( HELP ) Suzuki C90 Running Rough On Cold Start Up

Thread: ( HELP ) Suzuki C90 Running Rough On Cold Start Up

820leo

( HELP ) Suzuki C90 Running Rough On Cold Start Up

I have a 2008 Suzuki C90 1500KM only on it
    Has anyone had any problems with the Suzuki C90 with it running realy rough on cold start up that it almost wants to turn off. After it warms up it's fine any buddy have any solustion or had some repaires done to that matter.

When the bike starts up it starts great goes into high idle runs great when the fast idle drops off in around 15sec it goes into regular running idle it sounds like it wants to shut off after 2min it seams to be ok?

I took it in to two dealers it seens that they can't find the problem or don't want to waist there time because warranty does not pay much.

If any buddy have a idea's on this type of matter
    Last edited by 820leo; 06-27-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Re: ( HELP ) Suzuki C90 Running Rough On Cold Start Up

If it under warranty, just get it to a dealer. It's summer time, so expect to have to wait a little bit of time for it to get in to the shop. I have yet to see a dealer turn down warranty work, as it could cause some issues with the dealer agreement, so I think your argument of lower rate of pay being moot. If anything, dealers love warranty because it is guaranteed work and income.

Re: ( HELP ) Suzuki C90 Running Rough On Cold Start Up

Quote Originally Posted by 820leo View Post
    I have a 2008 Suzuki C90 1500KM only on it
    Has anyone had any problems with the Suzuki C90 with it running realy rough on cold start up that it almost wants to turn off. After it warms up it's fine any buddy have any solustion or had some repaires done to that matter.

When the bike starts up it starts great goes into high idle runs great when the fast idle drops off in around 15sec it goes into regular running idle it sounds like it wants to shut off after 2min it seams to be ok?

I took it in to two dealers it seens that they can't find the problem or don't want to waist there time because warranty does not pay much.

If any buddy have a idea's on this type of matter
    Dealer should be able to sort out this problem with the Sds (SUzuki Diagnostic tool) .With the Tool hooked up with the bike running ,at the instant the problem appears that data can be logged and put in graph form.This would shed some light on whether you have a failing sensor that is causing the problem.Do you know if the Dealer checked your TPS(throttle position sensor )and made sure that was calibrated properly that would be one of the first thing that comes to mind for me.
    That bike is also has A ISC (Automatic idle speed valve ) There are some issues with these sticking in other models.If I had to take a guess it sounds like this is more than likely your problem .The sds tool would show exactly what is going on with this valve when your problem occurs.
    The Dealer is obligated to work on your bike if its under warranty dont let them put you off.I have the Sds tool myself and have sorted out various issues of this nature but for bikes out of warranty . Since your bike is under warranty dealer should fix it for you this should not be out of your pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    so I think your argument of lower rate of pay being moot. If anything, dealers love warranty because it is guaranteed work and income.
    I dont think you will find a Dealer or tech that LOVES warranty work but that is no reason of course to turn it down .
    Warranty work is paid out at a lower rate thats a fact.Most techs who are on a flat rate system dont like warranty work because of this fact .That being said a good service manager should know how to work the system for more hours .
    LICENSED AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
    LICENSED MOTORCYCLE TECHNICIAN