Track Dayz state side

Thread: Track Dayz state side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Track Dayz state side

Do some of you veteran riders have experience riding states side and get travel insurance?

I've only bought travel insurance thru RBC before and I know they won't cover motorized sports injuries.

Re: Track Dayz state side

This question has come up in a couple of places recently so I thought I'd offer the information that I have.

getting injured while riding sucks, but for Canadians racing/riding south of the border, it can also be VERY expensive.

your best to contact the broker mentioned as he is the expert, I am not.

Regular travel insurance WILL NOT cover you.

No general travel insurance will cover you for any type of "CONTEST OF SPEED"

Even though trackdays are not racing, they are seen as contests of speed by insurance companies, and they will deny your claim

If you're concerned, you can purchase a policy from lakeridge financial that will EXPLICITLY cover you for "CONTESTS OF SPEED and RACING"

The policy covers up to $5mil and can either be purchased on a per weekend basis, or a yearly policy that will cover you for trips of up to 10 days in duration, ie, you can be away riding/racing for ten days, return to canada for and go back for another 10 days.

Mine costs under $100 per year

for those interested, you can contact Ralf Scholtes at lakeridge financial

lakeridgefinancial at sympatico.ca
    905 655 8233

Other insurance carriers MAY offer similar policies, but I know this one works as I've had to use it on more than one occasion

Thanks so much. I have heard some insurance companies offer policies. Your's doesn't sound too expensive.

If you have a job you MAY be covered by your worker's insurance. I was and it helped huge 'cause I didn't work for 8 months.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If you have a job you MAY be covered by your worker's insurance. I was and it helped huge 'cause I didn't work for 8 months.
    Of course I have a job but not with those benefits.

Oh well, I'll take it easy while I'm down there, that will be my excuse. I think I'm out of time for coverage for this weekend.

thanks guys

If you call lakeridge, they can have the policy to you within hours, definitely the same day.

You can also get a weekend policy from them for $25

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Has anyone been able to contact them lately? Tried to call the guy several times in the past and all I got was an answering machine. Never responded to my voicemail either..
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

send an email, they'll respond within a day.

I didn't buy insurance this year. If I got injured I was going to send my bills to Tony at bluestreak racing

see the little sticker on the sign

After all, he told me to place his sticker here.....knocked 10 seconds off my lap time Tony! Great idea

Check your group life policy at work, chickie... Mine covers me quite well 'Stateside. ( Our rep is a rider. )
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    send an email, they'll respond within a day.
    They responded, thanks.

Our rep at Sun Life told me:

"You would not be covered if you inflicted the injury on yourself intentionally. For example: if you are racing, you are obviously not trying to injury yourself, but if you crash doing the 'superman trick', you hurt yourself taking undue risk, therefore it would not be covered. Either way, we'd have to investigate."

Which sounds like a definite "maybe".
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Quote Originally Posted by 100monkeys View Post
    Check your group life policy at work, chickie... Mine covers me quite well 'Stateside. ( Our rep is a rider. )
    Dan
    WELLLLLLL change your policy gender to Female and give me your benefits card

My coverage doesn't cover "motorized sports". The only way I'd seek medical attention in the states, is if I needed it so bad that I leave in the special bus. If I was carted off in the bus, I couldnt pretend it happened on the street.

I posted this last yr and it's popped again. I didn't get coverage this yr, I just hope for the best.