Misspelled Name

Thread: Misspelled Name

Misspelled Name

This is not bike related, but i guess it could be. My buddy got a ticket on the water on the weekend up north, but the cop misspelled his last name on the ticket. We just wanna know if this ticket would be considered a right off/dismissed ticket if he goes in to pay it and say like this isn't me, or if it won't matter he still needs to pay the ticket regardless of the misspelled name??

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: Misspelled Name

nope, common misconception... if he wrote an "a" instead of an "e" or something like that, they won't throw it out because of simple error.

you can't just "not" pay a ticket by denying you're the person on the paper, it should still have the vehicle and driver's/boater's license information and whatnot to identify.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

well has his address, but no license information, now the watercraft is also not registered, so that was another thing worth noting, but his address is still on the ticket, so i'm guessing they could still find him there if he didn't pay the ticket. Shoulda just gave false information lol

For traffic tickets, a spelling mistake in the name of the driver is considered minor... as long as the license # is correct, the ticket will stand.

For boats... I don't know! How much is the ticket?
    Security transcends technology

$125, its not to bad, but if we could get out of it, that would be sweet. and consider they didn't know how to spell prescribed, there could be more mistakes on the ticket lol