15 0000? for inscurance?!

Thread: 15 0000? for inscurance?!

15 0000? for inscurance?!

So i just got my m2 and been insured for 3 months on a 08 ninja 250. Ive been thinking of upgrading to a Yamaha r6. I called my insurance today and they told me 150000 A YEAR? is this right? Anyone else have this problem? I am 23 and i understand im not over 25... But still ! My current insurance is only 2300! And i added one extra zero sorry 15 000

Re: 15 0000? for inscurance?!

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie85 View Post
    So i just got my m2 and been insured for 3 months on a 08 ninja 250. Ive been thinking of upgrading to a Yamaha r6. I called my insurance today and they told me 150000 A YEAR? is this right? Anyone else have this problem? I am 23 and i understand im not over 25... But still ! My current insurance is only 2300! And i added one extra zero sorry 15 000
    By the sounds of it you're likely with a company that doesn't want sportbikes. It sounds like you're with Kingsway or Jevco. Both have good rates for a 250 bike (because it's exactly what they want). The R6 is a different monster altogether.

If that's what you are looking to upgrade to, the best time to do it is on the renewal, and then move to a different company that insures sportbikes for a reasonable premium.

Ya im with Kingsway. Guess ill have to wait it out . What insurance would you recommend for an 600 sports bike??

Ya im with Kingsway. Guess ill have to wait it out . What insurance would you recommend for an 600 sports bike??
    State Farm is the only company with reasonable Sport Bike rates. There is a wealth of information if you actually *search* the insurance forums.

Just enjoy the 250 for this summer and sharpen your skills, and consider an R6 next season.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

If you got your G1 at 16, go to statefarm. /thread

Banned

a quote liek that is just a legal way of telling you to F- off.

LOl legal way to tell me to F*** off i like that! and it sure did work hhahaha

LOl legal way to tell me to F*** off i like that! and it sure did work hhahaha
    It's cause there not legally allowed to refuse to insure you hence the inflated rate!
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    It's cause there not legally allowed to refuse to insure you hence the inflated rate!
    It is true that we cannot refuse to insure, but the quoted rate will be based on the rating manual which is approved by the regulators and supported by claims history. Brokers cannot make up subjective premiums.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)