Info About State Farm

Thread: Info About State Farm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info About State Farm

Well i just got an e-mail from my agent. Just a little reminder there has been an increase this year now we want 1800.00 a year from 1300.00 a year last year.I was like wtf im 30 years old i ride a shadow 750 no tickets no accidents and i took the humber course. The biggest thing that kills me
    is she said my rate would go down after a full year of no claims. So i said **** that im going to call around. Long story short J duffy 900.00 a year full coverage 250 deductable. End rant.

Re: Info About State Farm

Sounds like you got a quote through Jevco Insurance Co. - A good company. You may also want to try a broker with Aviva, Pembridge or Wawanesa, all good companies, all looking for a rider over 30 with a cruiser.

Avi
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Sounds like you got a quote through Jevco Insurance Co. - A good company. You may also want to try a broker with Aviva, Pembridge or Wawanesa, all good companies, all looking for a rider over 30 with a cruiser.

Avi
    I believe he/she already got it done with Duffy so what's the point of piching a sale..

But I guess that's how you do it, trying to cut out everyone!

I recently got a rate increase from State Farm as well after a full clean first year coverage. I'm turning 31 in few weeks. Safety cert from Humber didn't matter.

Think time to look around too.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    I recently got a rate increase from State Farm as well after a full clean first year coverage. I'm turning 31 in few weeks. Safety cert from Humber didn't matter.

Think time to look around too.
    http://www.johnduffyinsurance.com

I must be the only person in the world who got a healthy decrease with SF this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ss750 View Post
    Well i just got an e-mail from my agent. Just a little reminder there has been an increase this year now we want 1800.00 a year from 1300.00 a year last year.I was like wtf im 30 years old i ride a shadow 750 no tickets no accidents and i took the humber course. The biggest thing that kills me
    is she said my rate would go down after a full year of no claims. So i said **** that im going to call around. Long story short J duffy 900.00 a year full coverage 250 deductable. End rant.
    I believe statefarm just changed their ratings. It was a long way coming as their claims experience wasn't reflecting in their rates.

You did the right thing by shopping around and that's all you can do as a consumer. Rates can change each year and what's good for you right now may not be the best next year.