Is This TRUE?????

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This TRUE?????

Is This TRUE?????

my buddy told me if police are pulling you over and you take off on them on a bike, they cannot chase you, because the risk of you getting smoked is too high. All they can do is take your plate and hope they get you at home?

Re: Is This TRUE?????

Lets just say I wouldnt suggest testing this

i would never do it.

Just wanted to know if my buddies bullshi##ing

It is so true. You might just get away and they will never find you. Oh wait they probably already have a pic/ all info of you on their computer in their car and will be waiting in your driveway. They will save you a spot in the cell to room with Bubba.

I dont know if its true. But i have taken off on them before. I didnt pull over first thou lol Who the F would do that>? Then run? dont make sense. But yea, i was doing 210 down highway 6 when a cop at the Kart world was sitting an waiting. As soon as i saw his cherries go on, ...i pinned the throttle an kept going. I didnt look back for a minute, but when i did, he was nowhere in site. I couldnt even see him in my mirrors. So, all i know is from my 1 time stupidy move, i would say the myth is plausable.
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrc51 View Post
    It is so true. You might just get away and they will never find you. Oh wait they probably already have a pic/ all info of you on their computer in their car and will be waiting in your driveway. They will save you a spot in the cell to room with Bubba.
    lol, rocket is right on this one... Is what your asking true? I know it is true in one region just north of Toronto and South of lake Simcoe. Police are not permitted to chase a motorcycle in a high speed persuit.
    Rocket is right though, they will just go to your house and wait for you to come home... or use their radio to have someone intercept up ahead.
    You can be as fast as you want, but racing radio waves is a losing proposition, and last time I heard they can also deply aircraft within minutes.

You'll know it was a bad idea as soon as Bubba winks at you!
    lol
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by HBHarrison View Post
    I dont know if its true. But i have taken off on them before. I didnt pull over first thou lol Who the F would do that>? Then run? dont make sense. But yea, i was doing 210 down highway 6 when a cop at the Kart world was sitting an waiting. As soon as i saw his cherries go on, ...i pinned the throttle an kept going. I didnt look back for a minute, but when i did, he was nowhere in site. I couldnt even see him in my mirrors. So, all i know is from my 1 time stupidy move, i would say the myth is plausable.
    Wow HB, lucky guy... not sure if I'd ever risk it.. fleeing can reallt make the charges serious!

Appaloosa

hahahaah well they cant wait at your house if you have a bogus plate from the states, but the radio waves and aircraft are valid points

One time an r1 passed me on the mavis-401 east on ramp like i was going backwards. 5 seconds later a peel cop blew by me throttle pinned. The r1 was long gone on the 401. The copper got off on hwy10. He was defonitely chasing him though..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCrowe13 View Post
    Wow HB, lucky guy... not sure if I'd ever risk it.. fleeing can reallt make the charges serious!

how much more serious then going 210km, youll never be behind an engine
    again and youll be broke

if you're riding a 250, I wouldn't take a chance or you'll end up like this guy lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJosKoR7ws8

Wink, wink. LMAO. The po po are told to call off a chase when the speeds are excessive, but it is up to the officer chasing. If he decides he is going to get you, he'll get all the help he wants/ wait at your place. Just make sure he can not get your plate if you decide to run. Chances are it probably won't work out well for you. Unless you really want to see Bubba (wink).

Quote Originally Posted by janothemano View Post
    how much more serious then going 210km, youll never be behind an engine
    again and youll be broke
    Running from the cops usually means more than speeding is on your mind... Warrant for arrest, carrying drugs, carrying guns, most times people that try to evade, speeding infraction is not what they are trying to escape.
    I assure you, going 210km and tossing on a high speed chase will make a difference in the way things are handled. Expect to be in jail for a while.
    From what I hear, cops don't like people that try to escape.
    lol, I know you are not planning on it, but if you see the cherries, just do yourself a favour...Pull over.

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrc51 View Post
    Wink, wink. LMAO. The po po are told to call off a chase when the speeds are excessive, but it is up to the officer chasing. If he decides he is going to get you, he'll get all the help he wants/ wait at your place. Just make sure he can not get your plate if you decide to run. Chances are it probably won't work out well for you. Unless you really want to see Bubba (wink).
    Quote for the jail cell wall...
    "I once was a rider, now I am riden"

Appaloosa

Well, i do occasionally like to give er lol Its stupid i know, but... i cant help it. Thats why im going to the track. I need to just be able to open her. And it was late at night 4 years ago. First bike. I **** myself when i seen the cherries. When i got home i think i was shaking for 2 days lol Thinking there just waiting for me lol

And now, with the 50 over rule. If i was doing 50+ i would still run, let alone 210+. My plate is upside down an unreadable unless ur 2 feet in front of it. The way insurance is, and so forth .... im taking off. I think the 50 over rule is brutal, if it was 100 then yea. i would understand but come on, how many times have u been on the 401 an traffik is doing 135+ ???? B.S.
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

Quote Originally Posted by HBHarrison View Post
    Well, i do occasionally like to give er lol Its stupid i know, but... i cant help it. Thats why im going to the track. I need to just be able to open her. And it was late at night 4 years ago. First bike. I **** myself when i seen the cherries. When i got home i think i was shaking for 2 days lol Thinking there just waiting for me lol

And now, with the 50 over rule. If i was doing 50+ i would still run, let alone 210+. My plate is upside down an unreadable unless ur 2 feet in front of it. The way insurance is, and so forth .... im taking off. I think the 50 over rule is brutal, if it was 100 then yea. i would understand but come on, how many times have u been on the 401 an traffik is doing 135+ ???? B.S.
    50 over rule is terrible just for the fact that they make the call on the spot... Right or wrong, your car/bike is taking a trip to the impound... That is 100% BS!

Appaloosa

I met an OPP cop at a bbq once and he told me their cars top out at 200 kmh.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCrowe13 View Post
    50 over rule is terrible just for the fact that they make the call on the spot... Right or wrong, your car/bike is taking a trip to the impound... That is 100% BS!
    Indeed it is. Like i said, if it was 100 over or even 80, it owuld make more sense. Some of our bikes 1st gear is over 100kmh. Say im on the street an i open it up for a second im done? Screw that.
    2007 R6
    Mods

most cruisers top out at 190... lol gone

My bike goes 100 kph at 8500 rpm in 1st gear, and redlines at 12-13. For the riding i do, it doesnt need a tranny. Cruiser time.