new track school for track newbs - Page 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: new track school for track newbs

Re: new track school for track newbs

Exactly - if you have a significant other that is coming to the track all the time and is wondering why you love it so much, then invite them to try it out in this new program

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Great Program Donald !,

Since it's a regular trackday during the day in July It would be a good opportunity for me to do a trackday then the wife could try it out after on her baby ninja..
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Emptying my coolant and adding water wont hurt my bike? Even if im riding the street an course for the day?
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

Quote Originally Posted by luap View Post
    Just signed up for the 27th!
    I see the registration for the 27th for the lap day, but not for the 4pm beginner track day course. ????? Link please, thanks
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

Quote Originally Posted by HBHarrison View Post
    Emptying my coolant and adding water wont hurt my bike? Even if im riding the street an course for the day?
    Nope! It's a mix of distilled water and a lubricating product called water wetter, that basicly replaces the lubricating properties found in antifreeze. I've found the bike will actualy run 8-10c cooler with WW in the bike. Won't do it any harm at all, just remember to go back to antifreeze or over the winter, or just leave the system empty. (not always best in a high humidity environment)
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Nope! It's a mix of distilled water and a lubricating product called water wetter, that basicly replaces the lubricating properties found in antifreeze. I've found the bike will actualy run 8-10c cooler with WW in the bike. Won't do it any harm at all, just remember to go back to antifreeze or over the winter, or just leave the system empty. (not always best in a high humidity environment)
    Where do i get this water wetter? An how much do i mix?
    2007 R6
    Mods

Canadian Tire and follow the bottles instructions, think it's 4 caps per litter. The stuff is pink and in the automotive department, should be good for 4-6 full system flushes.

When your doing it empty your system out, fill it with the hose, run the bike for 2 seconds, empty again, repeat this 3-4 times until all the green stuff is gone. And finally using distilled water and the correct mix of coolant fill the system back up, then start the bike, top off the coolant and fill the reservoir to the appropriate level. Should take no more than 20 min.
    SOAR Novice #113

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...e_lapping.html

contact TMP and they will get you signed up

Donald

I see the registration for the 27th for the lap day, but not for the 4pm beginner track day course. ????? Link please, thanks
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Or since you are in Hamilton, you could shoot over to Sturgess Cycle...and all of the guys behind the counter have done Cayuga trackdays, so you could get some info from them as well
    *~Maggie~*

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    Or since you are in Hamilton, you could shoot over to Sturgess Cycle...and all of the guys behind the counter have done Cayuga trackdays, so you could get some info from them as well
    Sounds like an idea, i usually go to Kellys Cycle up on the mountain, but... i guess i could go to sturgess lol Thanks sunshine
    2007 R6
    Mods

I spoke with Vanessa at TMP and she said that the site has not been updated yet (and that it should be updated sometime next week). Thus, I don't believe you can sign up until then.
    -> Jeremy W <-
    -Honda CBR250R (MC17) <- Soon to be 'For Sale'
    -Honda VFR400R (NC30)
    -Suzuki GSX-R600 (K7)

I'm sure if you talk to them and give them a credit card number you can get registered

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_high View Post
    I spoke with Vanessa at TMP and she said that the site has not been updated yet (and that it should be updated sometime next week). Thus, I don't believe you can sign up until then.