Envy Rides

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Envy Rides

Envy Rides

Last year I bought a yosh slip on for my baby. Turns out with my model of bike adding a slip on doesn't remove the catalytic converter. So I was happy with the sound but not very loud. Anyway, I called all over the place looking for a mid pipe that will marry up to my can. Finally I called envy and spoke to the guy, told him my story. I told him a part number for the pipe that I was looking at and he felt confident that it would work. The pipe was made by Hindle and the can by Yosh. I dropped the money for the pipe and a PC III, waited 3 weeks and the pipe finally arrived. I took the bike into the service guys at Envy on Tuesday night and they said it would be ready on Wednesday evening. So Wednesday after work I drive all the way from ajax to Envy only to be told the pipe will not marry up to my can.. No phone call telling me not to come or anything at this point I was very upset about the service. They gave me a few options including having Hindle custom make a pipe that will fit, but all of the suggestions meant waiting for another peiod of time and would cost more money. The final option was for me to buy a Hindle can so it would match.. I ended up going with the final option, I hope the Hindle sounds good and I hope they get it done when they said they would... Sorry for the long read, and I'm not sure if this review will be for bad service or a good save... Stay tuned

UPDATE*****

It wasn't a good save, it was a GREAT one. SO, the part arrived later this afternoon (the day the work was suppose to be completed) and their service department in open until 5pm. I was getting worried when i phoned around 1pm and the part was not in. Not only did they get the part and get a couple of guys working on my bike, they stayed late to get it completed today for me. NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE. My baby sounds SWEET, just like i was hoping for.

THANKS ENVY RIDES!!!!!
    Last edited by 08R6; 06-26-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: update
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Hindle Full system with Carbon Fiber can
    Power Commander III

Re: Envy Rides

Sounds bad to me so far.. They took your money without knowing full well what you were getting into and now you have to pay out more money.
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

I hear alot about Envy not following up with their customers very well.

They should hire a "Follow-up associate".....could go a long way to great customer service.

On another note I've been waiting for my visor for over a month now.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Bad judgment (from lack of experience) on Envy's part, .... and the fact that they didn't call you, is bad customer service (that's poor professionalism).

Good or bad review? Let the actions speak for themselves.

I'm surprised they didn't offer you a alternative product (like the hindle exhaust) at cost price to prevent such a thread from surfacing.

In the end, you wasted your time, and spent more money.

Quote Originally Posted by 08R6 View Post
    Last year I bought a yosh slip on for my baby. Turns out with my model of bike adding a slip on doesn't remove the catalytic converter. So I was happy with the sound but not very loud. Anyway, I called all over the place looking for a mid pipe that will marry up to my can. Finally I called envy and spoke to the guy, told him my story. I told him a part number for the pipe that I was looking at and he felt confident that it would work. The pipe was made by Hindle and the can by Yosh. I dropped the money for the pipe and a PC III, waited 3 weeks and the pipe finally arrived. I took the bike into the service guys at Envy on Tuesday night and they said it would be ready on Wednesday evening. So Wednesday after work I drive all the way from ajax to Envy only to be told the pipe will not marry up to my can.. No phone call telling me not to come or anything at this point I was very upset about the service. They gave me a few options including having Hindle custom make a pipe that will fit, but all of the suggestions meant waiting for another peiod of time and would cost more money. The final option was for me to buy a Hindle can so it would match.. I ended up going with the final option, I hope the Hindle sounds good and I hope they get it done when they said they would... Sorry for the long read, and I'm not sure if this review will be for bad service or a good save... Stay tuned
    On behalf of the shop I do apologize for the issues at hand. There is no doubt that you should have been notified when it was realized the part ordered was not able to fit onto your bike. Obviously whomever ordered the Hindle part was under the assumtion that the Yosh pipe had a 2" opening which would have led to the work being completed yesterday. Unfortunately without seeing the Yosh pipe we obviously took your word for it, and ordered this Hindle part.

I have spoke to Sergio in accessories and for the inconvenience you are only paying 50% of our cost on the new part. We do expect that your new part will be in tomorrow, and I have made certain that Sergio will notify you once he has it in hand. We feel certain that the new part will fit correctly, so there should not be any further issues or delays, you will definatley have your bike by the weekend.

Again, on behalf of the shop, I apologize for the delay, and lack of communication.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact the owner, Steve Walker at stevew@envyrides.ca, he would be more than happy to speak to you regarding this mishap.

Vanessa
    3413 WOLFEDALE ROAD
    MISSISSAUGA, ON
    L5C 1V8

(905) 275-3689
    1 866 386 8997
    www.envyrides.ca

^^ Oh...well that was nice.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Quote Originally Posted by ENVYRIDES View Post
    On behalf of the shop I do apologize for the issues at hand. There is no doubt that you should have been notified when it was realized the part ordered was not able to fit onto your bike. Obviously whomever ordered the Hindle part was under the assumtion that the Yosh pipe had a 2" opening which would have led to the work being completed yesterday. Unfortunately without seeing the Yosh pipe we obviously took your word for it, and ordered this Hindle part.

I have spoke to Sergio in accessories and for the inconvenience you are only paying 50% of our cost on the new part. We do expect that your new part will be in tomorrow, and I have made certain that Sergio will notify you once he has it in hand. We feel certain that the new part will fit correctly, so there should not be any further issues or delays, you will definatley have your bike by the weekend.

Again, on behalf of the shop, I apologize for the delay, and lack of communication.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact the owner, Steve Walker at stevew@envyrides.ca, he would be more than happy to speak to you regarding this mishap.

Vanessa

Impressive.

For discovering this thread, and the prompt response. Thumbs up

Vanessa
    While I do understand that once in a while people make mistakes, communication breaks down and things just happen but I've been reading numerous posts of people dissatisfied with the service at your shop, accompanied by apologies and referrals to Steve Walker from you.

I've been in your store once and it's looks like a well laid out and generally OK place where I would want to give my business to, had I not been reading the mounting issues people have when doing business with you.

You guys need to sort these problems out, fix the people if necessary that cause them. It would be a shame to loose a GTA M/Cycle Store and the sizable investment the owners and dedicated employees have made.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Well it looks like the guys at ENVY are genuinely interested in ironing out the kinks as Vanessa just demonstrated.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by moosio View Post
    Bad judgment (from lack of experience) on Envy's part, .... and the fact that they didn't call you, is bad customer service (that's poor professionalism).

Good or bad review? Let the actions speak for themselves.

I'm surprised they didn't offer you a alternative product (like the hindle exhaust) at cost price to prevent such a thread from surfacing.

In the end, you wasted your time, and spent more money.
    They didn't just say too bad for you, they gave me a deal on the new can... a real good one in my opinion, i just really hope that i am happy with a hindle can... we'll see.. (fingers crossed)
    Last edited by 08R6; 06-25-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

Vanessa
    Thank-you for the message Vanessa, yes Sergio did give me a good deal on the new can (although I really wasn't expecting to buy any more new parts). I spoke with Steve on Wednesday night, I felt that everyone i spoke too knew that there was an issue here and were trying to see what they could do to fix it, even refunding my money for the special order parts etc. I think my BIGGEST concern was that there was no notification until i arrived that night.. long drive to turn around and drive home dissapointed.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

Just a note. People dropping in on the dealerships on the estimated date is a fairly common thing. Generally, the dealership wants your bike outta there almost as much as you do. That way, they can get another one in and make more money. They will call you when it's done and let you know when it's ready for pickup. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't consider goin' in without checking whether the bike's ready.
    With that being said, the service techs at the dealerships should be trained to say "we expect for it to be done on dd/mm/yyyy, but we will call you when it's ready for pickup just in case something happens." That would help avoid situations like this one (assuming they actually do call )
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Just a note. People dropping in on the dealerships on the estimated date is a fairly common thing. Generally, the dealership wants your bike outta there almost as much as you do. That way, they can get another one in and make more money. They will call you when it's done and let you know when it's ready for pickup. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't consider goin' in without checking whether the bike's ready.
    With that being said, the service techs at the dealerships should be trained to say "we expect for it to be done on dd/mm/yyyy, but we will call you when it's ready for pickup just in case something happens." That would help avoid situations like this one (assuming they actually do call )
    I agree that being non commital on a time frame would solve these types of issues, however, I think that when a customer is looking for this type of service they would like to have an estimated time of completion. In my case i dropped the bike off the night before, the guy i spoke to said that they would work on it the following morning and i would have no problem picking it up the next evening. He even said he would phone if it would be ready earlier for me to pick up... There was no talk of "call just in case we don't/can't complete the work" . Lesson learnt for me however i WILL be phoning them tomorrow after work, before i drive all the way there again, even though i was told i would receive a phone call if it wasn't going to be ready.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

I got a PM from Vanessa of Envy Rides and she is looking into my Visor order
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

On behalf of the shop I do apologize for the issues at hand.

Vanessa
    Good job. You guys are really making improvements from what I can see on these threads..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

updated in first post!!!
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

Banned

I like Envy.. They seems helpful all the time..

It's just a shame that whenever I'm there I have to hear ginos hanging around the R1's saying stuff like "bro..i'm gonna get my license and get one of these!", "Me too bro!", "I'll grab one too!", "bro! the r1 is the sickest bike. mint!", "we'll have our own bike crew.."

then I just get turned off on riding...

Quote Originally Posted by 08R6 View Post
    UPDATE*****
    It wasn't a good save, it was a GREAT one. SO, the part arrived later this afternoon (the day the work was suppose to be completed) and their service department in open until 5pm. I was getting worried when i phoned around 1pm and the part was not in. Not only did they get the part and get a couple of guys working on my bike, they stayed late to get it completed today for me. NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE. My baby sounds SWEET, just like i was hoping for.

THANKS ENVY RIDES!!!!!
    Good outcome. Congratz!
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

I'm hoping to buy 2 gixxer 750s at the end of this riding season from Envy...if they give us a sweet deal...I'll let you guys know how it turns out in Fall...I really wanna buy it locally but if the deal aint good enough..I'll take the business elsewhere or down south..
    Freedom of speech is wonderful - right up there with the freedom not to listen.

I wish I had found Envy rides sooner after going for there grand opening, was very impressed with the staff, more so over where i bought my last bike.

2008 Honda VTX 1300 C, Cobra Speedster Shorts, Kuryakyn Skull Ram Air, Kuryakyn Ergo Guards, Ultimate Seat. Flame thrower, don't stay too close.