NEXO boots-garbage - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEXO boots-garbage

Re: NEXO boots-garbage

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    Speak for yourself
    uh, yeah, that's what I'm doing.
    Sorry, in this context I meant your opinion only applies to you...as in I'm of the opposite view.

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    You know what they- you get what you pay for.

Buy a pair of A*s or Sidis. They aren't cheap but they provide excellent protection and they do last for a decent period of time.
    A*s are expensive crap... Dainese, Teknic (Speedstars) or Daytonas.. maybe the Puma 1000s...
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

IMO these boots are junk, spend a little more get alot more

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    A*s are expensive crap... Dainese, Teknic (Speedstars) or Daytonas.. maybe the Puma 1000s...
    "A*s are expensive crap...."

What have you been smoking???

I had A* boots and they were super comfertable, but I want the Puma 1000's. I cant speak for the Nexo boots but I have a pair of the short gloves and the valcro strap is WAY too short.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    Speak for yourself. 2nd year with my NEXO jacket and it's still EXCELLENT value for the money.
    Crashed in it ?,, I saw a relatively low speed lowside wear right through Nexo Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by type_s kid View Post
    I had A* boots and they were super comfertable, but I want the Puma 1000's.
    Ask People who own them what they think ?,, I race with a couple of guys that wore them,, and have crashed in them.. the plastic breaks or they keep falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Ask People who own them what they think ?,, I race with a couple of guys that wore them,, and have crashed in them.. the plastic breaks or they keep falling apart.
    The A*'s or the Puma's?
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Worst purchase I have ever made! EVER!!!

I just picked up a pair of Axial Race from RC last night to correct the mistake. To sum it up the Puma 1000's are junk, i've only been wearing them this since the spring and already the rear calf protector snapped in half simply from the pressure I exert on my ankles while riding, there a ***** to get into (no jokes 3mins) and the stupid lace thing keeps coming off the velcro and has gotten me black flagged 2+ times, the stupid design of the flex system gets caught in my rear sets causing my foot to get locked mid corner (scary). The little plastic pieces that are design to keep your ankle from bending over in a crash pop out of place simply from the pressure of normal riding never mind them actualy doing anything in a crash. The boots held together with a few bolts that have loctite on them, they all eventually get loose and fall out.

Unfortunately i've crash tested these boots, they crashed OK and I didn't brake anything but I think that's just cause I got very lucky and has traveling shoulder first. The boots still managed to get grounded down and the snap buckle has been ground down quite a bit but is still functional.

Point being save your money and avoid the Puma 1000's, the Nexo look no better my brother in-law has them... My experience is not unique and a few other racers have similar opinions.

Dainese for the win...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrkr13 View Post
    The A*'s or the Puma's?
    Stay away from both!
    SOAR Novice #113

I'm with Dave on the Puma's. When I bought them I thought they were great, very comfortable. I have crash tested the boots and they did their job ... but the lego breaks easily. The final straw for me was I was getting suited up to go on the track and noticed one of the pivot bolts missing. Without that bolt there isn't any protection for the ankle joint.
    I have replaced them with Daytonas.

Anyone want to buy a used pair of size 43 Puma 1000s?
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Velcro almost gone from both zippers.
    Rubber "safe max" design pieces coming off the heels of both boots, one corner fallen off and gone.
    Reflective silver oval pieces above the heel cracked and broken on both boots
    Inner ankle guard/brace on the right boot broken and hanging off
    One of the screw anchors on the toe slider on right boot has come out, so only one screw holding it on.
    Almost everything that happend to kellen boots happend to mine. Bought them last year around April. Inner ankle brace on the right boot broke and the screw holding it on fell off while walking around July and then in September the left toe gaurd fell off while i was just crusing. I didn't even notice it until i put my foot down and it looked smaller WTF.

Anyhow i know you get what you pay for but they should hold up longer then one season. Won't purchase Nexo again.

thread useless without pics lets see the garbage!

But we knew that already, right? Gave em a try for $150 tax in from pro6 at the bike show in January. I've worn them this season only, 2 months or so. So far:

Velcro almost gone from both zippers.
    Rubber "safe max" design pieces coming off the heels of both boots, one corner fallen off and gone.
    Reflective silver oval pieces above the heel cracked and broken on both boots
    Inner ankle guard/brace on the right boot broken and hanging off
    One of the screw anchors on the toe slider on right boot has come out, so only one screw holding it on.

I'm going to e-mail NEXO directly this week and see what they have to say.

Somethings make you wonder, why are people trying to sell used Nexo Boots ???
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Wow. Some people have good experiences and others bad.

My buddy whom I have been riding with for over 10 yrs got setof Nexo boots at the end of 08. he loves them. He hasn''t mentioned anything bad about them except he thinks they look cheaply built. He bought a few more expensive boots online, and once he tried them he had to sell them at a loss beccuase they weren't comfy. He likes the fit of his Nexo boots alot. And a weird bonus we discovered last July-We got caught in 4 hrs of rain at the FInger Lakes, and while I had a half a cup of water to pour out of each of my Sidis, his Nexos turned out to be 100% waterproof. He had no idea, as he said no waterproofness was mentioned to him when he bought them.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

lol google says visiting nexosports.com might harm your computer haha. me thinks someone hacked their server?

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    "A*s are expensive crap...."

What have you been smoking???
    I've been smoking the expensive stuff that enlightens you.. haha

I have SMX4s or 3s or whatever.. bought them from GP bikes at the 04 or 05 bike show for $300 or whatnot.. after taxes at the time. I picked up a pair of Daytonas from Mcbrides before they went outta business and they are superior in every way.

NO plastic on the outside of the boot to squeek or fall off, superior ankle protection.. they dont scratch my swingarm or whatnot, which the older Supertechs did with the steel heel guards or whatever they had on them..

Someone reamed me out for saying the Pumas were **** as well, but the owners of the boots have already spoken above..

The only complaint i ever heard about the daytonas were that the leather wore through and was a bugger to replace the zipper on.. unlike dainese, astar supertech or even the teknic speedstars, the daytonas outer shell is available once your sole is worn out or the shell is damaged.
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Kellen,

Same experience as you with Pannon, so I totally understand where your coming from!! Garbage product, customer service, support etc etc....

Hope you don't mind my review linked in:

Pannon Sports + Nexo Gloves = Garbage!!
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...01#post1232901

I have a pair of A* boots that I've crashed in and they held up really well. I'm still wearing them 4 years later.
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent