203 and crooked tows. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 203 and crooked tows.

Re: 203 and crooked tows.

omg i wouldn't leave

So, what is the recommended course of action if it is found that the impound yard has caused damage to the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBones View Post
    omg i wouldn't leave
    He had too ,the pound called the same cop that had the bike impounded he came there and told him to leave or be arrested...

Quote Originally Posted by moto22 View Post
    This is what the police and towing company's are doing to peoples property all you 203 supporters take a good look! you might be next....
    I can not imagine how angry i would be if that were my bike... and if the cop told me to leave or be arrested.. I'd leave but something tells me Lyons Autobody would have some of their tow trucks torched.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I can not imagine how angry i would be if that were my bike... and if the cop told me to leave or be arrested.. I'd leave but something tells me Lyons Autobody would have some of their tow trucks torched.

I totally agree with you if this were my bike this would mean ALL OUT WAR!!! between me and this pound, but funny thing is they said they didn't do it, it was the cop !

Hmmm. Lyon's Auto Body is in Mississauga. Was it *that* cop ... ? ? ?

I totally agree with you if this were my bike this would mean ALL OUT WAR!!! between me and this pound, but funny thing is they said they didn't do it, it was the cop !
    The bike was in the care of the towing company and they would be on the hook for any damages. They could have been sued for it. The problem is that when you sign off on picking up the vehicle, it generally includes a damage waiver.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Torch the cop's car too.

It's just SOO much BS. The police ideally should be there to protect us against situations like this. Instead, they are the cause of it. It's no small mystery why certain groups have an ever more negative view of law enforcement.

GRRRR just looking at that pic makes me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Hmmm. Lyon's Auto Body is in Mississauga. Was it *that* cop ... ? ? ?
    Don't know OPP though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The bike was in the care of the towing company and they would be on the hook for any damages. They could have been sued for it. The problem is that when you sign off on picking up the vehicle, it generally includes a damage waiver.

They used the damage waiver too screw him the guy signed it before he saw the condition of the bike ...
    Last edited by moto22; 06-17-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Torch the cop's car too.

It's just SOO much BS. The police ideally should be there to protect us against situations like this. Instead, they are the cause of it. It's no small mystery why certain groups have an ever more negative view of law enforcement.

GRRRR just looking at that pic makes me mad!

Tired of cops screwing people over and the politicians giving them the tools to do it ! this is not the first and won't be the last....

well since we are all good tax paying citizens that don't break the law we wont do that. but we should meet up to discuss what other options are available to us.
    "Bikes are an addiction for which there's no rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Not sure I follow Rob. If the cops have my bike towed, who signs off on picking up the vehicle? Cop or me? If me, and I refuse to sign off, what's the protocol at that point? Can cops still have the bike towed, but fully expose themselves and tow company to lawsuit if the bike gets damaged?

Or, by "picking up", are you referring to when you arrive at the impound lot to claim your bike? Can the tow company refuse to hand over your property if you refuse to sign the damage waiver portion, or explicitly exclude it (in writing of course)?

He had too ,the pound called the same cop that had the bike impounded he came there and told him to leave or be arrested...
    should have let him arrest him

Get it towed in North York by a police contract company I wont name, 170/hook, 130/day, 4.10/km

Just because he signed a liability waiver doesn't necessarily mean he's off the hook. I've seen some work contracts judged invalid because of a couple of unreasonable clauses. There are a couple of outs for him...
    1) He was under duress (sign or we won't release your bike)
    2) He wasn't of sound mind (upset by the serious implications of what happened)
    3) The contract itself was unreasonable (they caused the damage and then they made him sign the waver in order to release his bike)
    If they don't apply...
    #END SIDE-NOTE
    You can always go through the media or other peaceful ways of protesting. I suggest a circle of hands in front of the impound lot.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 06-18-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: See above
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

how come no one would name the names of those crocks? and OP would youtube the audio tape. let the whole world hear it. it will sure bring lots of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by beverage View Post
    Not sure I follow Rob. If the cops have my bike towed, who signs off on picking up the vehicle? Cop or me? If me, and I refuse to sign off, what's the protocol at that point? Can cops still have the bike towed, but fully expose themselves and tow company to lawsuit if the bike gets damaged?

Or, by "picking up", are you referring to when you arrive at the impound lot to claim your bike? Can the tow company refuse to hand over your property if you refuse to sign the damage waiver portion, or explicitly exclude it (in writing of course)?
    When you sign off to pick the bike up, when the impound period is up.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Just because he signed a liability waiver doesn't necessarily mean he's off the hook. I've seen some work contracts judged invalid because of a couple of unreasonable clauses. There are a couple of outs for him...
    1) He was under duress (sign or we won't release your bike)
    2) He wasn't of sound mind (upset by the serious implications of what happened)
    3) The contract itself was unreasonable (they caused the damage and then they made him sign the waver in order to release his bike)
    If they don't apply...
    #END SIDE-NOTE
    You can always go through the media or other peaceful ways of protesting. I suggest a circle of hands in front of the impound lot.
    Yes, it can be invalidated. Unfortunately it'll be an uphill battle and the facility has a signed waiver on their side, so it's up to you, to prove that it wasn't a valid contract.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 06-18-2009 at 07:24 AM.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

This is what the police and towing company's are doing to peoples property all you 203 supporters take a good look! you might be next....
    OK...can you get your buddy to write the story (or you can write it) along with the before and after picks and sent it to the MPP I linked in this thread????

this is exactly the kind of stuff that Queens Park needs to see.....they gave this kinda of power to a group that has absolutely no abilty to control themselves

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    OK...can you get your buddy to write the story (or you can write it) along with the before and after picks and sent it to the MPP I linked in this thread????

this is exactly the kind of stuff that Queens Park needs to see.....they gave this kinda of power to a group that has absolutely no abilty to control themselves

I've got the link so i will forward to him ! also i'm going to fire off something myself, but i wonder do they really care? "i doubt it" but we have too try or there will more a lot!! more of this sort thing...