York U parking - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: York U parking

Re: York U parking

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    1. approx 5000 full time students as of fall 2010 @ the york campus. Many of the students walk between the SEQ and TEL building for classes.
    2. that is still york's property - If you didn't know, if you park anywhere else even if it is seems like its on "seneca's property" you will get a ticket from york. Also, there used to be motorcycle parking there but the lines were erased and cars park there cause supposedly motorcycles had their parking passes(? the thing with the time stamp) stolen and ended up being ticketed.
    3. mentioned above, I was running late for an exam
    4. I dunno about you, but would you like a bunch of random people bumping in to your bike when they walk by? Would you be worried about your own bike getting knocked over if you were parked near that bike and it was knocked over? On nice days, bikes are parked just a couple feet apart.

Does it really get THAT packed? if so...i guess i won't be riding my bike to summer school

Quote Originally Posted by DollyMix View Post
    Does it really get THAT packed? if so...i guess i won't be riding my bike to summer school
    No, it doesn't, there is always space. Just don't park underneath the bridge which is the crosswalk for students between the two buildings.

I don't know why the hell anyone would advocate AGAINST this, plus the closer you park, the more chance of the ****tards from college sitting on your bike.

And fyi, I'm in Seneca College, I know we're full of ****tards.

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    And fyi, I'm in Seneca College, I know we're full of ****tards.
    Amen to that. The bathrooms alone in that place left me bereft of all faith in humanity.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by DollyMix View Post
    I don't know about summer cause many people take it off but I know for fall, its usually packed from the grass all the way down to the ttc bus stop. (last fall)
    Last edited by PLau; 04-17-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Amen to that. The bathrooms alone in that place left me bereft of all faith in humanity.
    Apparently guys at Seneca love writing on the stalls about their dicks...

Apparently guys at Seneca love writing on the stalls about their dicks...
    Yep. And even in our degree (not diploma or cert) programs, we still have idiots that should have been kicked out in semester 1. We've got some great teachers but sometimes looking at some of the people in my class make me want to /wrist. I've been to university and college is nothing like university, in university you've got a wide diverse of "smartness", in college it's one of two things:

mental retardation
    3.5+GPA (4 is perfect)

There is nothing in the middle: I am not joking.

There was a thread here a while ago about some kids sitting on his Ducati...personally, I felt really bad because I'm 99% sure it was some ****tard from Seneca. Guess it's kinda hard for some students to understand that sitting on someone else's bike is like opening someone's car door and sitting in it.

#@$(*&#@$ *RAGE*

Seneca@York attracts all the retards to campus, which is why I avoid being the last bike in line... +1 to not blocking the walkway...but while we're on this topic, can anyone tell me where the boundries are? How far towards the bus stop can you park? Also, what differentiates the bike racks by Seneca/TEL from any other bike rack on campus..(technically speaking). I see quite a few bike racks and always wondered if I could just park there..technically idk if it could be called a walkway becase a bicycle is allowed to park there, meaning people can't walk there.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    Seneca@York attracts all the retards to campus, which is why I avoid being the last bike in line... +1 to not blocking the walkway...but while we're on this topic, can anyone tell me where the boundries are? How far towards the bus stop can you park? Also, what differentiates the bike racks by Seneca/TEL from any other bike rack on campus..(technically speaking). I see quite a few bike racks and always wondered if I could just park there..technically idk if it could be called a walkway becase a bicycle is allowed to park there, meaning people can't walk there.
    I have a feeling that it has something to do with Seneca's building and Seneca's security that has to issue the tickets. I suppose Seneca's security is just nicer? I've heard stories of YorkU's security being huge dickwads.

I dunno how far left or right we can park...obviously not on the sidewalks lol

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    When its really packed, I'm just hoping bikers go to the other side of the rack and lock their bikes there.. If not, between motorcycles where there enough room to squeeze through (which is kind of nerve racking when you see it happen). As for how far down you can park your bike, just don't hit the side walk. Keep in mind though, there are a lot of people waiting for that TTC bus at times and parking at the end can be dangerous in a way...

Also something to keep in mind before parking your bike, DO NOT park right behind a bicycle. Although it may be common sense, I've seen it happen. It just gives bicyclists a reason to get really really close to your bike.

Once again though, I do not work for them and don't know what exactly they will or won't ticket you for. Supposedly this is the only area on campus (including other areas that Seneca occupies) that motorcycles can park. Others have gotten tickets for parking on the other side of the building where the "SENECA" sign is posted.

Also, to the red CBR125 parking on the sidewalk of the closed road in front of schulich last week, how did that go?
    Last edited by PLau; 04-17-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

They do turn a blind eye at the moment like you said because we're not blocking the walkway.

If they were to turn a blind eye to this, then someone will park on the other side of the pillar. If they turn a blind eye to that, people will start parking closer to between the pillars. Parking authority has to draw the line somewhere and people seem to have the "they do it so I should do it too" attitude.
    You may not see it in the picture, but the space in between the pillars can fit 2 people. Do you - oren102 think that a few thousand people walking through there should walk in single file to daily causing crazy congestion just because people with motorcycles don't care where they park?
    Lol there's a slippery slope and an ad absurdum in one paragraph

BTW, if you guys want to ensure parking privileges, make sure you all each send a letter to Seneca's administration thanking them. For the thousands that they've saved you guys in parking, it's the least that you could do.

Oren, are you rolling this summer, or what?!?!

Also, DollyMix looks cute af. Let's go for a ride and all that crap and whatnot so I can try and get your number and stuff. & to answer your question, it varies between pretty much the same or less packed in the summer because there are generally less students overall, but more people taking their bike.

between seneca and tel building seems to be a safe spot ive parked there all of last week. np.

Wait a second, this is something I'm confused about. What is the law on private property parking tickets?

If we're at Seneca, and York sends a ticket, and we don't pay (because they obviously can't withhold our transcript) what else can they do?

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Wait a second, this is something I'm confused about. What is the law on private property parking tickets?

If we're at Seneca, and York sends a ticket, and we don't pay (because they obviously can't withhold our transcript) what else can they do?
    Like all other private parking tickets, they cannot have an impact on your vehicle or driver license, but they can still pull your address from the MTO and demand payment. Stack up enough tickets and they can send it to a collection agency.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."