looking for some help with pricing my bike...

Thread: looking for some help with pricing my bike...

looking for some help with pricing my bike...

...i shall be selling my baby, a 2007 Ducati Monster Dark 695, all stock except for the bar end mirrors...it's got 15K on it or there abouts...very well loved and enjoyed, but not sure what these things are worth nowadays...wouldn't mind some help please...it's not under warranty, never tracked or dropped, always in a garage when at home or work, but just needs a solid cleaning to get the shine to come through...would like to know what i should be posting it for in the GTA? i've never had any troubles with it other than the cluster being replaced cause the speedometer was not accurate enough...i would like to know some good places to advertise it please, i'll be doing the autotrader and maybe that kijiji site...just not sure what a realistic asking price would be...thank you
    Last edited by DucDic; 06-18-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Re: looking for some help with pricing my bike...

What Monster model? 695? 800?

dajaga

go on autotrader.ca craigslist, kijiji, and compare what others have theirs for sale for. depending on how fast you wanna sell it drop your price a little

Are you getting another bike, or out of the sport ?

It depends on what model monster you have and what the km's on it are. US or CND bike?

PM me if you want to sell your bar end mirrors
    Whatever I just typed was probably meant to be humorous with a tinge of sarcasm, so, please take it that way. It's also not intended as a personal attack, so, don't take it personally. It is afterall, just a semi-anonymous post on the internet.

it's a 695, i went on a lot of these places trying to compare prices, but i think some people must live on the moon if they think their bike is worth so much...i live in the GTA, i picked up the bike fresh out of the crate, it's all canadian...and i can't sell the bar end mirrors cause otherwise i don't have mirrors...lol...i'm just looking for some honest pricing...i ain't in no hurry to sell the bike, it's just gonna sit in the garage when i get it back from the shop once it's been serviced, so will post the add and go from there...maybe in a few years i will pickup another bike, but that will be a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by ducdic View Post
    it's a 695, i went on a lot of these places trying to compare prices, but i think some people must live on the moon if they think their bike is worth so much...i live in the gta, i picked up the bike fresh out of the crate, it's all canadian...and i can't sell the bar end mirrors cause otherwise i don't have mirrors...lol...i'm just looking for some honest pricing...i ain't in no hurry to sell the bike, it's just gonna sit in the garage when i get it back from the shop once it's been serviced, so will post the add and go from there...maybe in a few years i will pickup another bike, but that will be a few years...
    $8500 ??
    Whatever I just typed was probably meant to be humorous with a tinge of sarcasm, so, please take it that way. It's also not intended as a personal attack, so, don't take it personally. It is afterall, just a semi-anonymous post on the internet.

Awww, sorry to hear man, but that thing's a POS.

I'll take it off ya for $1000, but only cuz I'm interested in the parts.

I did a quick search on craigslist and see them anywhere from $5900 to $7500 usd in the states.

Here, i'd say between $7500 and $8500.

Start with 8k or bo though I seriously doubt you will get 8...7 is more realistic. Where are you getting it serviced? If its rev then prepare to get raped.

Also, what are you getting next?
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

all service is done at peninsula imports, by a guy named jay...very knowledgable, very friendly...not getting anything else for a few years, or at least will see a few years down the road...i'm out for the next few seasons...just gotta go get my uvip and get the bike back from service...thank you for the price range, seems fair, but then if i knew that, i wouldn't be asking on here...lol...

honestly, with Ducs its whatever you can get for it since its a very discriminating type of buyer.

If the right buyer comes along you should be able to get a good price. If not, you could have a giveaway price and it'll sit.

I would try to post it a little higher for a week or two and drop it if you can't move it.

Summer is on your side.. lots of people looking for bikes now!

sorry to see you go man!

Sucks to hear that you are leaving riding. I totally understand though. Sometimes life gets in the way. I'm sure you'll be back in the future though.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

give it at least 3 years, i will be back...if i don't get a duc, it will be one of those new design 250 ninja's that have been out, should be able to pick up one of those real cheap down the road, at least then my GR can ride it...lol...

With a new 696 priced at less than 10 K, and that they are many 695's for sale, you should be able to move it for $6 000 to $6 500.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

Being that a 696 is under $10,000 realistically if you want a relativily quick sale I'd sell for $6500 on www.autotrader.ca

i'm not in a hurry to sell it, but i want to be fair about it, and i have never had a problem with a car i have sold in the past...first time selling a bike, but if no one is interested in the price, i just won't sell it then, not letting it go just for the sake of selling it, it will just get stored in the garage...just a shame to do that to such a beautiful bike, it should be put to better use...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by DucDic View Post
    i'm not in a hurry to sell it, but i want to be fair about it, and i have never had a problem with a car i have sold in the past...first time selling a bike, but if no one is interested in the price, i just won't sell it then, not letting it go just for the sake of selling it, it will just get stored in the garage...just a shame to do that to such a beautiful bike, it should be put to better use...lol...
    Unless you need the money keep it. You will never recoupe the sentimental value of the bike if you like it.