$100 York ticket

Thread: $100 York ticket

Thumbs down $100 York ticket

So I've been parking at York for the passed month and a bit and have never gotten a ticket until last Monday. I always parked behind CSE (computer science engineering building) since it's really close to my classes and Monday i was smacked with a $100 ticket.

I go to York, so I should pay this if I want to graduate next year, but is there anyway to fight this and win?

VIOLATION 07-38e
    Blocking/Obstructing sidewalk/walkway access.

WTF, any help?

Re: $100 York ticket

well i got a ticket there as well..
    didn't pay it off ever it racked up some dollars.. but if ur planning to graduate yes pay it off..
    cuz it says that they can hold u diploma...

That's a frikkin' lot for a parking ticket. Can you contest it? I'd fight it.

Ya I've contested York tickets before and won, i just need a really really valuable excuse for them to give me a break.... :'(

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

$100 Wow,, Guess the days of $8 parking tickets at York are over.

Tell them you spoke to an officer at York before who was ticketing cars and you asked them if you could specifically park there and the officer said yes. Apologize, say you were misinformed and tell them it won't happen again.

Got the same ticket 6 years ago at York. Told them I was told at orientation before starting by someone behind the desk that it was okay to park my motorcycle there (which is actually true).

They sent a letter in the mail a few weeks later, that they had dropped the ticket.

does york know you own that bike?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
    does york know you own that bike?
    yeah if you dont register your bike / car at U waterloo, you just dont pay it since they dont know who you are. I would assume its the same at york
    '04 CBR1000RR

if you dont register, will there be any consequences like giving the ticket to police to deal wit?

Quote Originally Posted by stew- View Post
    if you dont register, will there be any consequences like giving the ticket to police to deal wit?
    Dont think so, I've still got a ticket from UW since 2006.
    '04 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by stew- View Post
    No. Police don't have the authority here, unless your ticket is given by the city. Even if it was, it wouldn't be different than any of the parking tickets you get on the street - police don't get involved, but you won't be able to renew you sticker.
    With all PRIVATE tickets, the worst that can happen is the COMPANY filling a case against the OWNER of the car/bike with the collections agency.
    Just contest the ticket if York has that option. The worst that can happen is you pay that 100.

Good Luck!

Thumbs down Re: $100 York ticket

Or, LOL, tell them that you didn't park it there, and some one had to push it on the sidewalk , as it was taking up whole car space parking spot. Tell them to look over the cameras, and pray they will not bother to do that and will drop the rediculas 100$ ticket.

Joking.

I think some prick prof who keeps calling security when he sees bikes parked there.

Learn your lesson, keep it parked at Seneca.

Only if York can't match the bike to your address then you're safe. Somehow they can check what license plates address home addresses are.

The people who think that you're potentially off scot-free forget that if the vehicle is licensed in your name, then they will likely consider private tickets to be a debt owed to the school. Can anyone here remind me what happens if you owe a debt to the school and want to graduate?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The people who think that you're potentially off scot-free forget that if the vehicle is licensed in your name, then they will likely consider private tickets to be a debt owed to the school. Can anyone here remind me what happens if you owe a debt to the school and want to graduate?
    how do they find out who owns the vehicle, vin # and address of that person?

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

I have like 3 Waterloo parking tickets, as long as it is not registered don't worry about them. These tickets are like 5+ years old

But i'm not 100% sure if York is the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    how do they find out who owns the vehicle, vin # and address of that person?
    The same way that any creditor could track you down; by asking.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

This exact same thing happened to me at York, and going through it all I can say that YES even if you haven't registered your car they look up ownership and try and pin it on any family member attending the school. In my case I should have gotten the ticket but they pinned it on my little sister, she fought it and didn't have to pay it. Not sure what would happen if you borrowed a friends car.