Where to buy a trailer locally?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a trailer locally?

Where to buy a trailer locally?

I'm looking to buy a small (4x8 ) open trailer. Are there any local places with prices somewhat comparable to the US sites (i.e. red trailers, harbor freight, etc.).
    from what i've seen it's ~$400US or ~$1200cdn for the same type of trailer!!

Re: Where to buy a trailer locally?

Check Kijiji.

You could probably find a pretty decent used trailer for $400.

Got mine locally (kijiji) for $100. It needed soem minor work (grease the bearings, replace a few angle irons) but is now almost ready for two bike use.

will a bike fit in a 4x6 trailer (straight) with the tailgate up? the numbers are borderline if it'll fit or not...

Quote Originally Posted by 005 View Post
    will a bike fit in a 4x6 trailer (straight) with the tailgate up? the numbers are borderline if it'll fit or not...
    No

I have a 6' bed on my Ranger and i cant put the tail gate up with the bike straight. Its about 6 inches too short.

^^^^ditto on my avalanche. "The Country Store" periodically has a 5x8 landscape trailer on sale for $599. perfect for 2 bikes.
    JUST RIDE IT.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Canadian Tire has a few on sale this week.

My R6 is 78" long,, I'd think most sportbikes are about the same.. A 6' trailer is a bit short.

It will work if you cut out the front wall and mount a wheel chock on the tongue.. But if you're buying a trailer, get a 7' or 8' one.

Snowbear in Guelph sells there factory seconds but now they sell them somewhere in Cambridge, I picked mine up a few years ago for $350.00 tax in and it sells for $999.00 at Home Depot. I can put my bike in it and it actually tilts too to unload crap.

give them a call,

http://www.snowbear.com/
    " I don't want a pickle, I'd rather just ride on my motorcycle."

Quote Originally Posted by gwelfmike View Post
    Snowbear in Guelph sells there factory seconds but now they sell them somewhere in Cambridge, I picked mine up a few years ago for $350.00 tax in and it sells for $999.00 at Home Depot. I can put my bike in it and it actually tilts too to unload crap.

give them a call,

http://www.snowbear.com/
    what makes it a "factory second"?! do the wheels point in two different directions?
    JUST RIDE IT.

next time i see some in an auction i should post up. i went to an auction that was clearing out junk and they had 2 trailers.

Jensen Trailers in Oshawa at Park Road, south side of 401.
    They are VERY competitive on all types of open and closed, single and multi-axle units.
    John W. is the man to ask for! Very good at getting what you need for your budget.
    1999 GSXR-600 SRAD

2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

thanks for the replies. saved me some future headaches from trying to shoehorn my bike into a 6' trailer

FYI
    uhaul seems like a good place to buy a hitch. hitch from uhaul cost me $120, canadian tire and all the other hitch places were quoting around $250 just for the hitch. ebay was even more ($150ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
    They are VERY competitive on all types of open and closed, single and multi-axle units.
    John W. is the man to ask for! Very good at getting what you need for your budget.
    What's approximately the cost for an enclosed trailer that could fit 1-2 bikes? Need something to trailer products for my business and want it to be able to take my bike to the track.
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
    +1 Jensen's is great. I have bought a number of trailers off of them in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1 View Post
    What's approximately the cost for an enclosed trailer that could fit 1-2 bikes? Need something to trailer products for my business and want it to be able to take my bike to the track.
    You need at least a 6x10. I have a 6x10 V-nose and haul two race bikes and everything else needed for a race weekend.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    You need at least a 6x10. I have a 6x10 V-nose and haul two race bikes and everything else needed for a race weekend.
    What am I looking at for something like that, $5000?
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1 View Post
    What am I looking at for something like that, $5000?
    you could likely do better than 5000 for a 6x10 enclosed. I'm not sure what jensen's retails them for, but I think your probably looking somewhere between 3500 and 4000. If your shopping new, a 6x12 probably isn't that much more money and believe me that extra 2 feet will make a big difference.

if you don't mind traveling to get a deal:

http://www.firstplacetrailer.ca/esto....php?ItemID=61

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    you could likely do better than 5000 for a 6x10 enclosed. I'm not sure what jensen's retails them for, but I think your probably looking somewhere between 3500 and 4000. If your shopping new, a 6x12 probably isn't that much more money and believe me that extra 2 feet will make a big difference.

if you don't mind traveling to get a deal:

http://www.firstplacetrailer.ca/esto....php?ItemID=61
    Thanks for the link, I would definitely like to get something used as im not looking to put too much money into this just yet. That seems like a great deal on the 6x12, cheaper than all the 6x10 on that site.