For those of you considering buying riding gear online, beware of very cheap stuff. Like people say, you get what you pay for. Here's my experience (and rant):

I've just started riding a few weeks ago and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on gear since I just bought a bike. So, I went online to look for good deal on discount motorcycle gear. Compared a number of sites recommended by other members, but finally stumbled upon a site (Leatherup.com) that had really cheap gear.

It's main brand is Xelement. After reading reviews on these products from same site (somewhat biased reviews since all were very positive) and doing as much research as I could, I bought a leather jacket for 99 $US (down from 300$ - or so they say) and gloves for 20$US. I thought I was getting an awesome deal, until I got my purchases.

Within the first few seconds of inspecting them, I knew they were cheap. The seams were loose, the zippers were cheap and it had a really strong odor. I've been using them for a few weeks now and they are starting to really get on my nerves.

First, the gloves. They have seams that digg into my hands, the stitching is very cheap and some thread are coming out already and in the rain, it stained my hands with it's dye.

Second, the jacket. Poor seams, cheap inner liners (mesh and removable vest), inner mesh already has a hole at a seam, pockets are poorly placed and have rough zippers that scrape your hands, and in the rain my shirt was badly tainted by the jackets dye.

I can't return them since the company is in the states and it's not worth what I paid for them.

Please take my advice (and those of others) and spend a little more on reliable quality gear! It costs less in the long run.

Cheers,