Pannon minus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pannon minus

GambleVII

Pannon minus

So I went in looking for a helmet, and Robert helped me out choose one thatlooked like it fit ma head, tried on a large it was very uncomftorble.. went to an xl it was more comftorbale. Helped out with information and wearing it.

Though it was great service with some suggestive selling but I was fine with that as I was shopping around. Later that day I came back and purchased it, overall i was happy.

During my rti course the instructors noticed the fit of the helmet was rather lose. So the bad experiance was not having Robert pick up on the lose helmet and informing me of that as I wore it around.

It was me being naive with lack of information and taking the size trust from someone who would know, and well now I got a helmet with too much range of motion.

Live and learn

edit: Larger cheek pads did not help with the sizing. A large with XL liner would have probably provided the proper fit.

Re: Pannon minus

hardly Robert's fault..... if you put on a Large and told him it was very uncomfortable, the only natural thing is to go one size up. He can't feel how your head feels in the helmet.

and you've got the cheek pad measurements mixed up..... which could be your issue: Small and Medium helmets tend to have their own shell size, but L and XL helmets might share the same one.

Cheek pads go by cm/mm sizing... not L/M/S. You could get an M or L cheek pad, but with a little extra cushion (at least additional sizes, if I'm not mistaken). You shouldn't have to trade cheek pads straight up with another helmet.
    Last edited by Declan Gunn; 07-01-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

now you know better....don't trust the sales pitch.

spend some time by yourself and see what you think fits best for you....

Robert cannot be entirely blamed either...

GambleVII

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    hardly Robert's fault..... if you put on a Large and told him it was very uncomfortable, the only natural thing is to go one size up. He can't feel how your head feels in the helmet.

and you've got the cheek pad measurements mixed up..... which could be your issue: Small and Medium helmets tend to have their own shell size, but L and XL helmets might share the same one.

Cheek pads go by cm/mm sizing... not L/M/S. You could get an M or L cheek pad, but with a little extra cushion. You shouldn't have to trade cheek pads straight up with another helmet.
    Not his fault for my choices. But in the assistance of checking the fit after its on would be. I mean doesnt matter what the person buying says if you see his helmet don't fit you let them know.

That was my only gripe. Should have made sure the size was proper when dealing with a first time buyer.

The problem is the side to side and up and down movment.
    Large cheek pad is fatter then a xl cheek bad right?
    So i assumed a Large shell (tighter on the head with a thinner cheek pad (XL) could have provided a tighter fit)

GambleVII

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    now you know better....don't trust the sales pitch.

spend some time by yourself and see what you think fits best for you....

Robert cannot be entirely blamed either...
    No it is very much my own fault. I was naive and its not terrible i can use it for a while but for the second purchase I will make a better decision.

It was just a minus for the fact that you should not let customers buy something that is not the right fit.

Quote Originally Posted by GambleVII View Post

It was just a minus for the fact that you should not let customers buy something that is not the right fit.
    Sorry about what happened. The first helmet I bought was too large as well as I was not exactly sure how a lid should fit. Unfortunately if he insisted on selling people helmets they thought were too tight or whatever(but fit correctly) they would be in here complaining about that as well.

When I worked at Cycle World I absolutely checked the fit of helmets being tried on by customers. A LOT of people didn't know how a helmet should fit, and how would they know if someone didn't point that out to them? I would certainly say that if someone is assisting you at the store, they SHOULD make sure the helmet (or leather jacket/suit/whatever) FITS you properly before you pay for it.

If you walked into the store and said you didn't need any help and bought the wrong size on your own doing, then it would be entirely your fault.

My $0.02.

I agree a sales person is there to inform you what/ how a helmet or whatever should fit/ feel. If the sales person does their job, chances are the purchaser will be very happy and probably come back. This is how trust is EARNED and business grows. I have purchased things from Robert and he is a good guy with my experience. Unfortunately, it is a lesson learned.

I hate walking into a place looking to buy something you know absolutly nothing about.

GambleVII

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    I hate walking into a place looking to buy something you know absolutly nothing about.
    I hate majority of information on a subject being very vague and therefore does not translate to real world right there experiance.

I read how the helmet should fit and still didnt think anything of it till i was shown a proper fit and so forth.

Basically how ive always been taught is this:

1) Put helmet on head
    2) Shake head

If the helmet moves on your head, its too big. Basically if you feel it slide along your cheeks at all, you need to go smaller. The right size helmet will always feel one size too small, thats just how it is... It needs to fit tight otherwise you risk it flying off when you really need it.

I was in the same boat... no idea how it was to fit... the guy at Royal D. said "if you can chew gum, it's too loose." After that I found a helmet that seemed a bit tighter than I expected it to be but he assured me it was right... After week of use it felt great. Best of luck finding a perfect fit for your noggin!
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerator View Post
    When I worked at Cycle World I absolutely checked the fit of helmets being tried on by customers. A LOT of people didn't know how a helmet should fit, and how would they know if someone didn't point that out to them? I would certainly say that if someone is assisting you at the store, they SHOULD make sure the helmet (or leather jacket/suit/whatever) FITS you properly before you pay for it.

If you walked into the store and said you didn't need any help and bought the wrong size on your own doing, then it would be entirely your fault.

My $0.02.
    that $0.02 sounds on the money to me. NPI..
    Somebodys gotta look out for the noobs. OP
    if you took a sales reps advice and got burned, not your fault. Next time you size a lid, whens its on, grab the chin bar tight, and tug it around good and hard. I mean up and down, back and forth, and even rotate it around a bit. Your head should move with the helmet. the helmet should not be able to slip around on your head. No loose goose. Should fit snugly.

GambleVII

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCrowe13 View Post
    I was in the same boat... no idea how it was to fit... the guy at Royal D. said "if you can chew gum, it's too loose." After that I found a helmet that seemed a bit tighter than I expected it to be but he assured me it was right... After week of use it felt great. Best of luck finding a perfect fit for your noggin!
    It has some loosness it should still be ok for the road for a while no?
    I was gonna prolly buy a new helmet next motorcycle show. But dont wanna be burned for the price tag of this one and get no use out of it.

Trying wearing a bandana, should be make the helmet fit a little more snug.

time to grow an afro, for that added level of protection ?

Going to places like GP Bikes or the old cycleworld, allowed people (like myself) to try on just about everything in the store to know what fits well and what doesn't. I had family that rode and my cousin was the one who helped me get my first helmet, but a salesman still helped us either way, if anything, by being knowledgeable about the sizing options of each helmet brand.

You don't know a good book till you've read a bad one, chalk this up to life experience.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by GambleVII View Post
    It has some loosness it should still be ok for the road for a while no?
    I was gonna prolly buy a new helmet next motorcycle show. But dont wanna be burned for the price tag of this one and get no use out of it.
    Wear a ballcap backwards under your helmet. That should snug it up. Use a full back (no size adjuster) so it doesnt dig into your forehead.

Banned

In this country nothing is ever OUR fault anymore. Someone else should have known...i mean why didnt Rob transform his head into the shap of yours and simply try on the helmet himself? He should have known better...I hope you get a full refund, 2000 $ in free gear and a lifetime supply of oil at his expense...

My advice would be to get a new one that will protect you properly and try to sell this one since some people will actually buy used helmets. Your head should be worth more than the cost of two helmets, really.

In this country nothing is ever OUR fault anymore. Someone else should have known...i mean why didnt Rob transform his head into the shap of yours and simply try on the helmet himself? He should have known better...I hope you get a full refund, 2000 $ in free gear and a lifetime supply of oil at his expense...
    You forgot about his name being put on the Pannon storefront in his honor. A helmet is a major purchase and buying one without doing your homework is just plain...... [sentence left unfinished in the interest of not getting an infraction]
    I have seen Rob be very helpful to new riders and just slapping any old lid on your noggin would be uncharacteristic (to say the least) of him. He has gone above and beyond with me and quite a few other customers, so I'd like to hear/read his side of the story before this Pannon-bashing fest continues.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]