Lane Splitting vs filtering - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane Splitting vs filtering

Re: Lane Splitting vs filtering

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Why not....

Cars do this to me DAILY at red lights... then "filter" / use my lane to make a right turn when I am the first vehicle in line at a red light.

It bothers me when they brush my elbows.
    Ok i see your point. But on the other hand from my stand point why would you not let the person make the right hand turn, If your going straight why not leave enough room for cars to turn right, Everyone expects cars to share the road with motorcycles as thay should but we as motorcycles should also share the road with cagers.Just my .02

I was in California in June and lane splitting is totally LEGAL there!
    At first it is odd and a bit scary as we have been programmed by the sheeple laws of this country where they have dumbed it down for every lame *** with a license. After awhile you are giggling like a kid as you zip by all the stopped cages.
    When we were stuck in LA rush hour on the freeway we managed to take a 2 hr commute and turn it in to 45 min!! No sitting in the heat. The cool part was many of the cars will move aside for you. They are used to seeing bikes go by and as long as we are lane splitting that is one less space in the line up. If there was no room you just stop and wait for the traffic to move and continue on.
    We need to start petitioning for it here!!! Just not taking up space and the heat factor alone are selling points.

In San Francisco a street car had all the traffic stopped at the top of Lombard Street (the most crooked street in the world). Thanks to lane splitting I zipped past 5 stopped cars, turned and had Lombard all to myself. My buddy took some nice pics.
    Yep, I am sold on it. Starting a petition out here to try and get it approved.
    Once I thought I was wrong.... but I was mistaken!

Quote Originally Posted by ss750 View Post
    Ok i see your point. But on the other hand from my stand point why would you not let the person make the right hand turn, If your going straight why not leave enough room for cars to turn right, Everyone expects cars to share the road with motorcycles as thay should but we as motorcycles should also share the road with cagers.Just my .02

I do, I leave plenty of room.. and as I said, it only bothers me when they brush my elbows (as in, they are WAY to close to me). It bothers me when they pass me basically brushing my elbows, when there is a few feet of clearance on the curbside.

I do, I leave plenty of room.. and as I said, it only bothers me when they brush my elbows (as in, they are WAY to close to me). It bothers me when they pass me basically brushing my elbows, when there is a few feet of clearance on the curbside.
    I also leave room, but increasingly over the years the occasional driver decides that he wants to take advantage of that space to try and get around me when the light changes.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I also leave room, but increasingly over the years the occasional driver decides that he wants to take advantage of that space to try and get around me when the light changes.

That hasn't happened to me...... yet....

That hasn't happened to me...... yet....
    I believe that it's been six times for me. On three of those occasions the driver also flipped me off.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde