could be.

Yamaha sounded almost like a loud street bike. Honda sounded like a cool science project. Duc sounded just evil. Kawi sounded like it was about to grenade.

There is camping across from the track I don't know the prices but it would save a ton of time getting in and out of the track each day.

The night life was great downtown too. I've never been to the Daytona 200 but this was by far the best race weekend I've been to by far.

Thanks again for all responses and pms. Me wife n I are going for sure, just waiting to see if some friends are on board. I am soooooo friggen' pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is what it is...

We went last year....Best advice someone already said...

Pack your raingear.!!

We did the General Admission - 3 day package...

We didn't take bikes with us, but if I were to go again, I would trailer the bike or ride down..

I just got my tickets last night h section grandstand went lastyear too had an awesome time !!!!

S.O.A.R. #691

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotmikeyboy
    I just got my tickets last night h section grandstand went lastyear too had an awesome time !!!!
    got, or bought? I hope they're pulling the "come pick them up" deal.

How does that work for the ones who been, I purchased tickets soon as they went on sale, got reserved seating. Do they send you the tickets in the mail or is it a pickup on site type of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by lownslow15 View Post
    How does that work for the ones who been, I purchased tickets soon as they went on sale, got reserved seating. Do they send you the tickets in the mail or is it a pickup on site type of thing?
    you will get it in the mail
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

I had reserved seating last year, but I didn't even sit in them for the race. I ended up standing by turn 2/3. There were some decent places to watch the race from without reserved seating. I think general admission is great bang for your buck.

Wont be going this year, but man do I miss the Philly cheesesteaks.

I stayed at a Motel 6 that was priced ok and only about 20 min from the track. Had plenty of vacancy too. It was a dirty ******** though.

Where did you guys order the tickets from, is there anywhere you can get them around here like a ticket master or anything like that, i don't have a credit card right now and want to get these tickets
    Chris

there is always time to play........

current: 05 Yamaha R6 Raven black

next : ?