my kid wants to race! info?

Thread: my kid wants to race! info?

my kid wants to race! info?

good day,

my son has been trail riding a few seasons. he has an XR50. we recently went to motopark for two days and had a blast.

he wants to race. at motopark the kids race on one half of the big track. he did some riding on the big track when there were no big bikes running (lunch time).

my thoughts are this: his bike is not a motocrosser and would be better suited for enduro or hare scrambles. do these classes exist?

i'm looking for info on where and what organizations/tracks we should be contacting. the closer to kitchener/mississauga the better.

thanks all.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Re: my kid wants to race! info?

the cma holds flat track racing every saturday night at Welland also every second Friday at the Paris fair grounds all different classes from 50cc to 600cc. Here are some links hope it will help

http://www.canadianspeedway.com/
    http://www.wellandmotorcycleclub.com/index1.htm
    http://www.canmocycle.ca/

I run with MMRS (Maguires Motocross Racing Series) and it's VERY family oriented, and the tracks aren't prepped too narly. Most races are in the peterborough/belleville region. The next race is at a great track in Innisfill, next weekend. Practice is on saturday, and you don't need to be a member, it would be a good place for him to give it a shot!

Check out Lakeshore Dirt Riders (LDR) as they are local for you as well and a good club. And CMX is another option.

Let him join and have fun! Some kids rip it, and some kids just enjoy the ride.

Steel City riders in Hamilton offers hare scrambles and enduro racing for all ages.

www.steelcity.ca

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Steel City riders in Hamilton offers hare scrambles and enduro racing for all ages.

www.steelcity.ca
    +1 for the Steel City gang.Great family environment!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

my son and I race motocross with steel city riders. It's a great family club! the club track is in Brantford near Oshweken and they have a small track for the 50's and there's a couple of kids on xr's and pw's in that class, so come on out.
    The race series uses tracks all over including motopark. Next race is at the end of the month in Port Perry.

cheers!

Mark

thanks everybody for the helpful info.

UPDATE: my son entered his first race today - the cma ant hill classic hare scramble national. he nabbed himself a second place trophy! everyone at the races was great! and it was only about one hour from kitchener. next race july 19th at vienna, yahoo!

thanks again for your help, best regards, hubert.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca