stuck at work :( rectifier? 06' R6 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stuck at work :( rectifier? 06' R6

Banned

Re: stuck at work :( rectifier? 06' R6

Your bike has died on the road now a number of times yet you're still not taking this problem seriously, thinking it will somehow fix itself??? I guess you don't mind being stuck on the side of the road every other day waiting for a boost or overnight storage.

There is something wrong with your bike, it's not gonna fix itself. It's also quite obviously not your battery, so you've ruled that out. You need to now test the stator and the regulator/rectifier. One of these parts is pooched and will need to be replaced, do the tests to figure out which one it is before you blow more money on stuff you don't need.

You sound like a mechanic that wants to make some cash

Joking, i know... i am stupid for not taking it seriously, as soon as it dies on me, i can start it right back by pushing it. so thats a few second stop. and it didn't happen through last 20 or so rides, so thats where the ignorance was coming from.

Thanks for enlightening it for me, ill look into it as soon as i have some more time.

Cheers.

BTW, here is my temporary solution: :P

Last edited by Scigacz; 07-22-2009 at 04:18 PM.

A really quick look at the connector coupling from the rectifier would tell you if that's your problem. They have also been known to burn up....causing the connection to make/break intermittenly. Which would explain the reason why you can start your bike back up after it dies. If thats the case and you see that your couplings are black/burnt looking....then I would replace that first.

resurrecting older thread, however, i didn't fix the issue quite yet.
    Well all because it never happened to me again ever since the last time (knock on wood)
    the thing is that something came out recently that started bothering me and possibly it has a linkage to to Core Problem.
    my Turn signals started Flashing slower at higher speeds and fast (normally) when slowing down/standing without motion.
    im guessing, and have been told by few people that it is either a Alternator or Rectifier.
    what are your thoughts
    thanks

I had the same problem, but it disappeared tho... *i'll follow this thread